1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£250,000 per week wages

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by grandpops, Oct 6, 2016.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Reality of life! Most nurses are worth their weight in gold (som are absolutely useless) but get paid a relative pittance. If the NHS is privatised, things will change massively. I would've been a nurse now if the money wasn't rubbish! I made more calling bingo numbers than I would have training as a nurse when I was 18! My love of money overtook my love of care for people

Nads and TEL like this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Interesting mate, and it's a big sign as to why the NHS is propped up by foreign workers atm.

I heard yesterday that some MP pledged that the UK will provide it's own staff for the NHS and to stop relying on foreign workers, can't see it happening myself.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  3. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

It won't happen mate. I teach maths and IT in the NHS now and build databases and excel spreadsheets for teams - am paid pretty well for it (relatively) Also paid more than most nurses are too - only the senior nursing staff earn as much as or more than me.

I can't see them being able to provide their own like the MP has said - it's something we've been talking about at work for quite some time.

Not sure how much longer I'll work in the NHS - redundancies coming up althouth I have a lot of service so will be due a tax free lump sum if I'm made redundant of around a years wage!

Nads and TEL like this.
  4. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They're not dishing out any more redundancies down our way any more after what happened 5 or 6 years ago. Instead they're offering re-locations to other offices with vacancies rather than pay out.

I missed it last time and we're busier than ever now so it looks like I'm in it for the long haul to retirement.

Nice package if you get it though mate!

5. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I know - as much as I love my job, it's enough to sort out a large chunk of debt and set myself a little business I've been trying to get off the ground which has already been lucrative even though I've only done it twice due to how much time I've got. Just need a few grand to get marketing and a good foothold first.

Not sure it'll happen mind they're stopping any vacancies at our end - getting rid of a large chunk of contractors too! Luckily I'm permanent and have a nice redundancy package if it comes to it.

6. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm well passed the maximum permitted number of years so my package would be like a decent lottery win. Mortgage gone, money in the bank, golf during the week and the wife still out at work :)

What a bugger it'll never happen! :(

7. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

**** me Monty didn't know the dole paid that much out, think i may come back home and put my feet up, raking in the dosh more than an asylum seeker cos **** knows i've put loads in ,and never taken a penny out.

8. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Why have you stole my Avatar you git?

TEL likes this.
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If it was me I'd feel ashamed of myself for demanding 250K a week when I was on 180K. There's no shame or morals in modern football though and that's why there are very few players I respect.

Billy Death likes this.