1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Who said that?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Quote of the week
    Gianni Infantino – revealing what first attracted him to a new $6.5bn-valued 48-team World Cup format which guarantees $5m grants for all 211 Fifa voting members: “It was a football decision.”

Stand of the week
    Slaven Bilic – “let down and angry” with Dimitri Payet trying to leave West Ham: “He’s our best player and that’s why we gave him a long contract. We gave him everything, we were always there for him. I expect him to show commitment.”

(March 1997 Harry Redknapp reveals he’s “bitter and angry “ with Slaven Bilic trying to leave West Ham: “He’s on a fantastic contract, the highest paid player in the club’s history. He signed it … Now he wants a move and feels Everton are a big club, so there’s nothing we can do. West Ham are a big club in our eyes, but he feels otherwise.” Bilic: “I had to do this. We are professionals – all players know, if anyone gets the chance of a big club, he must take it.”)

• Payet’s view on contract loyalty: Feb 2016, signing his new five-year £125k-a-week West Ham deal. “For me it’s a big step, an enormous show of faith from the chairman and from the manager. I thank them for that. I’m proud and I’m happy to prolong my adventure with West Ham… All is well. The love affair continues.”

Diego Costa: “unavailable” for Chelsea two weeks after his New Year message to fans: “I’m very happy, very content here... It’s good for us to have a manager who is not just a boss but a person we can talk to, someone whose support we can count on. We love him more all the time.”

Antonio Conte’s view on 3 Jan: “Last summer Diego told me: ‘I stay, I stay, I want to fight for this club, for my team-mates, for this shirt,’ and now he’s showing great passion in the right way, in every moment. We’re happy for this: me, the club, the team-mates, because he’s completely focused. It’s very important, this.”

Zamparini latest
    Italy, 6 Sep: Palermo owner Maurizio Zamparini hires coach Roberto de Zerbi.
    28 Nov: Denies planning to sack him. “I am keeping De Zerbi, that is my decision.”
    30 Nov: Sacks him for being “pitiful”, hires Eugenio Corini instead.
    10 Jan: Loses faith in Corini and tries to rehire De Zerbi; De Zerbi says no.
    Corini: “Every day here is like an atomic bomb, it’s like Hiroshima.” Zamparini: “It’s not easy to be president.”

Best vote of confidence
    France: Montpellier owner Louis “Loulou” Nicollin on his coach Frédéric Hantz: “I’m angry with him. His team plays sad, sad football – I’m starting to be fed up to back teeth. But Hantz is not in danger. We can’t afford to fire him.”

Best clarification
    Italy: Sampdoria chairman Massimo Ferrero, clarifying what he meant by telling the press after a defeat to Napoli: “The referee stole it, incredible, the FA must expel him. I am truly pissed off, send these officials away. It is a robbery. In Italy robbery is a crime.” Two days later: “I don’t blame the referee and I have always defended referees. I have nothing against them.”

Ferrero’s reflection on the incident: “When I am beside myself, I make trouble. It is my nature. He who is born round cannot die square.”

Credit to the Gruniard once more.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Its a funny old game saint.

3. Blacker-than-Knight

4. Fork Handles

Fork Handles Well-Known Member

"Welcome to Stamford Bridge where Chelsea have scored after 30 seconds - completely against the run of play"

Delusional Full Stop and Obi Wan like this.
  5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Nev: "I'll update the prediction league table."

6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

pauljohnhutch and Obi Wan like this.
  7. Blacker-than-Knight

The master David Coleman "If that had gone in, it would have been a goal", “Don’t tell those coming in the final result of that fantastic match, but let’s just have another look at Italy’s winning goal.”

8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Frank Bruno's "That's cricket, Harry, you get these sort of things in boxing"

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

This games a bit easy... it tells you who said it at the start of each sentence? :huh:

Obi Wan likes this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Amateur.

<doh>

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Thats better... now who said that?

Wasnit Rafa after your performance couple weeks ago? :bandit:

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  12. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

I thank you kind sir. This actually made me laugh