1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We pay 35k a week for jimmy and ipswich pay 10k, i'd rather him stay

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cairney-For-England, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ToxicPond

ToxicPond Member

According to the This is Hull web site, the Bullard deal has been confirmed!

2. matelot-tiger

matelot-tiger Active Member

Our midfield on occasion lacks creativity. With Ash not at his best and Harper (who seems to point alot) not providing much service to CF's. NB will run himself into the ground trying to create the opportunties Fryatt et All need. Bullard, although he won't play with the same desire as NB, can make the pass that will turn a game in our favour. Not sure what this Belaid fella brings to the party, but when all is said and done, having Bullard sat on the bench is better option than him playing for a team in the same division.

3. prideofyorkshire

I see your point, but then to be fair, he hasn't been given much game time, so i think we'll see a hell of a lot from him at Ipswich where i've no doubt they'll give him 90 minutes every week. Nobody will single handedly fire us to promotion, it will be a team effort as we have a decent well rounded squad now. I still don't think we'll make the playoffs though, the table's too tight. I think it is a big loss when we're still paying 35k. Jewell will be celebrating tonight!

4. speedhorn

speedhorn New Member

I agree with 1904 on this one. Makes no sense financially so the loan has to be about JBs off the field activities and maybe more to the point on the field performances this seson. The fact of the matter is that he has not delivered this season and is clearly seen as being not good enough to get in the team. People seem to judge him on the basis of a few decent perforamnces over the previous one and a half seasons. He is not our future ... so lets move on.

5. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

I think it's been a strategic decision.

Ipswich is a shop window, nothing more. They get him for 10k, and hopefully he'll make an impression there - either leading to them trying to get him on a permanent, or if he seems to be able to stay fit, get one of the old firm or prem teams to take a punt and remove his wages.

One thing was obvious. Paying £45k or £35k, Bullard was not going to be featuring in City's team much for the rest of the season. That would have more or less guaranteed us paying every last penny of his contract through to 2013, as no one would have touched him in the summer. At least this way, there is a chance he could impress and earn a move - however slim. It's noticable this deal has gone through now, inside the last five days of the transfer window, when we're certain we won't be moving him on full time.

Better to take a smaller financial hit now, than a bigger one later.

That seems to be the thinking as far as I can see.

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Paul's Duff black and amber army!

Also just thought of my argument the opposite way, he could well help Ipswich to beat teams around us and help us reach the play offs. Just as long as he isn't sensational and Ipswich finish above us, specially if they're 6th and we're 7th, I think I would start cannibalizing myself if that happened.

7. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I agree he has not really had mnuch game time, but has he done anything to prove the point that he deserve's that time? He has not had any performances that say you have to pick me. I can understand that he needs games, but i would rather give Belaid a chance in the middle or move Koren into the middle personally.

I think that alongside with the first quote saying it is going to be a team effort, however with it being a team effort is Jimmy really going to be part of the team? I think he thinks of himself and not the team, and i agree with the fact we seem to be looking towards the future rather than the past. Which to me makes sense.

8. prideofyorkshire

I would also rather see Koren in the middle, but it doesn't look like that's what Pearson is going to do either! Every week i keep hoping i'll see Koren in the middle for Harper or Ash but it never happens. And i agree with BernsteinTiger, it's more than likely that it's a shop window situation. I kind of hope he does impress at ipswich, so then we can either get a good perm deal for him, or he can come back to us a better player. Exciting times ahead anyway, can't say i've been dissapointed with any of Pearson's signings really!

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The money saved on Jimmy's wage is funding Belaid's wage, so the question is, will we get more value from Belaid than Jimmy?

I suspect the answer will be yes, so despite it looking a poor deal on paper, it might look a very good deal on the pitch.

The fact is he's been taking the piss for two years and the sooner he's gone for good, the better, this move can only make that permanent move more likely.

10. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

this is hull website says were paying 60%. so thats 18-20k by them, far better than the 10k first stated.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I was about to ask where the £10k figure came from, as the only place I've seen it was in the HDM and it looked like pure guesswork. They're not exactly known for spinning things in our favour are they.

12. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

I'd be a lot happier if we were paying 60%. Frees up quite a bit more cash when you add Zayattes wage to it!

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Getting £18k a week for him seems far better business, I'm sure that will cover Belaid's wage in full.

14. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

belaids on over 10k? id be suprised, how much is koren on?

15. TopTigersFan

TopTigersFan Member

At least we've found out what we're left paying. I love it under this new regime where everything is so much more transparent i.e. updates on players injuries on the OWS etc. which was not the case with the last one. Apparently Ipswich are also in for Charlie Austin, if they get him, I'll be well p****d off. Hopefully though Simpson or Garcia (when he's back) can do the job CA could do.

16. N

N Active Member

Given how clever AP is when it comes to stuff like this, I would be amazed if we were still paying 35k.

17. bluestrader123

bluestrader123 New Member

Bullard on form can transform games but it seems to me that in his current frame of mind it would probably weaken our midfield defensively and not create enough going forward to warrant that.
    I have no great problems with players private lives as long as they preform on the pitch and from the little i have seen of him he is not.
    Fully agree about Koren being central he is much more comfortable in the middle and the good thing with Koren is he tracks back and defends well (can't say the same about Jimmy)

18. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

We may have brought in Belaid on a £10k contract and loaning out Bullard keeps the wage bill the same.
    Still, I was expecting them to pay at least £15k.

19. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

No I can't believe it would be 10k either. AP is a clever chap and he would know that we could have got Bullard out our way for a minimal 10k a week, there would probably have been a que waiting to speak to him.

20. bluestrader123

bluestrader123 New Member

Oops meant to say perform not preform