1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We pay 35k a week for jimmy and ipswich pay 10k, i'd rather him stay

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cairney-For-England, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Cairney-For-England

We are going to be paying £35,000 a week for Jimmy Bullard to play for Ipswich

Ipswich are going to be paying £10,000 a week,

I'd rather he stays with us.......What do you lot think ?

2. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think he's the worst signing in our history, you could set fire to £5million and play your grandad in midfield and still get better value for money.

3. James

James New Member

4. ToxicPond

ToxicPond Member

I agree. It seems ridiculous that we pay £35k a week for him to play for one of our rivals. We may as well continue paying the lot and use him ourselves. This deal is not done yet anyway and could well still fall through, But we should definitely keep him until the end of the season at least unless someone comes in with a much better offer.

5. prideofyorkshire

Completely agree with you. I'd rather we were paying the extra 10k and he was on our bench, or even better we played him every week. Too good a player not to play so if the Ipswich loan is a done deal i really hope he finds his form and plays well for them and hopefully he'll come back better for it.

6. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

+1!

7. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

To me it seems that we want rid of him whatever the cost. He must be that much of bad egg that they are prepared to pay 35k a week just for him not to be here!

I've got a few theories on this so I'll share them with you. Now we all know about the Womens Institute incident last season, well I did a gig with my band and one of the party guests was none other than Nick Barmby. Nick was quite a fan and came out to speak to us at the end (also took it as a photo opportunity). Being a City fan I was obviously quite keen to have a chat with him. I asked how the new gaffer was settling in, how the players were finding him, how he was getting on coaching the lads and how he thought we'd do this season. The conversation went something like this...
    NB: Yeh we like him, he'll do well for us, just need to get shot of the bad eggs!
    Me: Bad eggs?? (obviously fishing for some dirt)
    NB: Well who do you think?
    Me: It wouldnt happen to be Mr Bullard would it?

He then went off on a rant basically called JB all the ****s under the sun and that he cant ****in stand him.

Nowthen, Nick Barmby is a City legend and also now coaching the side so as a player who do you side with? NB or the "outcast"? I dont know if any of you noticed but at half time of the Barnsley game JB and KZ (outcasts united!) warmed up on their own away from the others, including NB. Zayatte was gone 2 days later and now theres talk of Bullard on his way.

Coincidence??

8. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

It gets me that so many fans think Bullard is going to be our saviour, the guy is a waste of space, not exactly one for the future at the age of 32 either is he?

9. prideofyorkshire

I love Barmby, but surely he's gonna be a bit biased, i mean we all know those two can't stand each other right?

10. prideofyorkshire

I don't think he's gonna or ever was gonna be our saviour, but i do rate him as a player. I think half the problem was that last season when we heading down all the pressure was on JB to perform, it seemed like people thought he could be our 'saviour' and then when he missed that penner in the sunderland game people turned against him. I think there was so much focus on Jimmy towards the end of last season that people were forgetting the other ten men. I'd be sad to see him go, but if it's the best option for the team then i understand that, but this ipswich deal seems pointless to me.

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Still it's not worth giving Ipswich him... why not make him train on his own or something, or ban him from training unless his attitude changes. It's just **** that we're about to give a league rival arguably the best player in the league for peanuts. If he hits form, he could fire them to playoffs single handedly. And how good would it be to get shot of him if he helped Ipswich beat us to 6th place, and we finished 7th. For 10k a week it's not worth it, a prem club would definitely pick him up for just 10k a week. In fact, releasing this to the media could be calling the prem clubs to 'come and get him'.

But if he's going to a championship rival, minimum I'd settled for is 20k at very minimum and we should fight for 25k. If he's on form he's easily worth it...

12. ollieovcity

ollieovcity Member

If the HDM article is to be believed I just hope that somewhere in the loan contract there is a line saying.....No you can't send him back when he gets injured, and you're still paying your £10K a week! until the end of the loan.

13. prideofyorkshire

I was thinking maybe pearson was hoping that if he does well at Ipswich for the rest of the season then maybe we'd get a permanent deal of the back of it, but i doubt anyone would stump up his wages (unless he was sensational at Ipswich) so can't really see that happening. In terms of the money it just doesn't seem logical to me, who in their right mind would pay 25k plus to have jimmy help another club out, attitude or no attitude, we'd be getting fleeced if that were to happen!

14. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

Thats what I'm saying. The players are more likely to side with Barmby though due to his status as legend and coach therefore "outcasting" Bullard. As was seen at half time vs Barnsley. JB and KZ were at one side of the pitch while NB took the rest the the otherside of the pitch (Simpson, Devitt and AN Other(cant remember who now))

To me it seemed like there was a clear divide and JB and KZ were on the wrong side of it. Now Kamil's gone in quite suspicious circumstances are the club also trying to get shut of Jimmy at any cost???

15. prideofyorkshire

Yeah, it's weird. I'm just annoyed about this Ipswich deal. Fair enough if we were selling him, but this just makes no sense. Do they really hate him that much? Always comes across as a nice guy in interviews!

16. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

We just need to at least send him to the prem. Giving him to another team in our league for peanuts is just shoving something up our own arse, if he's gonna go for 10k may aswell send him somewhere he can't affect us and the outcome of our season and 10k's peanuts to prem teams, I'm sure there'd be a few who'd love a luxury player like him in their squad... Birmingham for starters...

17. prideofyorkshire

Yeah, he'd definitley do a job for a team like Birmingham, who (last night aside) often seem to lack creativity. Maybe we can persuade Wolves eh,Hunt seems to be doing alright for himself there.

18. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Well the Belaid deal is now official, so I guess that is Jimmy gone!

19. pitt_machine

pitt_machine Member

If blackpool sell Charlie Adam, he could go there for them to pay 10k, thats their max wage allowance.

20. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

For 10k a week saving we could bring in two players from the premier league on loan for that wages easy enough, alongside the wages saved from Zayatte, hopefully we will see a couple of loans.

Tbh i am not sad to see him leave, what has he done in the Championship, and what did he do at the back end of last year? Nothing, so anyone who thinks he will fire us to promotion i feel is wrong as he has done nothing so far so why would he?