1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth players ready?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Jun 3, 2015.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Only one that I can remember.

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

He played in the League Cup and the FA Cup, both times he looked very average. He obviously didn't impress that much on loan, I know Tranmere thought he was ok at best but he only managed 2 appearances for Alloa and they're a part time Scottish side, really if he was anything special he'd have lit up that league. I don't know where HITC got the mention about SB giving him a chance, because I don't think he thinks he's good enough.

I'm surprised we gave him a contract and not Jonathon Margetts, who was scoring for fun in the reserves (he still hasn't found a club).

Lewis Clarkson, another who used to score plenty in the reserves, is now playing for Tadcaster Albion in the NCEL PL, alongside Jonathan Greening. Tadcaster play one level above Hull United; that's some fall from grace.

3. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

I thought everyone here who had seen him said he wasn't anywhere near ready yet.

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I haven't seen enough of him to judge, though as I'd completely forgotten about one game he'd actually played in, he obviously didn't impress me in it.

The academy seem to be very strict nowadays and are releasing a lot of the lads, the fact that they've given him an extended deal suggests they've seen something in him.

5. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I have to say Margetts scoring record has been outstanding and I'm sure he could have done better than Mark Cullen. Cullen had his chance - an appearance vs Liverpool in the PL and a failed partnership with Jay Simpson in the Championship, why not give the same chance to Margetts?

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Margetts was released a while back.