1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zubar stays, Daley and Soukouna sign.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by homepark_hobo, Jul 19, 2011.

1. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

3. Michael71

Michael71 Member

Yeah Im glad Zubar is staying, I thought he was our best player last season.
    Dont know about the trialists yet but it all sounds good

4. Westernmac

Westernmac Member

Good news indeed. It's now up to Peter Reid to build a team out of the bits & pieces. If anyone can, I think he can.

5. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Yep starting to come together think we will have to give them to Christmas at least to really see what sort of a side he can conjure up out of the wreckage. Zubar is a big bonus though. As for trialists Whaley was seen as a top prospect at one point but career seems to have gone off track a bit could be a really good addition to the squad others we will have to wait and see. Are they sure Shane Williams hasn´t got Albion and Argyle confused??

6. Get your jiggle out

What is Zubar thinking? Absolute legend :emoticon-0137-clapp

From the various opinions and reports from the Bristol game Daley seems like a good signing as well.

7. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Zubar-TOP MAN.Soukouna was excellent against Bristol City+Daley & Hitchcock signing=very good news<ok>

8. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great news about Zubar,class act.

Tom Hitchcock only for three months,hope he stays the whole season in the end.........best source of goals for us this season.

Still depends on the Heaney/Irish phantoms coughing up the money or it will be dead in the water otherwise........at present no other source of funds........other than season tickets and that is ring fenced until completion day.........whenever !!!

9. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Huddersfield manager Lee Clark gives a glowing write up about Damien Johnson,who has signed on loan for twelve months..........that will complete his time on our books.

Lee Clark's write up makes you think that we could do with a player like that..........how did it go so wrong.........finally with us desperately trying to get his wages off-loaded.

So Johnson and Patterson are as good as gone.........but we are still paying chunks of there wages unfortunately.

10. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Better than paying it all Plymborn. Johnson was an big expense from the over-indulgent Championship spending of the old board and although a good player, we can not support his wages, they are apparently significantly higher than Waltons £8,000pwk.

At least we have some promising younger eager players on trial and in our youth set up who could possibly fill the void.

;)

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now, if you are looking for a person who has shown loyalty, a very very rare commodity in football these days then Zubar must come out top of the tree. Who could have blamed him if he had gone. I'm sure he could have and to a much higher league as well. The guy gets 11 out of 10 from me and is already contender for player of the season even if he scores an own goal every week. As for the rest of them well so much for the "nobody will want to sign for us/you" brigade. I will lay odds that we will have a half decent squad come kick off day and that they will not struggle next season. I won't say play offs or promotion but I have a feeling that we (excluding the DS "we" people) have turned the corner now and all this will seem a bad dream this time next year.

12. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I think we could make a decent midtable finish this term. Then hopefully push up the top half next season.

I agree with your comments about Zubar sensible and I like the look of Soukouna as a CB.
    If we have 3 good CB challenging for first 11 then that would be an plus (if no one tries for Nelson this season!).

Hopefully we can get a good 18/19 players on board before the new season starts so we can field a full 11 and bench.

13. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Am sure Ridsdale knows what he's doing:laugh:

14. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I shall be going to have a look at the current line up tomorrow night so will let you know my opinion when seen first hand. We will have a full squad by kick off don't worry.

15. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Johnsons´s wage was the main stumbling block on setting up the Huddersfield deal from what I read they could not afford the full wack so it must be a fair sum.

16. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Cole now added to the squad.

17. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

He is only 25 so still young for a keeper. I think that training with Larrieu will help himm develop his game.

Looking good...

18. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

19. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Interesting that we still have some more names popping up on trial. Should have a good squad available if they prove worth-while.

Same old comments from Guilfoyle, not criticising him for the article but I seem to remember that the sale was supposed to be completed a couple of weeks ago. 1st August is Judgement day then.

20. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Don't hold it against Guilfoyle Hobo, these things have a life of their own timetablewise.

I have to admit spending over a year trying to buy a company once - in Ireland surprise, surprise. Guinness was good but trying to avoid flying Ryanair not so good. Aer Lingus is cheaper and more comfortable if you can get a seat!