1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£300 million Bid lodged (sky sports claim)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nolberto's Salsa Inferno, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Ashley has done no wrong. Umm

Right.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

With regards to this takeover it would appear he hasn’t. Just doesn’t seem to like the deal being offered. At least he is willing to back the manager with some transfers to help us stay up.

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

But it’s Rafa’s choices I want not Penfold’s and preferably his first choices.

4. Warmir Pouchov

We have what we have budget wise. Rafa picks the players. Maybe if he just bought 1 or 2 rather than buying 4 **** ones we’d be ok. Just follow the Pardew model of quality over quantity - hurt when you had injuries but never failed to keep us up.

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Man City are the only team that have chairmen the fans approve of, and that's because they have a **** ton of money to throw at players and don't give a **** if they lose 100m. I'm sure your kids would love you to borrow a ton of money against your house and take them to disney world every weekend, it's only when the loan is called in, the house gets repossessed and they find themselves living in a cardboard box that they realise it was a big mistake.

anyobrien likes this.
  6. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  8. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

GeordieHalfbreed and JakartaToon like this.
  9. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Oh god. Pardew is part of the consortium.

10. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

11. Warmir Pouchov

The PCP media machine going into overdrive. Comical warnings/threats too. Although Ashley wants to sell, he doesn’t her advice on things might be impacted by his pricing etc.

She wants it cheap, he ain’t giving it to her cheap, deal bottomed until someone budges. They are miles apart by the looks of it.

12. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

She's meant to have already offered £250m plus £50m once we stay up, so £300m. He seems to want £350m. They aren't that far apart. Come the end of the season with Premier League security and a better TV deal also on the table they could potentially find a middle ground. That is if the improved TV deal doesn't make Ashley want even more for it.

magpie290761 likes this.
  13. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sounds like she is running a high-end version of Injury Lawyers for You. Funding court cases up front in return for a share of the winnings. Makes Sports Direct seem like a respectable company.

14. Warmir Pouchov

That seems quite a way apart. It seems to state in this promotional piece she has offered a one off payment of £250m. If he wants 350m she is only 70% odd of the way there. Even to meet in the middle both would have to concede another 15%. I don't think they are even close.

As you say the end of the season may bring brighter news.

Could they not have found a better angle to take that picture from? She looks the product of decades of inbreeding #thehillshaveeyes

J. J. McClure likes this.
  15. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

He says "they made one offer, waste of time".
    She says "we've made three, one unconditional offer".
    He then says "ok, I lied, so they've made more than one offer. But they haven't proven funds."
    She says "we've proven we have funds already".

Can't wait for his next response. Problem I have isn't just the lies and other bullshit, it's the fact he clearly overvalues the club - and deliberately at that. He's using SD tactics with football club-level money. As the old saying goes, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. He might want £350m but doesn't mean he'll get it, which means we're stuck with this cesspit of an individual - something PB and J feel is preferable!

Kryptonite likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

That would be all very well except for one minor detail. He hasn't actually said anything at all. He hasn't mentioned them not having funds, he hasn't said the deal is off altogether, he hasn't said its been a big waste of time - none of these things are a direct quote from him. He could very well be feeding the papers or sources of course. I'm just not sure taking newspapers/twitter/Wraith etc at their word is all that shrewd.

All we know he has said about it to anyone is that he told Rafa 3 weeks ago it wouldn't go through, so they will release the purse strings and do whatever they can to get some bodies through the door. He probably wanted it out the way earlier so he has time to protect his asset if its not going through. Every time we've been in danger of going down Ashley has spent money in the January window. I think he has probably decided he can wait no longer.

In terms of her, again we don't actually know what she has offered as she hasn't actually confirmed anything from what I can see. Clearly the fact she is talking to The National about his valuation though suggests the rest of the article may have substance. i.e. she has offered a one off 250m payment.

I think he probably does overvalue the club at 350m. I think she probably does undervalue it at 250m. The problem is neither seem to want to meet in the middle which makes a deal very difficult. Beauty as always is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd love him to accept 250m and her to come in and spend 100m on players. It would be very nice. I'm just not buying into all these sources who know **** all and making it up as they go. Ashley bashing is very easy and is often aimed at dragging comment from him, from his reclusive standpoint. That doesn't make any of it actually factual. He is not a Mr Nice Guy, I think that is pretty obvious. However I am not stupid enough to believe this woman and her cronies are any better either.

I don't see the value in just denigrating our current owner based on what the media want us to believe. Ashley is Mr Only Bad Guy, what a surprise...

17. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

He has a bit of Dennis Wise about her eyes.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

But it is a matter of court record that he and his regime lie to fans.

19. Warmir Pouchov

He did on that occasion yes. And it probably means he is happy to again. However we just don't know on this occasion. She is also probably very adept at presenting something that smells of **** as roses too. Hence they are all very rich.

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I like to be selective in my facts to suit my warped agenda so i’ll stick with what I know.... this regime openly admitted it lies to its fans.