1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What do you expect from our club?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We've been called deluded and worse over recent months by various bottom feeding journos and pundits but I've never seen anyone on here make out we should be in the CL etc.. like some say.
    So what exactly do you want from our club?

All I want is a team to be proud of and one which.. win/lose/draw I can leave SJP thinking 'we gave it a real go today'.
    I want a club who understand the fans and the region and communicate effectively and regularly with us all.
    I'd like to think we could go on a cup run once in a while and and at least openly aspire to maybe sneaking into a European place once in a blue moon.
    That's all I want from our club and for me it's the basics... yet it seems our owners .. in the immortal words of Supermac... 'just don't give a ****'.... as we are nothing more than advertising space.

2. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Some decent football, the odd Derby win and some competition in the transfer market.

Basically what every football fan should be looking at there club for.

3. Shearer's Elbow

The most proud I've been of the team in the last 10 years or so was the first season back in the Premier League. We had a good honest group of players and a good honest manager in Hughton. Yes we had poor performances at times but with the likes of Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Smith etc around you knew it wasn't because of a lack of effort. They always gave it a go and because they weren't the greatest players in the world they just came up short from time to time. No shame in that and I was never ashamed of that squad. That's all I really want from a Newcastle team. Winning all the time would be great but one of my favourite recent memories was the pile-on after Nolan put us ahead in THAT derby game. True team spirit!

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't really have any massive expectations. I just want to enjoy my Saturday out. So come 3pm (or whatever day/time Sky decide), I just want to see attacking football and players putting the effort in. Largely I can deal with that. To be honest I'm not that bothered about transfers or even what division we're in. I don't see the PL as the be all and end all. The fizzy pop was great fun.

I'll have my moans about any old subject on here though, just for the craic.

Obi Wan likes this.
  5. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Nolan was imo the best captain we've had in a long time, the guy has his faults on the pitch but when it comes down to passion for the club he plays for he is irreplaceable, Barton had that trait aswell. We need a few players like that now.

Obi Wan likes this.
  6. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Owners that care. Positive, exciting football. Ambition in the transfer market - not necessarily huge transfer fees as clever buying is far more satisfying, but all areas of the squad should be strengthened when required. Ambition to do as well as possible in league AND cups - none of this playing for mid-table business... It's soulless, tedious and steals away all of the passion that supporting NUFC (or any football club) should bring.

I'd also like to see the club push on with increasing it's global profile and commercial revenue as this is somewhere where we are being left behind by other Prem teams, which is concerning when considering the clubs long term future. Also, all money that the club makes should be used to further the clubs fortunes - I don't mind if this is paying off the MA loan initially as that is still good for the long term future of NUFC.

Obi Wan likes this.
  7. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I'd like to see us play some good, entertaining football with us being back on top in derby games. I'd also like us to have players that actually give a damn. Haven't felt that way since the days of Nolan, Barton etc. Champions League would be nice, but realistically we should be going for the cups. I'd like to see us bring through some exciting kids and not sell them when other clubs come sniffing around. I would also like to see us actually appoint a manager who is in total control of the playing side who can sign players that they want. Not much too ask.

Obi Wan likes this.
  8. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

What do I expect from your club?

3 points twice a season <laugh>

Oh noooo!! It's Nemesis <yikes>

Obi Wan likes this.
  9. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I want Newcastle United to be run as a football club and not a profit-making franchise.

I don't care who is running the club, as long as they are trying to advance and not simply making up the numbers and plodding along without a thought for the fans who provide unbeatable support.

Mike Ashley is wealthy enough and Alan Pardew was talented enough to have achieved success at Newcastle United.

While that fat c*nt has no interest in anything other than money-making and humiliating club legends like Keegan & Shearer, it's been a doomed tenure from the start.

Like others, when we climbed out of the Championship as Champions, I had a good feeling about Chris Hughton and the squad we had.

As we know, the squad was sold off and the manager sacked.

I'm not interested in trophy-signings like Michael Owen or Patrick Kluivert, but keeping the home-grown jewels like Andy Carroll at the club, no matter what money is offered. There is no way Newcastle United needs to be a selling club these days and it sickens me to see all the fans being fleeced of their hard-earned money for the sake of Mike Ashley's profit margin.

10. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I want Newcastle United to be run as a football club and not a profit-making franchise.

I don't care who is running the club, as long as they are trying to advance and not simply making up the numbers and plodding along without a thought for the fans who provide unbeatable support.

Mike Ashley is wealthy enough and Alan Pardew was talented enough to have achieved success at Newcastle United.

While that fat c*nt has no interest in anything other than money-making and humiliating club legends like Keegan & Shearer, it's been a doomed tenure from the start.

Like others, when we climbed out of the Championship as Champions, I had a good feeling about Chris Hughton and the squad we had.

As we know, the squad was sold off and the manager sacked.

I'm not interested in trophy-signings like Michael Owen or Patrick Kluivert, but keeping the home-grown jewels like Andy Carroll at the club, no matter what money is offered. There is no way Newcastle United needs to be a selling club these days and it sickens me to see all the fans being fleeced of their hard-earned money for the sake of Mike Ashley's profit margin.

Obi Wan likes this.

11. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily expect anything from the club.
    Rather I hope that as fans we get to see ambition on and off the pitch. Belief from the squad that we can challenge the top teams and win a cup.

As others have said, I'd like to see more local or at least British talent brought through our youth system and kept within the fold without being sold for a quick buck.

Expectation doesn't happen for me any more, just hope.

Obi Wan likes this.
  12. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

I now expect to be disappointed, frustrated, taken for granted, bemused, angered and generally pissed off. Everything else is a bonus!

The last few years under Ashley have simply sucked the life out of the club to the point where I have almost lost all enthusiasm, emotion, passion, pride, and hope.

BUT it's still my club. I DO CARE! It does affect me. I still feel the passion and the pain, but I expect nothing in return. Literally nothing. I can only hope.

13. Obi Wan

Only 3? That's generous Sid, I thought it was 6. Maybe the tide will turn under Carver? <ok>

14. Obi Wan

This! <ok>

15. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I expect anyone running a football club (and therefore NUFC) to strive to be as successful on the pitch, in the league table, and in the cups as they can possibly be.

I expect Mike Ashley's Newcastle United to continue to think only of profit and to treat the fans with contempt.

16. leez

leez Well-Known Member

owner that wont invest ...think of profit all the time . etc just don't deserve a 52 thousand crowd every home game .. hes getting away with murder .

and owner that runs a club like this ..deserves a 10 thousand (in epl ) crowd id say ..

anyway all the reasons yous guys have given already ...

also take no notice of what people ( media ) other supporters say cause they just jealous .. passion and local supporters as always ..

make a stand .. and don't be a arab , Russian , American and goverment whipping boy club cause that what we are .. step backwards to go forward , and only way to get rid of this elite fat ****

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  17. mmmkay

mmmkay Well-Known Member

Plain and simple - entertainment on the pitch

18. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Might want to reread what he said.

19. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

I expect more trophies and the aggressive continuation of our domination both domestically and on the continent, crushing all before us without losing or drawing a single game, all whilst never allowing the opposition a single second in possession (so no goal-kicks or throw-ins to them FFS) and only using local lads who go on to win the World Cup for England in exactly the same 11 and manner.

Ellis Short Is and Welshie like this.
  20. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

But you'd be pissing and moaning about why we only score 8 instead of 9 every game.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.