1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Washington needs to go out on loan

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

that's the only way in which his confidence will return. Also it may stop Jfh and co pretending he's a worthy back up striker and go off and sign someone before 31st.

2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Way too early to lose confidence just yet.

3. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Cannot send him out on loan until we get two better strikers.

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Apart from having only one other senior striker in the squad this is a fabulous idea.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  5. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Washington is worth keeping,thus preventing us getting in a proper striker? It worries me that people think polter will score more than 10 goals.

6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think you're right. After we've signed Balotelli, Bendtner and Crouch, we won't need him.

7. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Don't believe it is Washington in our squad, that is preventing us signing another striker. Its finding the right player on a limited budget.

And anyway Washington is a completely different type of striker to Poulter, and is useful to have a nimble fast striker as an alternative to Poulter. And ideally another striker (or should I say crucially).

8. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

No, it was the £3m we seem to have wasted on him leaving the coffers bare that is stopping us signing a decent striker!

9. Bwood_Ranger

What would £3m get us now? Dwight Gayle's left bollock? Washington really isn't that bad. It's a classic case of people demanding instant success or just throw it away.

10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

A loan deal for Charlie Austin who's left bollock is better than both Washington and Polter.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Great. And then at the end of the season he's gone, we almost certainly are in this division still, Washington has had no chance to get some form and we've thrown £3m away. Not to mention that Austin probably wouldn't want to drop a division, there would be bigger clubs in for him even if he was available on loan and his wages.

I'd be all for taking a punt on a player but even at £3m it would have to be a punt. All the whining for proven strikers is pointless as they cost crazy money

KooPeeArr likes this.
  12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

We have more chance of getting out of this division with Austin in the side than we do Washington and Polter. Watford even you must be able to see that they are not good enough. With Austin and maybe 2 astute signings we have as good as a chance as others for promotion?

13. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

When did he become fast and nimble? I haven't noticed either of those qualities so far.

14. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

He was signed purely on the form he was on at the time so was only likely going to be a success if he kept that form up, prior to the run he was on when we signed him his goalscoring record was pretty poor to say the least and that seems to be the Washington we have! At the moment that £3m is a complete waste of money and I'm sure there's some half decent striker in Europe we could have snapped up for that money

15. Bwood_Ranger

Two astute signings would cost a fair bit presumably. Where's the sense in paying a significant loan fee for a player who has recently been sold for £4m? Is promotion so essential straight away we should gamble on an unlikely occurrence after every mistake the club has made in the last five years?

I actually think Polter is good enough.

16. Bwood_Ranger

There's a lot of **** in Europe we could have snapped up too.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

i am talking about loans. As for promotion, it should be everyone's aim (club/players/supporters). You don't go into a season thinking you should not want promotion. Sorry, i don't understand your thinking here. Football is about winning. Don't give me some old crap that it isn't. You keep sticking up for Polter when everyone else can see he is not good enough to be a main striker. Like with Mackie you were wrong and it will be the same with Polter.
    Sometimes Watford you need to agree with others.:emoticon-0148-yes:

18. Hertfordshire Qpr

Hertfordshire Qpr Active Member

We need two new strikers in asap, but getting rid of Washington and leaving us with Polter by himself seem a daft idea.

19. Bwood_Ranger

I don't need to agree with anyone. Yes promotion would be great but I'm realistic enough to see there are far stronger squads with far larger budgets in this league and that throwing money at it that we don't have is a risk.

If in some hypothetical situation we could acquire Austin on loan, it would cost a loan fee on top of paying his wages. Essentially we'd be paying back what we got for him to have him back for less than a season. People made their minds up about Polter after five minutes of him playing in new league/team/country because QPR fans are impatient nowadays. If you watch what he does during a game, he's an asset to the side and it would take crazy money to replace him or better him. Derby turned down £6m for Chris Martin. That's the market.

20. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Polter is good enough but we need back up/ competiton for him to keep us in this League, let alone promotion. Washington has never looked a striker to play alone up front to me, and as he doesn't seem to have the ability to get past an opponent I doubt he's the future for us. If we could get our money back for him, now an International player, we should take it.