1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where are the culprits that spoilt Gerrard's Party???

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, May 16, 2015.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>At home to Palace, very important game to Gerrard and every one that cares.
    Can't believe that Crystal Palace scored three goals at Anfield.
    Gerrard wants a win and all of us do also.
    please log in to view this image

All the players are to be blamed.
    Shame!..Shame!!...Shame!!!...Shame!!!!!.:headbang::oops::sad::redface:o_O

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    abc_220 likes this.
  2. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Im not shocked, they deserved their win

If you look at MITO's signature its one I agree with. If im wrong good, I'll take all the piss taking

3. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

As the dust settles on THE match, we can see why there was an element of party ruined and fans of other clubs are taking the mick.

- it resembled more a testimonial than a competitive match from our players point of view. There was a lot of emotion. From our players and from our fans.

- but to be fair to Palace. They treated it as they should, as a competitive premiership match with points to be won. Their fans have paid good money to travel and to see a performance from their team and not a party from the opposition.

- there was a surreal atmosphere and the events were unprecedented. Gerrard coming out with his daughters to a guard of honour and high fiving the Palace players. So much so that the Palace could have been excused of having second thoughts about competing or even letting Gerrard score a goal in sympathy.

- Gerrard IMO is probably the best player to have played for us. He singlehandedly dragged the team to many trophies, something no other have done in our history.

- the club IMO should have treated the match like a normal match. Then at the end there could have the party. The ovation at the end and the banners were appropriate. But let's get the game over with first. The guy is a legend but he is leaving to play for another club, and may even play for us again (unlikely) or coach us. How does this make the likes of Dalglish, Rush, and others feel?

- the pronouncements are well over the top. I saw one: the best there will ever be? Come on. Is this the end of hope for our club that we cannot even contemplate a better player to the end of time?

Sometimes a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss. No player can be bigger than a club. And this certainly applies to Liverpool FC. Let us not forget that.

Tobes The Grinch and Stan like this.
  4. leez

leez Well-Known Member

really showed how vulnerable yous are from wide areas ,,and from pace players ....upfront. I think Rodgers wont take yous forward .. attacking wise sterling behind a decent forward is his position ..and not just stuck oot wide .which Rodgers likes me thinks .. he was doing alright when up front ..but Rodgers changed this when sturridge came back ..from then on stuck oot wide ..hasn't worked . you don't want him coming back really ..

5. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

The Gerrard party was completely over the top by both the media and the club. Go out and win the match, and then have the party, when the league's done and dusted! What other legend, at any other club, got this kind of over-blown send-off at the end of a competitive match? Answer = none. It made the club and the fans look like a laughstock, and made all the more painful and embarrassing by the fact that Palace won!

6. FedLadSonOfAnfield

The Gerrard situation is one of the major contributing factors to our pathetic season if you ask me. It's been dragged out and dragged out as the ultimate long good-bye that all the focus has been on it and the energy not directed where it's most needed which is into training and on the pitch. We can all laud his efforts and successes down the years but in the end he's not helped the club get itself in the best position for the future. It would have been preferable for him to just announce he was done either at the end of last season or this one and then go without all the ceremony and 'Gerrard's final football tour' so that every game becomes a special appearance. The pressure he placed on himself I think went towards his slip up last year and the sub-par performances this one. Nobody can deny him a send-off at Anfield of course but it just feels like it's been all season long, the team and all us fans looking towards the inevitable. Glad it's done now (pretty much) and focus can return to what matters which is winning the ****ing league again. That's what this club needs.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

By the media maybe but he deserved a good send off by the club.

8. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I think the club is now liberated come the end of the season.

Think we will see a better and more cohesive team without him.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

:emoticon-0129-call::laugh:
    Very spiteful mate.:laugh::laugh:

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Can't agree with this. Even though Gerrard's career has been winding down for some time playing wise, who do you think will be the new 'heart' of the club now?

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

It's true mate - we're a better team without him and have been for the past 3-4 years. Our points per game without him proves that.

Not a dig at Gerrard - he physically does not suit this team. He obviously won't get criticised for Saturday but he was awful yet agian. Crystal Palace ran right through us.

BlueBee likes this.
  12. Jimmy Squarefoot

When I say liberated, I think players will now step up. Gerrard (at this age) simply hinders our style of play.

And it's not about heart - it's about quality first and foremost. Moving Can into CM is far better than having Gerrard there.

13. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

In your eyes? In ABL's eyes? We dont give a **** what they think just to let you know, he got a send off we as fans (in the majority) are happy with and he deserved it so we'll choose how to do it if thats all the same with you

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  14. johnsonsbaby

By heart I suppose I mean who's going to be the figurehead? As many people have said Gerrard is Mr Liverpool, he represents the club and the city. When Terry retires I expect he will get a similar send off and the club loses Mr Chelsea, Is it a thing of days gone by and not necessary for the modern game. I love the club having a local captain, figurehead, ambassador, call it what you like. His playing days have got fewer and weaker [even though he scored the winning goal a couple of weeks ago!] and he will be replaced on the pitch but can you replace the 'image' as easily?

15. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

Not saying that the fans shouldn't give a send off, but was it really necessary to do this at the weekend, when 5th isn't yet secured?

Not having a dig, simply asking the question.

16. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Not like we had much else to play for, 667. I would much rather the media, the players, the fans and the manager were going on about our race for the title or top 4, but we ****ed it up, so the attention was on the next best thing which was Gerrard's send off. Our season has gone out like a wet fart, but now may as well focus on giving Gerrard the send off he deserves.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  17. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

So we should have waited until he was at the airport ready to fly to LA before we said cheerio?

The most logical time to do it was at the last home game of his final season, him leaving and our finishing league position are completely different issues, if you're pissed off with the press coverage you could always write or send an email with your complaint to the relevant news outlets.
    If you're pissed off with LFC's own goodbye to Gerrard you could always keep your nose out and worry about your own club's fortunes.

Jürgenmeiʃter and johnsonsbaby like this.
  18. johnsonsbaby

Last home game of the season there's always a reciprocal thank you with the team/families and fans. Saturday was only different in that the team let Gerrard give and take all the thanks.

19. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

As I said, not having a dig just asking the question.

Is this a subject that is closed to any debate?

20. johnsonsbaby

The question as to it being this weekend has been answered.

Jürgenmeiʃter likes this.