1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Today's Ref...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Mar 11, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Was he suggesting cheating when he told a certain well known not606 celebrity, he could have given a corner to the opposition during the actual game, when said supporter had politely pointed out the error of the man in black interpretation of the rules.

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Let's have it out in the open !- I was asking him to use common sense and let Nelson take a goal kick - from a more 'central' position - rather than a free kick from an awkward position near the corner flag.
    The ball was being shielded by the Gills defender - quite near the corner flag at the time. As it reached the 'goal line', the Scunthorpe forward fouled our player - and both ended up in a heap behind the line............... Now we're talking about a referee who, in the first half seemed to be unable to see anything wrong with Scunthorpe's tactics............. suddenly the same referee was able to detect that the ball last touched the Gills defender before it went over the line (( thus conceding a corner )). How the referee could tell is beyond me. If it was rugby he would have asked for the tv judge to decide - our referee was guessing as to who last made contact with the ball.

........... so, brb - you was there - you saw what the referee ( and their assistants ) couldn't see - and yet you seem surprised that I suggest they should cheat. THAT is never what I want and is something that would make me stop watching football - however I think that the surprise would be if any (many) of their decisions were not connected to cheating.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  3. brb

brb CR250

Basically you used common sense for something the ref like myself could never see. Was it a foul was it corner was the ref a Scunny supporter. But hey I loved it when he completely bottled and gave three very unusual penalty decisions.

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

So that was why Scunny's other player wore black, he was the referee. <whistle>

5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

think first pen was soft. other 2 were penaltys. Don't think would have given the first one if it was third instead of first.

6. brb

brb CR250

Have to agree, never was three pens IMHO, but alwaysright played his usual role as the 12th man and got the ref to bottle it hahahaha - I would never had believed it if I hadn't of seen it for my own eyes. If these 3 points keep us up, Scallywag should give alwaysright a free season ticket for next season lol.

7. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I'm not the only one who tells the referee and the linesman what they haven't seen. In the first half the referee was simply awful. The standard of referees has left a lot to be desired. I'd like to think that they ( and the linesmen ), are not cheating - but I cannot believe that they can be so bad and miss so much - thank goodness the referee made 3 good decisions ..... I actually thought the first penalty was the most worthy !

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  8. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Never let me ask you to organise a raffle - like the old joke, first prize a weekend away in Birmingham, second prize a week away in Birmingham (pick the location of your choice).

brb likes this.
  9. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

It would be very interesting to see what odds the Gills were to win with 10 to go ?????? and how many bets were layed