1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We can't complain so far.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Polite Newcastle, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polite Newcastle

If my maths is correct, that's about £35 million spent already, and I believe Thauvin? is on the radar, too. I reckon he's been given £50 million to spend. He's gone for a defender, midfielder and striker and all seem pretty good and young.

I'm in agreement that it's performances not results pre-season but then again, I haven't been to any games so I'm not sure what's been served up.

Anyway, I was just checking this site still existed and as the title says, we can't really complain, about not spending any money, so far......

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Would rather us forget Thauvin and buy either another CB or and good LB!

Obi Wan likes this.
  3. Polite Newcastle

Yeah, agreed, it looks like Colocini is going to go, and despite his passion, loyalty and enthusiasm, I don't rate S Taylor.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Wait until Rolo sees the thread then you'll find out why we should be complaining.

<laugh>

Not that I agree with him though..

:bandit:

5. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Nah, Roly hasn't been complaining has he.

I don't believe you.
    Prove It ?

As an aside, we should all be grateful that we've managed to retain Iron Mike, the backbone of our Home Grown Brigade.<ok>

6. MF SHAK

MF SHAK Well-Known Member

Ive no problem with the quality of the signings, i think they are/seem excellent tbh. We are still light in areas though and still have a lot do to make up for the last few years.

7. Polite Newcastle

Without a doubt, another 3 or 4 players needed but I'm not convinced that will happen.

Since Ashley's TV interview there does seem to be a new optimism about the place, I even got an email today telling me about Mbemba's signing, that must mean everything has changed for the better. (And, yes, my tongue is firmly in my cheek).

MF SHAK and Ellis Short Is like this.
  8. MF SHAK

MF SHAK Well-Known Member

Im very happy with mcclaren. I agree things are looking up in general, communication has been a lot better as you say, signings great. Im even happy with just rebuilding slowly as long as we keep taking, or trying to take, the right steps. Still quite worried its all going to go tits up and we sell cisse/sissoko or even colo etc with no backup though.

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  9. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Tongue in cheek or not, there has been a change of sorts whether the Doom-Mongers like it or not.

There is a long way to go, but as the saying goes 'Rome Wasn't Built In A Day'.
    Foundations need to be put in place and that is happening, maybe not at the speed some people would like, but its is happening nonetheless.
    Since the end of last season, changes have been made for the better.

Carver, Stone and now Woodman gone - full clear out of the previous Coaching staff.
    New Management, Coaching and Fitness Team brought in.
    To date - Three New Players brought in for circa £35m. All internationals of a good standard and solid first team players.
    I'd argue that they're better additions than what other teams have made.
    The better players are still here unless I've missed something.

The likes of Armstrong and Woodman going out on Loan - like other clubs do with youngsters of potential.
    Ideally, we'd be able to get rid of some of the deadwood, but, like every other club in the land, that doesn't just happen overnight, it takes time.
    Some will go one way or another, maybe on loan, but they'll go.

The respect that McClaren has in Europe as a Coach shouldn't be understated, and I'm not sure we would be buying the class of players we are, but for him.
    Personally, I think. we will be bringing other players in, partly because of undertakings that have been given to the players already signed.
    Add in things like better communication and it is getting better.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, better than being a pessimist all the ****ing time.

10. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

That's all well and good, but what am I supposed to complain about now then?
    There's no fun any more!

Salomon #9 and Ellis Short Is like this.

11. Heed

Heed well known cheat

We can always find something to complain about?
    Just wait till the end of August when we're bottom of the league or when Iron Mike is forced out by the ungrateful infidels that support this club.

Do you realise that previous post is one of the longest I've written without being glib about the subject, and lying. Or was I?
    Very Worrying...

12. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I am abstaining from this one.

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Better than expected but we are still short defender wise. I can deal with striker situ if Austin doesn't arrive. If we are playing mbemba left back then we need a centre back urgently. If we are playing him centre back then we need a left back. In an ideal world we get both. We do need to start offloading too.

15. Lord Jonjomort

Through gritted teeth, I will remind the poster that Dummett has the No 3 shirt.

16. Lord Jonjomort

Avoiding the OP's question, I notice Moses Odubajo is potentially heading for Hull - however, his contract has a clause that allows any other club to match the offer. He's a talented, fast right winger and would be a fantastic addition in my book. Clearly doesn't mind moving North, right age for Mike, I think the club would be daft not to offer peanuts for this guy, especially as we are struggling so badly on the right side.

17. NUFCBRONX

NUFCBRONX Active Member

We seem - and I stress seem - to be going in the right direction, but more is needed to be done. Especially after the utterly woefull ****e served up last season under Carver.

But there's still a lot of time left till the end of the transfer window and I'll save any post mortem until then. In other words if this is it, there will be justifiable grounds for complaint.

Pulp likes this.
  18. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

plenty to complain about...not just the magnificent glory of the carver months...but the total utter ****e we have been spoon fed for the last 3 plus seasons

The complete lack of class and complete disdain the organisation has shown itself to its supporters, players and staff over those years

The total incompetence of the board...i can go on

That all said... there are signs...but no more than signs ...that maybe the penny has dropped a little...

It will take more than this transfer window/ a few extra emails etc to convince me...but Iam willing to ...wait and see...

The coaches arriving (even though not one of Schtevies biggest fans pre him arriving/ he is growing on me as a person) is for me the best sign so far that the club is finally trying to do things ...right ish

So not convinced ...yet ...will know this time next year i think, but willing to wait and watch...cautiously

NUFCBRONX and MF SHAK like this.
  19. Lord Jonjomort

Thank you, that was a pleasant read!

I will add that you have not mentioned Charnley nearly enough in your malcontent.

For me, I agree - the coaches was a sign, the value of players a SLIGHT sign (still clearly one eye on re-sale value), but for me the fact Williamson and Obertan are in the starting line-up of the final friendly is enough of a warning that we've a long way to go. Both should not be here, should have been gone long ago and should have been followed by the incompetent Riviere and the inept Gouffran, with all replaced with decent youth (Aarons, Roberts) and a couple of decent McClaren types (Will Hughes). We've followed too much of the same pattern of "purple" players, but I accept there's still a month to go.

MF SHAK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.