1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Crewe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 10, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes we do seem to be able to pull it back. Yes we do seem able to cope with injuries and probably suspensions when they come. Yes there does seem to be a bit of confidence about the team. Yes the results have been way better than any of us probably expected. Yes everything in the camp seems rosy. It's impossible to say anything else really isn't it. Having said all that though I still think it's far too early to start expecting things from the season. I'm still in hope mode and I can't bring myself to go into any other mode just yet. If we are still up there at the end of January then I might start to really believe. I've been sold too many dummies by Argyle in the past to allow myself to get carried away despite it being tempting.

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Time to winterize the Cabin we have snow now and it's getting colder.
    Still nice to have the log fire going though and look forward to Xmas up here.
    When it gets to Sub Zero then it's time to shut off the water supply and put in the storm windows.
    Plus make it Bear proof.
    Now back to City Life with the noise and the rain.
    Getting used to Starbucks again and lots of crowds..
    Oh and the dreaded Xmas shopping.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Listen Santa just get on with the toy making and get out and feed the reindeer..........

It's a bit difficult to imagine having all of that BC. We have snow in Plymouth about once every 10 years and 6 flakes is enough to stop the traffic.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Starbucks is a dirty word over here BC.....tax evasion has hit their UK profits since it was revealed that they don't pay UK taxes....the Starbucks around here (NW Kent) suffered badly after the facts where revealed.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting Cup results last night.....very average Cheltenham went to Crewe last night and thrashed them 4-1 (we only did 2-1 on Saturday). Also Newport came through to be our next Cup opponent in Round Two.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We must be rubbish then plym<doh>

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

You mean they paid the tax they were obliged to do under UK tax legislation? I don't recall any prosecution.