1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time to look at the run in

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Feb 24, 2017.

1. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

A very realistic analysis.

...but I am quietly hoping for more and would love us to win away to Derby and Villa. :)

finglasqpr likes this.
  2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Don't we always beat Derby?!

3. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

I'm going the Villa away match so I am also hoping for an away win. I have seen us win, draw and lose there in my previous 3 visits. The last time it was 3-3 just before we got relegated. Hopefully I'll see another six goals :emoticon-0100-smile

4. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

It should be a good match. Plus, it would be a very enjoyable away win. :)

finglasqpr likes this.
  5. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

was there for the 2-2 draw. Cisse debut. Great start, we hung on, and I had the worst curry in Perrys Barr although the taxi driver said it was the best in Bham

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I have personal terrible memories of Villa Park as we always lost heavily and generally Andy Little played a blinder and scored a hatrick. :(

However, that was some time ago, but then I was very impressed by their Holte End, especially as it disappeared into the dark beyond the floodlights.

7. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

And I have a wonderful memory of Villa Park!

May 1968 with about 18,000 other Rangers. Still my favourite away game of all time1

8. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

18,000 other Rangers! It must have been amazing.

We can "technically" get that many today for a home game!

9. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Figlas - I agree completely with your picks. Maybe Wednesday we could nick 3 points and Brighton a draw but I would be happy with that return. I just wonder Holloway would play reserves if he knows we are safe.

Derby away 1
    Villa away 1
    Brighton H 0
    Bristol City away 1
    Wednesday H 1
    Brentford A 1
    Forest H 3
    Norwich A 0

finglasqpr likes this.
  10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I was there for that one Terry. I went on one of the coaches - memory tells me there were over 100, but that seems crazy..

11. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Oh yes remember being there for that match, was it a Bradley OG that won it I think.

12. stick

stick Bumper King

You old boys might like this........

While opinions might vary, arguably this was the greatest - and most momentous - day in QPR history: May 11, 1968, the day that "little" QPR won promotion to the First Division (as it was then called) opened up new vistas and a new horizon for a team that was historically "just" a little Third Division Team. To reach the First Division...The feeling for a QPR fan was truly incredible.

The history should be known to all QPR Fans: Promoted the previous season as Third Division Champions and League Cup Winners, QPR had previously spent only four seasons (1948-1952) in the Second Division. Only one other team in history had gone straight through from the Third to the First Division in successive seasons. Basically with a couple of additions and departures, this was the same team that got QPR promoted from the Third Division. Incoming: Ron Springett, Frank Clarke...Outgoing: Peter Springett, Mark Lazarus.

May 11, 1968, QPR travelled to Aston Villa, neck and neck with Blackpool chasing for promotion. (In an era, when there were two points for a win; there was goal aggregate (goals for divided by goals against) rather than goal difference; and only two teams were promoted - with no playoffs for the teams below). The Programme Mick Leach scored QPR's first. Eight Minutes from time, a Bradley Own goal put QPR 2-1 up and that was the final score. QPR promoted with a marginally better goal aggregate than Blackpool.

The QPR team on that day: Mike Kelly in goal. Allan Harris, Bobby Keetch, Tony Hazell and Ian Watson in defense
    Ian Morgan, Mike Keen Les Allen, Mick Leach
    Rodney Marsh, Frank Clarke

The 1967-1968 Season: If "1967" has become synonymous with QPR's Wembley Victory (and the Third Division Championship!) 1968 was in some ways even more beyond belief.
    Managed by Alec Stock...coached by Bill Dodgin...Captained by Mike Keen...Inspired by Rodney Marsh and Roger and Ian Morgan...

The 1967/1968 Players: Mark Lazarus started with QPR and moved on to Crystal Palace. Formre England Goalkeeper, Ron Springett had returned to QPR in a swop, in which his brother Peter Springett moved to Sheffield Wednesday. Alan Harris joined QPR. Rodney Marsh missed the start of the season with a broken foot, but ended the season as top goalscorer with 14 goals. Near the transfer deadline, Frank Clarke joined QPR from Shrewsbury (after QPR failed to sign John O'Rourke)
    Les Allen, Frank Clarke, Dave Clement, Alan Harris, Tony Hazell, Ron Hunt, Mike Keen, Bobby Keetch, Mick Leach, Rodney Marsh, Ian Morga, Roger Morgan, Keith Sanderson Also: Mark Lazarus, Bobby Finch, Backup goalie, Mike Kelly, Frank Sibley, Ian Watson, Alan Wilks. Ever presents: Mike Keen, Roger Morgan, Allan Harris.
    Leading Scorers: Rodney Marsh 14, Ian Morgan 10, Mick Leach 10, Roger Morgan 8, Les Allen 6, Mike Keen 6, Frank Clarke 3.
    And of course the season, when in the League Cup, Alan Wilks scored a record five goals in QPR's 5-1 win over Oxford United.

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/3588#ixzz4c5yzD0iP

QPR999, kingdom hoop, QPRski and 4 others like this.
  13. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep I was at Villa Park that day as well, taken by my parents on the coach from HQ along with thousands of others.......

Also went to Villa Park for a League Cup tie in the early 80's that I think we lost 1-0, always was an impressive stadium, even back then......