1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

well rounded...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dutchtiger, Feb 9, 2011.

1. dutchtiger

dutchtiger New Member

Before the signings of fryatt, mclean and stewart i felt our strongest asset where our defensive capabilities. However with these new additions i feel that we now have the ability scare other sides into submission as well as keeping a solid back line; instead of waiting the game out and maybe trying to grab a a late winner. However when NP arrived with us the general consensus from leicester fans was that he was a great defensive manager. But i am now starting to query whether this was NP's decision to buy these forwards; whether it was a lucky signing; whether NP has changed his tactics since moving to us; or purely another member of the team? However i am extremely pleased with his progress with the club and the solid foundation he has given us.

2. Dean24

Dean24 Member

I think it's simple he'd seen Folan running round like a headless chicken and thought "He's not getting back in the side I need to bring a few in".

3. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Also I think the Leicester fans were meaning he liked to build his side on a mean defence, and we should expect that would be his first priority, which it was with us. Last season for them he signed Waghorn on loan and Vaughn on loan. http://www.leicester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=198778. As well as gallagher and Wellens who both have attacking prowess. Its better to build from the back to front!

4. dem_on

dem_on Member

Things are going forward Dutch but earlier in the season I cringed everytime we were attacked down the flanks. Solano and Macca are poor substitutes for Rosenior and in Dawsons case we have no cover and last week was his only decent game for god knows how long.When Rosenior was outed and Macca injured we were scrambling to find fullbacks when there was a panic about Dawsons fitness.The majority of goals against, in the earlier games came from incessant crosses into the box that had the likes of Zayatte , Dawson and Macca scrambling around like whirling dervishes.The centre back pairings since have provided some stability but I would still prefer some improved cover for the fullbacks.

5. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Steve Walsh identifies and does a lot of the work regarding the signing of players.NP,SW and CS are a very strong three man unit.Take one piece away and the whole club would suffer.Saying that take one away and the other two would up sticks and go as well.They came as a threesome and they'll go( hopefully not for years and years ) as such.

The Leicester boys told us before they arrived thay were top drawer and they weren't wrong.

All three of them are working wonders.

UTT.

Where the **** is Irememberwaggy now ?????

<ok>

6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

He started by building foundations from the back and before January it was clear that this was our main strong point. However due to injuries or crazy people leaving to Turkey (Zayatte) this has not happened, and i think the fact that we are attacking far more now is down to luck as much as anything. However his signings have being class, this January has to go down as one of the must successful we have had, and one that we will reap the rewards from.

7. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

NP has got rid of the off the field issues that some players were believed to have been causing. Dawson aside, the starting 11 is now his team - and he's most definately in charge. I admit I was sceptical on his arrival, but he is proving a lot of people wrong - long may it continue.