1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Top of the League?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Sapphire, Feb 19, 2015.

1. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

DC has done a brilliant job at Rovers this season and is well on his way to leading us back to the Football League at the first attempt. That would be a great achievement, so why do some people still feel the need to criticise him and blame him for last season? He is a very good manager and I hope he is with us for years to come.

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

There will always be a small core of so called fans who see the glass half empty no matter what. DC's a gem. We'll be lucky to hang onto him.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Lets hope NH reads this maybe then they will give a good long contract to help him see the job through. I firmly believe that DC is the man to lead us onwards and upwards

4. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I believe in DC, but he does need to sort our attacking game out a bit. Our defence is good enough for league one let alone conference, but our attackers are barely good enough for this level

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You think if we would of converted all those waste chances in recent games and not pissed away leads over Chester and Dartford also. Even though Matty Taylor has been an excellent signing I don't really see him as a striker. We're still in need of that 30+ goals a season striker and IMO Cureton (yes him again :grin:) would of been excellent at this level and could of got us those goals we've needed. Anyway that said I would take another scrappy 1-0 win against Braintree tonight right now.

6. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I would take every scrappy 1-0 win this season to get out of this division. The problem is next season (if we make it) our strike force will not be good enough for league two

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Taylor could miss tonight. He has lots of creativity but missing that clinical finish. I would like to see what he could do out wide or just behind the front 2 of Easter/Blissett. But also I woulsnt want to change things now when we are on a good run!

8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think you're right about Matty Taylor. He reminds me of Campbell and I reckon he would do well behind the front two.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The Grimsby goals.... (1st was shocking defending and keeping by Barnet. Barnets leveler looked like it should have been saved! Grimsbys 2nd was a calm finish by Disley in injury time and the 3rd goal was sloppy by Barnet and easy for Grimsby.