1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Turkey vs Russia

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Jimbo ranger, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're not as confused as you suggest, Nines. This bloke happened to be a Tory, but, as you say, there are many Labour MPs who are ready to defy their leader and vote for more bombing. My point is that to suggest that bombing Daesh in Syria will make our streets safer is bollocks - it will make us more likely to be attacked. That's not to say that we shouldn't take part in action against Daesh - we should, but it should be as part of a UN ground force. Defeating Daesh in Iraq/Syria will not be an end though, sadly. You can't negotiate with mad religious ****ers.

QPR999 likes this.
  2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Well that's delightfully well put and very frank mate. I personally don't think it matters if we get involved or not. The enemy is already at the gate or indeed within it, and they will try to do what ever they can to harm us regardless of our involvement. I personally believe that we're the jewel in the crown and any strike here will be a feather in their cap to put it mildly. Their minds were made up years ago regardless of who were in power. They want to hit us and hit us hard and indiscriminatingly, they don't give a flying **** of what what party or religion you follow. As far as they're concerned they think we're all fair game. Regardless of age gender or religion. More Muslims were killed in Paris by the terrorists than the terrorists themselves. They really don't give a ****.

I have no idea of how this is to be resolved.

I might have to move to an Island in the middle of nowhere to escape this complete and absolute ****. A roof over your head, fresh produce, flip flops and shorts and a warm climate with a bar nearby with wi-fi and sky sports... what's not to like?

bobmid, Hoop-Leif and rangercol like this.
  3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

When the mad mullahs take over the world there will be no
    Beer
    Sky sports
    Wi fi
    Or flip flops

Definitely no flip flops

Sooperhoop likes this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Spot on, there is no negotiating with Daesh, as when the Archbishop of Canterbury offered to talk to them, they said they'd talk to him and then cut off his head, very constructive.

Your island sounds like Utopia, maybe TF could find one for all QPR fans as a payback for f*cking our club up...:grin:

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Well put.

Thing is.........we're already on an island!!!! Problem is, we've built a nice convenient tunnel for would-be enemies to travel in on!

It's time to bring up the drawbridge at Calais and face up to the fact that our enemies are already among us. Yet another poll shows an alarming number of Muslims at least have sympathy with the Paris terrorists.
    There was an audience member on QT last night who was complaining that people are exaggerating the threat and scaremongering. FFS!! What will it take for people to get their heads out of the sand and realise that we face a very clear and present danger, right here, right now?

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

...so they're not all bad then

Sooperhoop likes this.
  7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you, Col, and Nines. When we speak of bombing, we're talking precision bombing NOT carpet bombing from 30,000 feet. The Brits are getting increasingly accurate at this.

The fact is, there's **** coming if we participate in the campaign in Syria, and there's **** coming if we don't. Daesh has to be taken down, it will take time and as many nations as possible should be involved particularly those in the Middle East.

I'm afraid life as we know it re - increased security, will change. This is something we all have to accept because of global population movement. Leaving the EU with its porous borders and unqualified freedom of movement will help. I've been critical of Cameron on being weak in the current pre-referendum negotiations, but he got it right when he decided to take genuine Syrian refugees from the camps, rather than the passengers of the criminal boat gangs. God knows how many Daesh members Germany has taken in with the huge number of genuine migrants. And once these terrorists get a German passport, they have an unconditional right to come into the UK... Big concern.

In addition, bolstering our own borders, increasing the number of armed police and biometric national identity cards will help prepare us for the new world imo.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    rangercol and Jimbo ranger like this.