1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Tuesday 25th. April 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 24, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Meetings

Punchestown Festival

N/H 7 Races 3:40-7:15p.m.
    Yarmouth
    Flat 7 Races 1:40-5:00p.m.
    Hexham
    N/H 7 Races 1:50-5:05p.m.
    Ludlow
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:10p.m.
    Brighton(E)
    Flat 7 Races 4:50-7:55p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 7 Races 6:00-9:10p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post Bloodstock
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. stick

stick Bumper King

Cannot believe this thread isnt buzzing for Punchestown tomorrow!

I fancy FOX NORTON to lower Un De Sceaux's colours.

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to be up the Wednesday but once again looking likely to be caught with work. Same ****e every major festival the past few years and I'll be as quite as a mouse when Chester and Listowel are on <laugh>

I'm gonna have a trawl of the cards see if anything stands out. Surely I'll find one or two through the week and hopefully post a winner.

Get stuck into that bumper Wednesday sir stick of wherever you are from.

gazboy and stick like this.
  4. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Fox Norton and Western Boy at Punchy for me tomorrow. The former should have a right good scrap with UDS and others and the latter was running a big race in the same race last year before clipping heels and coming down after the second last. Money for it too 16s into 12s.

gazboy, smokethedeadbadger and Ron like this.
  5. SaveTheHumans

Some nice races there at first glance. I was excited by Early Doors when he won his bumper here earlier this year but that form has been let down. Nonetheless, he was visually good and I will be watching how he fares. Definitely worth a shot taking on UDS stick. Got to go close and I'd be with you if I had to lay down some dosh.

I think Punchestown would be great if they reduced it a day or so. Running into the Saturday every year seems a tad much to me. Good for certain industries and the economy though I guess.

Ste D likes this.
  6. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Melon, fox norton and disko - fairly boring I'm afraid

7. SaveTheHumans

Thursday will see Great Field take his chance in the novice chase. I currently am most looking forward to that. A superstar in the making.

8. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Cannot see any reason why Melon reverses the form with Labaik (i suppose if he doesn't jump off he will <laugh>) his inexperience is the biggest load of bull 3 schooling bumpers and 2 starts on the track should have taught him a fair bit! He did and will again just bump in to a better horse!

Doalittle likes this.
  9. woolcombe-folly007

On that note I have just taken some of the 5/2 for Willie to be champion trainer! Willie has potentially at least 4 grade one winners this week, the best Gordon has is some handicappers and Labaik tomorrow of course

10. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

What price on Labaik jumping off?
    I'm cursed with the fecker so I might as well back him, if I don't he'll bolt up anyway. Think he has loads in hand on Melon and Pingshou is just a little behind him.

Hard to get away from Roconga after his comeback on the flat. Also think Light That looks a decent each way bet at 16/1

I fancy Un De Sceaux to take off in front and jump them out of it. I dont think good ground is as big a deal with him as everyone seems to think. Missing Aintree gives him a big edge over Fox Norton.

Disko
    looks to have the best piece of form over three miles behind Our Duke at Christmas.

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

Gordon has FAYONAGH....!

12. the don

Without the whip behind the horses at the start (which Connections acknowledged at the time being key) I have serious doubts Labaik will jump off......

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  13. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

He said this in his stable tour for Punchestown

He’ll run in the Grade 1 novice hurdle on the first day of the meeting. Everyone knows at this stage, if he jumps off on terms, he has a massive engine, but he has to jump off! We didn’t end up doing a whole lot different with him at Cheltenham than we will be doing at Punchestown, as Busty was down there with him and the starter didn’t really need to go near him with the long tom, he was just on a going day that day. All we can do is hope that he’s on another going day next week. He seems to be a great form and worked well on Wednesday

14. woolcombe-folly007

I am buzzing about this week! However completely disagree UDS will not be beaten tomorrow! The 2 times he has encountered good ground over this trip he was beaten twice in to second by Sprinter Sacre which is no mean feat as we all know beating the likes of this years champion chase Special Tiara who beat Fox Norton- ok he was mighty impressive at aintree but it was over a longer trip and you could argue based on this seasons form and his perforomance he was doing his best work at the end and is even being talked about a king geore horse,that The 2 1/2 mile trip is his optimum trip and which Joe tizzard has even said something along those lines!

Can't be having anyone else KING UDS to bolt up and put the doubters in their place!

beeforsalmon and Doalittle like this.
  15. woolcombe-folly007

If you look at Cheltenham the whip didn't even get close to him

16. the don

I think it's more than the horses see it's there and it's cracked to make the noise that sets them off - it's never physically that close to them

17. woolcombe-folly007

Ok I did forget about him at the time of running but Gordon's apart from him who else has he got that will win him some substantial prize money

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  18. woolcombe-folly007

Willie has NC, arctic fire, penhill and UDS and if she runs Annie Power they are all the big money races with £100k + prize money and more worringly heard a stat since 2010 Gordon Elliot has only had 9 winners at this meeting compared to Mullins 81 winners!

19. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Love the Punchestown Fez as it gives us a chance to see loads of the Cheltenham winners try to back up there March wins against slightly different opposition, on a different track and provide another test for them. Can be sure to be a shock of two along the way but one I don't think will be shocked is the magnificent beast UN DE SCEAUX, and I see the doubters are out again, as per the norm! This is a costly horse to oppose and need we remind anyone it takes SPRINTER SACRE to beat this lad and he ain't facing that class tomorrow, odds against looks pretty big when you consider his win record! Think LABAIK beats Melon, looks a straight match. 5/2 is pretty fair. The Land Rover bumper usually fires up a decent sort and the big money horse, 240,000 of the Queens finest sterling was stumped up for him, I fully expect RAPID ESCAPE to start on his path to fulfilling that big price tag tomorrow. Banker of the day and backed earlier at 15/8.

20. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

And she's not even his best in it...

As We Know likes this.