1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers so far

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Agent Bruce., Jul 22, 2017.

1. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

I know mate, can only assume he accidentally rang a football agent when he was meant to ring a travel agent
    "French Riviera? Yeh I can sort that for you Graham"
    2 weeks later and Mrs Carr's wondering why the plane tickets haven't arrived

2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Worst thing is - We could see he would be ****. His record at Monaco was piss poor which is why I worry about us being linked with that lad from Bordeaux.

3. RobEllious

I'm one of those up for Rolan but totally get your point, it's a hit and miss with 80% chance miss. Just not sure what the **** else is out there, anyone with prem experience is going for stupid money.
    I'd like to think the difference is Benitez seems big on the mentality of his signings, whereas Carr only seemed to care that they were French

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

If they were willing to say oo la la then Carr was hard for them.

RobEllious likes this.
  5. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

One player we won't be signing is defender Jairo Riedewald from Ajax. We were supposedly interested but he's just signeed for Palace.

6. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

£16m for Chicarito and a reported £140k a week...he's 29 now but still got a few good years left in him I reckon. Transfer fee seems about right but £140k a week.....**** me. I can't see us ever competing with those kind of wages as long as Ashley is in charge. Maybe it's player salaries that are restricting our transfer business and not the actual transfer fees themselves, although some of them are obscene. £45m for Gifi, another crazy one. Maybe Barkley will be surplus to requirements if they get him and we can snap him up for £15m-£20m...although I'm sure he'll be wanting at least £80k a week.

RobEllious likes this.
  7. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

And the rest.

Sammy's Silky Skills likes this.
  8. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I would have thought that Siggurdsson has been bought to cover the issue that Barkley may be going out to somewhere like Tottenham. I really cannot see him taking a step down at this stage - the top clubs needs homegrown players who aren't terrible and are willing to pay a premium. If he's not at Everton by September 1st he will be at a club who finished above them last year.

9. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

2 x Strikers is a must if Mitro leaves and with Gayles injury record. Perez doesn't cut it in the Premier League.
    Which two would you like to see signed, realistically ?

10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't see the point in getting rid of Mitrovic. He can't be at his most valuable now - might as well give him a season to see if he comes good/can add to his value. Wonder if its worth a cheeky late bid for Wifried Bony. He would need to come down off his present salary (130k/week) though, which is apparently sticking point with Swansea

The Little General likes this.

11. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Would be a cracking loan up top with Mitro, Mid-Table finish at least. City will compensate his wages, Stoke won't have paid £130 K.

12. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Meh let them have him, clearly Frank De Boar's influence they've got him, and I don't care; Dutch league is hardly a hotbed of talent these days, if Luuk De Jong can tear the league up, then it's clearly not the best. Defence is surely not the priority, and some 20 year old from a **** league isn't gonna be our star signing.

Strikers please, and of the variety that get goals - Gayle's gonna be crocked most of the season, Mitro will likely be sold and even if he isn't he won't get to double figures, Perez is decent but more of a support striker than an out and out goal getter, Murphy's gone now, and Siem De Jong is a paraplegic leper with arthritis who leg is clearly going to fall off the first time he tries to kick a ball this season......WE NEED STRIKERS!!!

13. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Few people linking us with Big Andy Carroll now Chicarito's move to West Ham has gone through.

Any one fancy that deal? Personally I'd be on the fence, local lad (yay) vs injury record (nay).

14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Too inconsistent. Hasn't had an injury-free season since Liverpool days and averages only 20 games a season. With a record of less than a goal every 3 games you would be looking at him contributing only 6-7 goals.
    Both Perez and Mitrovic got us that when we were in the PL last time - save our money for someone better. Rafa isnt going to play two up front and he is not keen on a target man.

15. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I'd probably look elsewhere. He get some goals but not necessarily enough due to being the type of striker he is and being injury prone. You could forget paying £20m+ though. Half that then maybe. I think Rafa would be looking at a more mobile forward anyway - Bony, Sturridge type.

16. RobEllious

Genuinely think we can't flog Mitrovic, as hard as we try, so It'll be the one striker. To he honest if we're worried at our strike force already, Bony won't help that. Don't rate him at all, looked good at Swansea due to the creativity around him but he lacks pace in my mind and has looked lethargic on some of the occasions I've seen him.

17. MAGnificent Rick

MAGnificent Rick New Member

If Mitro is sold I'd like to see 2 strikers bought in and another central midfielder and perhaps another wide player too and a left back too because no respectable coach would be happy to choose from Paul Dummett, Saido Haidara and Lazaar as one is about average and the other 2 are less than that.

Goalkeepers aren't great but we're stocked, Woodman is coming along, Darlow is a good shot stopper and Rob Elliot is a decent keeper and Tim Krul ofcourse needs to find a new club.

Personally I'm not big on the 'traditional #10 in the hole' role as I've always had a soft spot for the 442 but Rafa does like to utilise them and we only have a Dutch #10 who is made of glass and Mo Diame who is decent but no hellraiser by any stretch and there's Ayoze Perez so I'd like to see another brought in.

magpie290761 likes this.
  18. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

At LB there's also Clark, Gamez and supposedly Manquillo who can all play there. Not saying we couldn't improve on that, but there are other options available. If there's someone we can get and they are as good at defending as Dummett and better going forward then let's get them in but I still think there are bigger priorities to address first and it's hard to know how much money we have left and how far it will stretch.

magpie290761 likes this.
  19. MAGnificent Rick

MAGnificent Rick New Member

I'd still want one of Joe Bryan or Charlie Taylor.

20. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Would rather we threw some of the young ones to the fire. With our budget we won't be buying anyone worth buying at forward.