1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Yann M'Vila

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Gil T Azell and Blunham Mackem like this.
  2. Brian Storm

Rumors rife we've agreed a fee and offered him a 4 year contract. Though I can't find a credible source for this.

3. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

This is good, very good.

If he's our first signing (N'Zogbia apart) then it could act as a statement of intent to other players.

Get it done!!

4. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

5. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Yann M’Vila set to sign for Sunderland from Rubin Kazan
    JULY 27, 2016 BY JAMES NICKELSLEAVE A COMMENT
    please log in to view this image
    Yann M’Vila’s turbulent summer is all set to end soon, with sources in both North-East England and Kazan confirming to RFN that the enigmatic Frenchman is set to sign a four-year-deal with Sunderland on the back of a highly successful loan stint at the club.

Sunderland fans all summer have been dismayed by their lack of progress on the transfer front, with the European Championships and uncertainty over the future of Sam Allardyce postponing all proposed transfers deals. Since the appointment of David Moyes as successor to the new England manager, Sunderland’s new CEO Martin Bain, has admittedthe disruption behind the scenes. Bain later announced that all previously adjourned plans are now in full motion, confirming that Moyes has been given substantial financial backing.

On the contrary, Rubin have been very active in the summer so far under new manager Javi Gracia, completing nine transfers including fellow defensive midfielder Alex Song. The Tatars have been actively looking to sell M’Vila and fellow Frenchman Chris Mavinga throughout the off-season, who arrived late to pre-season due to visa issues, and were both later left out of Rubin’s tour of Austria.

Following this, Sunderland seem to have acted quickly to grab their number one priority this summer, reportedly agreeing both a fee with Rubin Kazan and personal terms with M’Vila himself. These terms will have been agreed in principle during part of their own pre-season tour in France – where M’Vila has been training alone, separate from the rest of the Rubin squad. M’Vila himself has repeatedly asserted both in interviews and oversocial media his wish to stay at Sunderland beyond last season.

The 26-year-old was one of Sunderland’s better performers last season, and if not for a late dip in form due to fitness and Jermain Defoe’s 18 goals, he may have been voted Player of the Season. M’Vila was described by his old manager, Frederic Antonetti as ‘la nouvelle vague’, part of the French new wave alongside Paul Pogba, Blaise Matuidi and Rio Mavuba. But later became described as ‘les enfant terrible’, due to a series of off-the-field troubles including allegedly assaulting a restaurant owner and hiring two prostitutes in 2010. M’Vila later accrued a two-year ban from the French Football Federation from all international duty for enjoying a drunken night out in Paris alongside Antoine Griezmann and others ahead of an Under-21 European Championship qualifying tie against Norway in November 2012. During his time in Russia, M’Vila has repeatedly went awol in France and even bought an axe for his ‘own protection’ from club officials.

Yet, despite a troublesome start being sent off in an Under-21s match for a head butt, M’Vila’s time at Sunderland has been relatively stress-free. He has enjoyed arguably the best football of his career since 2011 under Antonetti at Rennes, who thendescribed him as one of ‘few players in Europe as good as he is in that position. Yann is a combination of the great defensive midfielders. He reads the game like Claude Makelele, has the presence of Patrick Vieira and can pass the ball like Yaya Toure’.

Undoubtedly, M’Vila moving to Sunderland is a good fit for all parties concerned, and Rubin will be able to get a respectable price tag in response – purportedly around €5-7 million and David Moyes will be able to finally secure the services of a talented midfielder he has chased since his days

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

This makes me happy.

The lad is a phenomenal footballer he's a complete class above, effortless.

Let's hope this is all good information.

Now get contracts signed for Kone & Kirchoff.

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Not going to be excited about this until it's official but it's looking promising.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  8. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Get it done, great news.

9. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Get it done!!

A statement of intent to the fans and the new manager as well!!

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Brian Storm

And he wears comedy slippers <laugh>

please log in to view this image

SAFCDRUM and Nads like this.

11. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

12. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Problem is though even with M'vila back on board we are still SHORT of what we had last season. We need Yedlin back too.

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We are, but this is a key signing, a massive signing.

Let's remember we've also done great business getting the right players on new deals as well, the managerial situation has slowed us down but I still think with the squad that ended the season 1 loss in 11 we are ok.

We will get more in and if they are close to the standard of KKK and Yann we are set.

We are comfortably better than at least 6 clubs for me already.

I think we will go back for Yedlin, as Ellis likes a Yank in, and I think he will be a valuable player.

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  14. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Aye ya right mate. Haven't heard much in respect of moving on the last of the deadwood either. Free the wages up...still plenty of time though eh.

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We've done better than previously mate got rid of a lot of **** and a massive amount of salary.

Bridcutt is going and I'm surprised nobody wants Buckley, he is not a bad player at all for me, I'll never forget that delightful lay off for him we do not mention at St James...

16. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Everything is coming together nicely now and this tells me that Rubin blinked first over fees and we could have ourselves a massive player at a reasonable price. Everything calm on the surface but lots going on beneath.

I reckon we ain't done by some distance yet.

Nads likes this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Would anyone take a stab at Balotelli if Liverpool covered a massive chunk of his wages?

I just think maybe, just maybe....

18. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

This deal has apparently been done in France, by the representatives of both clubs. 4 Year contract.

Hopefully this will be signed off by the end of the week.

Nads likes this.
  19. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

No mate, never in a million for me. Not the type of attitude I want at my club by a long shot.

There is some talent in there, but I think he's burned too many bridges for the positives to outweigh the negatives.

Dorset likes this.
  20. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Kone already up to 2020 though. Kirchhoff still worries me with injuries as he's still only played half a season with no injuries in loads of time. Give him an extra year or two but make it dew dent in fitness.

Mvilla being back is an amazing signing. Worth the wait

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.