1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 22, 2024.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And so the fixture list rolls on unrelenting. Another massive journey for everyone. This is one where it really is realistic to think that an ex player might come back to bite us. Ole Finn is currently in fine form and is no doubt going to be in their starting eleven. But, they beat Leicester away in their last match so there is every chance the way this league goes that we will turn them over and do the same to them. I still think we are capable despite the abysmal showing against the Midlanders on Tuesday. So everyone think positive and will it to happen on Saturday. We can do this................can't we.

COYG

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Finn Azaz scored last game...lets hope he doesn't tomorrow..

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bali Mumba is only the shadow of the man we paid £1million for....at Div One last season he played well.....this season he hasn't adjusted to the Championship.....it is time that he started paying Argyle back for the faith that they have shown in him.

5. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

11 shots so far and 6 on target. What's going on here....... Two up.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Eleven? that was two minutes ago. It's now 15.

What the hell has he been feeding them?

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's relief they didn't die in the bomb incident.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Get in .never in doubt................(Phaaaarrrrppppp!)

10. notDistantGreen

Astonishing. Eleven shots on target to their..... none.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Middlesboro...0-2...Argyle...F/T

Sorinola...7mins..........Hardie...31mins.

WOW...what happened there...Middlesboro...11 shots... NO shots on target.....Argyle 22 shots...11 on target.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

STOKE IN BOTTOM THREE ?

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

should been 4 nil at least half time their keeper made some good stops . .we deserved this thoroughly. much better than tuesday

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video.....good stuff.

15. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Did any of you ungrateful ****s use my link?

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

NO. I did click on it but gave up when the list of what to do to log in came up, After that being a real technophobe I gave up and went back to my computer screen and the several minute delay. The only one on here who is a professor of modern is notdistant which you can tell by the standard of posts. The rest of us are looking forward to our 100th birthday party. Now, have I had my tea yet?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

So, where did this Argyle come from? It was always there but has been saadly lacking for a number of games now. Like I said in the opening post, this is a funny old league and with Middlesbrough having turned Leicester over at theirs in the dlast game it was in the stars we would do them at theirs. The stats building as they did were astonishing to say the least. It was the confidence boost that the team needed and this must surely show them what they can do with a bit of get up and go. Keep it up lads and Home Park will be buzzing again sooner rather than later.

18. notDistantGreen

I am the IT Manager in this house and having laid down the law forbidding the two young ones not to use my IP address to watch bootleg movies and football, I can hardly be watching the stuff myself!

19. notDistantGreen

Player ratings are something and nothing but it's worth looking at these to cheer ourselves up.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-player-ratings-middlesbrough-9121952

I'll pick out three.

Brendan Galloway 8 - Another top class defensive showing from Galloway, who whenever Middlesbrough threatened to make a break down Argyle's left he was there to make a covering tackle, or get to the ball first to put it safely out of play. It reminded you of why he played for Everton in the Premier League at a young age.

He has been utterly magnificent since coming back into the team.

Morgan Whittaker 7 - After a couple of quiet games this was much more like the Whittaker seen this season. For example, he came up with an excellent first-time pass which set Darko Gyabi on the attack and led to Argyle's opening goal. Linked up well on the right with Matty Sorinola, particularly in the first half when a lot of the visitors' remarkable 17 goal attempts came from that side.

He has had a quiet spell. He was hardly involved at all against West Brom. Hopefully, this is a corner turned and back to his considerable best.

Darko Gyabi 9 STAR MAN - The loan signing from Leeds United was a revelation in his new 'number 10' role playing alongside Morgan Whittaker and behind Ryan Hardie after his previous games for Argyle had been in a deeper central midfield role. Gyabi had the freedom against Middlesbrough to show his running power, technical ability on the ball and got into some good scoring positions too. He had the assist for the Pilgrims' second goal after a fine pass to Hardie, who went on to finish off the attack.

Who knew he could play in that position? Certainly a bundle of energy and some good touches even in that defensive role.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just been watching...Match Day Moments...an excellent watch.

It was noticeable how the green army was squeezed into one corner....25,578 attendance....in a ground that can take over 34,000.....it looked half empty in places.

A ridiculous yellow card for Mickel Miller....catching the ball as it flew over his head into touch....surely a free kick for handball was sufficient ....what was to be gained by booking him.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024