1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Grimsby

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, May 2, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Slew and Miller I can live with but why pick Songo'o in preference to Sokolik?

Still, we're up and Adams is the reason for it.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Jervis was injured and Threlkeld not a 100% fit....unfortunate....but that's how the cookie crumbles.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Evening all. Well what can you say about that. At the start we were top then soon we were third and in the end we were second. No grumbles from me as I have said all along that promotion was the goal and we had already done that. As for the game I though we dominated that for 89 minutes. Seriously I really do think that. We cocked it up in the first minute with a typical Argyle feck up defending a corner. It was like we were just getting started and it was too late. After that the lads really looked like they wanted it. It would have been easy for them to have just sat back and not put in a shift but they didn't. If there was to be a winner of the game after it was 1 - 1 then it was only ever going to be us. Not to be but I still don't think the season has ended on a sour note. Well done Pompey. Somebody had to win it on the last day and what a day to hit the top for the first time this season. It was just written that way I guess.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  4. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

A slightly disappointing end to the season for Argyle. It would have been the icing on the cake to have won the title, but you still have the cake! Congratulations and good luck in League 1.