1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 8, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even Plym has predicted a load of positive results in the Argyle cause for tomorrow so what could possibly go wrong. It's a bit of a waste of time saying that this is an important match at this stage of the season because they all are from here in.

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just been onto the beeb football site and see we have signed Matt till the end of the season now. That's a positive, I've been quite impressed with him and he knows where the net is.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good news that we have a "Matt finish" until the end of the season.....hope he puts a gloss on the result tomorrow.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You need to brush up on your jokes there Plym<doh>

You've got me doing it now.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Boom Boom.... as Basil would say......:rolleyes:.....just need a joke about...(paint) strippers .

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Welcome Matt etc.

Have my tickets for this one. Sunny at present but pavements still wet from recent shower.

Interesting situation: if Northampton win, they are guaranteed promotion. That's one less spot available to us but we have no real-world chance of catching them now anyway. Therefore, I'm hoping they do indeed have a promotion party and thump Bristol Rovers by several, giving us a chance to overhaul Rovers in goal difference as well as points total.

When was it ever that simple...

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Oh well that is another 3 points gone.No Match report tonight- despite leaving London at 9 a.m in order to get home in time for the match, didn't get back until 4.15. 2.5 hour delay on M4 and then a scenic drive over the moors to avoid the closed A38. Not in a good mood. Off to Pompey on Saturday for what is a really massive game now!

8. notDistantGreen

You didn't miss anything Lyndhurst. Should have gone in 2-0 up at half time but 0-1 down instead. Could have won it in the second half but got bullied into conceding another instead.

One wonder save from McCormick: still not quite sure it could really have happened.

Womble's first goal was voted offside which should have been decisive as the lino was consistently 15 yards behind play. But just not good enough from PAFC.

9. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Effing bollox, Effing bollox we have no hopes in playoffs if make it! In total disgust :emoticon-0127-lipss

10. notDistantGreen

I agree, we've lost to the extent I can't see any way we'd battle through the play offs

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bad day all round for me and Mrs Plym.......wet,windy and damn cold down Broadstairs....decided to come home early.....got on the 5pm train....at the same time Joe text me the result (thanks Joe)......final kick in the teeth.....seems as if they had a drier sunnier day in NW Kent than we did down the coast....thawing out now with the heating blasting out... plus a mug of tea.

I honestly couldn't see us beating Wimbledon today....not three times on the trot.....other teams scoring plenty of goals......have I mentioned before that goals win games and cover up a multitude of failings......we have no chance if we cannot score more than one goal per match........our poor scoring has put pressure on our defence......who are now leaking goals.....two goals last week and one this week in the dying few minutes have cost us 4pts.....luckily there is still a reasonable gap before we fall out of the play-offs.......but we stand NO chance in the play-offs ......we have become bottlers unfortunately....Adams seems to be unable to stop the rot.

What kept Reid out of the team today ?....is it serious.....maybe it doesn't matter he isn't really scoring goals at present......one penalty in.... what half a season....things are dire at present.....personally the seasons over.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Reid picked up a thigh injury in training? so i believe .. We still have a chance to go up via the autos.. its only a 3 point gap to third.. Just hope pompey and wombles dont win their game in hand.. as that is they play each other so a draw in that one.. We need to go all out at pompey and get a win.. not a draw it aint enough

13. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I thought it was the Bears growling....no it must be Sensible looking forward to his comments.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He may well be Growling as i think a lot of people in the city will be.. We were in such a good position at Xmas

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'll just get the normal out of the way first......bollox bollox bollox bollox. Right that's enough bollox for this week.

We could have and should have (stop me if you've heard that before many times) have been one up inside 2 minutes. McHugh missed a sitter of an almost open goal. Hit the bar, it rebounded down and was uncermonially belted clear. You just knew it was going to be one of those days. After that we had a fair amount of the play without troubling their keeper much at all. They had a share but didn't trouble our keeper much either. The Referee was having a bit of a strange day. He didn't blow once for pushing anyone pretty much, and there were a fair few of them, but he was the same for both sides. So, as he let the shoving go the players just shoved even more. The lino on the Lyndhurst side was as good as usual. Their goal was at least 3 yards off side. I say 3 to be kind as it was probably more than that and I sit in line with it. He got a load of abuse but it was all for nothing as it was 1 - 0 to them and not a blind thing we could do about it. He missed another one a few minutes later as well but they didn't score from it. Hartley wasn't happy with him and he got spoken to by the Ref for telling said lino what he thought of him. We went in one down when we could have gone in two up.

I think Adams might have had a word at half time because Argyle came out with a lot of intent in the seond half. Guess what though. Yep, the lino who saw nothing because he was way behind play in the first managed to cunjour up 2 offsides against Argyle which weren't. My theory is he was getting his own back on the crowd for the abuse in the first half. It looked that way anyway. The game was taken to Wimbledon and eventually Carey got on the end of a move and belted a great goal in. I commented at that time that I now thought the momentum was all with Argyle and we could go on and win. We battered and they did the breakaways. Strangely Wimbledon made a cuple of subs which lead to Akinfenwa coming on. I actually thought the Wimbledon Manager took off his two strikers who were giving Argyle a lot of problems. His third sub was in place of his third best player so I thought we would crack them. I was forgetting that the Ref allowed loads of pushing and shoving and that Akinfenwa is built for it. Somehow he pushed and shoved his way into possession of the ball and headed it ever so slowly goalwards. Luke was way off his line and it looped over his head and gently settled in the net. As notdistant has said he did pull off one save he had no right to save so guess it evened out for him.

Season over for me now and we have blow it. Never mind poor officials over the weeks, we have blown it all by ourselves. There are so many games we should have won and yet have lost. Today was yet another of them. They should all be ashamed of themselves and Adams should include himself in that as well. Gutted for yet another season and even more so when you think where we were.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He's a bit late....hope he hasn't upset the local constabulary and been thrown in the cooler overnight......that's what being a green supporter can do to you at times.....:rolleyes:.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

sensible just beat me to the post by seconds.....must be out on bail.

18. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys for all your comments..

19. notDistantGreen

The absence of Reid was a big blow today. I really think he'd have got one in a first half we dominated territorially.

Adams started the team today I'd have sent out last week at Exeter. I don't understand that selection at home against Wimbledon. In the end he brought on Wylde to good effect. I'm surprised he wasn't more aggressive from the start.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think Adams has gone all defensive with his selections because he doesn't have any more bottle than his players. From Hero to zero with a lot of eople now and people saying they think they were hasty previously and he isn't as good as they first thought. Have to say I'm one of them now.