1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers Ins And Outs

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Jun 17, 2015.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

NH said after the play off final that he hoped the budget given to DC would be good enough to challenge at the top end of the table, so am I right in thinking that the judgement was expected earlier than this or are they just being cagey to keep the playing costs eg wages and agents fees down

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think they all thought a decision would have been made by now regarding Sainsburys. After all, the judge who should have taken the case said months ago due to the time issues involved, he would try and give a verbal outcome at the end of the case then do the write up after. Then some reason he was taken off the case and the woman judge took over.

I hope DC is keeping costs down. He did so last season to be able to afford Lines and Easter from January onwards. He wants short term deals and players to earn a longer deal if they can prove themselves able to fight for BRFC. Sounds great to me. Agents wont be happy with this though as they want security with their players like 3 year deals etc.

This is where DC may struggle. Conference players have the determination to improve and get to the football league and fight for it. Football league players feel they made it and dont have tp worry too much if they can get good deals for themselves. For example, we for some reason are 1 of the favourites to get promotion. If we offered a player a 1 year deal and a team who is expected to struggle offers that same player a 3 year deal, he will most likely go for the 3 year deal. Trying to find the type of player tha DC is looking for within the football league could be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. His knowledge of the conference was great and knew where the gems were. His knowledge of the football league may not be a good. Time will tell. I 100% agree ith what he trying to do - saving the club money and making players earn better deals, but pulling it off will be a massive massive task as the mentality of the players in the football league are a different breed. I wont be surprised if more signings are from conference clubs, players he feels will make the step up. He often said conference and league 2 are very much the same and mid table conference could easily compete with mid table league 2 so he may show this with signing cheaper wage players, players who would jump at the chance to play in the football league.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I reckon he's got his targets lined up already, which would be a smart move. Can't believe nothing's happened yet.

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I think you need to also take into consideration the ego of some players. Winning a Champion's medal will always look good on the CV. At the moment the squad looks, and is, thin on the ground. Given a couple of decent signings and there will be enough players who will only be too pleased to jump on the bandwagon.

5. Gastronomic

I'm sure there must be a few irons in the fire who will be confirmed next week. The core squad is a bit thin, but as you say, with a couple of decent additions tings look much better.

6. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I am still of the opinion we need a right winger, left winger, striker (goal scorer) and another CM (Lines hopefully) minimum

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  7. Gastronomic

I reckon we'll get Dawson and Lines. Can't hazard a guess at anyone else.

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

LDV please

9. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

A Rovers team starting back with Lines, Dawson and LDV added to it would certainly be worth a watch and should vastly increase the footfall through the turnstiles early on in proceedings.

10. Gastronomic

They also know the set up, so they wouldn't need much time at all to settle in...

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

DC may use Sinclair out wide if we get Lines as we have Mansell and Clarke who can play CM and Lockyer too.

12. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Is there anybody out there who can start a believable rumour about a quality signing, this site is so boring at the moment with a complete lack of action

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Other forums are the same but they just recycle the same crap or just moan and bitch about each other about the same crap. Its the silly season and quiet season. Until something happens from the club, we need something to amuse us. Games are usually a good thing but done so many in the past, we would likely just recycle the old games which aint fun at all. Feel free to start something though. Anything to keep us sane!

14. Thorngas

Thorngas Active Member

Omar bogle
    Would have liked to see him in the blue and white quarters.
    Gone to the losers of that play off final many gas heads talk about.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  15. Gastronomic

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

17. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like Lines is set to sign<party>

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Correction... he has signed :)