1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Townsend and darlow

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Prince Isak (GG), Apr 30, 2016.

1. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Even if we go down we look like having a reasonable back line. Darlow Anita lascalles mbemba and dummett is not a bad back 5 with some additions. If we stay up I think we need two full backs and a CB to help. Clearly colo and Taylor are on the way out and I reckon janmaat will be aswell. Krul is a strange one. I'm not that fussed if he stays or goes. Elliott should stay.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Darlow did well but I still think he lacks presence. Its why he punches a lot because he is so lightly framed for a goalie he gets beasted quite a bit. However the lad was great yesterday and he can only get better. I'd like to see him bulk up a little like Joe Hart did.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I do not want us falling into this trap. These lads are decent. Lascelles and Mbemba have good potential. But a few games at the end of a season should not have people kidding themselves. We need a top class centre back and two full backs. I'd sell Janmaat to a club who have to less defending he'll probably do well. I'd retain Anita and Dummett as back up full backs. Both can play other positions so they give us a couple of utility players. We need a leader and commander of the back four too. Then a young centre back to develop. Sell Colo, Haidara and Saylor too. I think with Krul, Darlow and Eliott I'm probably happy. Controversially I'd probably be thinking of selling Krul. I'm just sure he will ever develop his kicking and passing skills to play at the top level. We could get top money for him. Ridiculous really as its such a basic skill to learn - maybe with better coaching under Rafa he can finally sort this out. He just kicks long all the time. Managers get blamed but I firmly believe he lacks confidence in himself and this is the reason he does it.

McClaren and Pardew both wanted him to play out and you could see them getting frustrated on the sidelines.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I see you don't think so bad of him as most of the rest of the crowd yesterday. Care to explain why?

<grr>

5. Tol3

Tol3 Active Member

I was still basking in the warm glow of townsends winner I couldn't generate the beel to hate that passionately.

6. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Having watched it again on MOTD Cabaye did hit it with some pace, Darlow did well to firstly guess right and secondly parry it away from danger. I can't take anything away from him really cos it still had to be saved. He looks like he could turn into a top top keeper, good strong hands, vocal etc...he just needs a few pointers in commanding his 6 yard box a bit more but he's been thrown in at the deep end and let's not forget he's our 3rd choice!

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

8. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

You can have Skrtel if you want.. Rafa brought him in, £10m and he's yours <ok>

In terms of Krul, Rafa brought in Reina in the summer that Dudek won us the CL in 05. Reina, best keeper with his feet so unless Rafa has changed his plans, he loves a keeper with top distribution.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Looks like we will have to buy 3 new keepers then!