1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£300 million Bid lodged (sky sports claim)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nolberto's Salsa Inferno, Nov 20, 2017.

1. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

So if Ashley told Benitez three weeks ago he was releasing the purse strings, why are we still sat here now fannying around for Kennedy still and no purchases. It couldn't be that Mike is just a born liar, not at all.
    The perfect ploy to keep funds and misdirect fans anger. Staveley played right into his hands in the long run. Can't remember the last time I saw a chairmen actively say he wants out but charge a higher amount than what the market expects. Oh wait I can, it was the last time he said the club was up for sale.
    I don't think we're getting sold this summer, once the TV money is adjudged to have gone up and we survive relegation by the tip of our dicks, Ashley will take us for another year's worth of money and let the idiots in the media lap up his bullshit about how we can't compete with anyone despite being one of the better run, financially, in the country for nearly the last decade and have one of the highest revenues outside the top 6.
    Two weeks ago we had to sell to buy, okay what happened to the wages for the 5 players Rafa shipped out towards the end of the last window? Did it all get "used" on a failed loan for Targett?
    By the way if PCP are so inept because they wont stump up the extra money, what does everyone make of a guy who hasn't been able to sell the club for a decade.

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Was reading Pouchy’s stoic defence of Sir Mike on the other threads and was thinking exactly this. If Rafa was told about three weeks ago that sale not going through AND funds would be made available to support player acquisition be it loan or purchase, why are we still waiting?

Regardless of the amount available why have we not got one player through the proverbial door yet?

Answers on a postcard to The Owner, Newcastle United FC, St James’ Park, Newcastle upon Tyne.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I hate to burst your bubble lads. Do you know how many clubs in the PL have failed to sign a single player outside of loans returning?

10 clubs. A further two clubs have either only managed a loan deal or a youngster for their youth team. Of those 10 guess how many are in the bottom half battling relegation?

Answers on a postcard to I am Groot/RobEllious/etc

It must be really easy to sign players in the world of Newcastle fans. Having a small budget and feeding off the scraps has no impact at all obviously.

please log in to view this image

Next

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

^^ ^^
    Not beelin’

:)

5. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Irrelevant argument. Even if relevant should our standards be the same as our peers or better if we are to improve?

Whether other Clubs have or haven’t bought/loaned someone is of secondary interest to me. By your same argument Brighton, Huddersfield and Stoke have brought someone in so how have they achieved this miraculous feat and we can’t?

Also, why small budget? Where did this come from? No one outside the few that know are aware as to what our budget is. Tried to check but can’t find anything quickly but aren’t we due a Sky payment this month? Also what about the spare money raised but not spent at the end of the last window?

Anyway

442E933B-5C33-405A-A347-BE69A8B96419.gif

RobEllious likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

It is relevant in understanding how the transfer window works, and how notoriously difficult it is to complete deals (particularly at this time of year). I think Mr Benitez has confirmed it will be difficult.

Benitez said: “Can we do something different in January?

“We will see, but remember that January is a difficult market and you can’t normally find what you are looking for.

“You find something that maybe can help. We will try to do that."

I think its pretty much certain we have a small budget. Ashley has suggested we need to operate sensibly within our means. I am not sure we've generated much extra money since the summer. Benitez made these comments in November:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...id-not-have-the-money-to-sign-average-players

I don't think much has changed. We are a low end newly promoted PL club. Taking all that into account, I think a large budget is unlikely.

please log in to view this image

7. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Wouldn't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him but equally I wont believe anything I hear from PCP until it happens - player purchase, club investment or development of the city. This all feels very reminiscent of when Ashley took over and we all know what happened next.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

"You can lose against the top teams, we have to compete against Huddersfield, Brighton, or Burnley, but we couldn't sign players that they signed. We couldn't pay the wages that they paid, so that is what we have.

"I can tell you a couple of players in each team that maybe we could have signed, but we couldn't pay the wages, or we couldn't pay the transfer fee, or whatever.”

Lifted from article.

We can’t pay the same wages as Huddersfield and Brighton or we won’t pay the same wages? I think Rafa was only relaying the view of Ashley in that interview as I doubt whether he would agree with it.

That is all down to the way the Club is run. To say we can’t compete with Brighton and/or Huddersfield is quite ludicrous. What do they have that we don’t?

Yes run the Club on sound financial grounds but to grow you have to sensibly speculate to accumulate. There is no reason why we could not be using the guaranteed Sky money to fund purchases now with a loan and repay on receipt of those monies from Sky.

No one is expecting us to compete financially against the top 6 teams or even the middle half long standing PL teams but if we don’t compete with particularly those Clubs who have just been promoted with us then we are up s**t creek without a paddle.

13CAC130-E385-4D37-B5CD-9C6E7A3AFFE4.gif

Kryptonite likes this.
  9. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

He's going to find it pretty galling if and when the next owner makes a bit of investment, and we start to kick on in the league and win a bit of silverware.

10. Warmir Pouchov

I don't think we will speculate massively. When Rafa says that, he is failing to mention he got to spend a lot more than they did to get promoted.

Unfortunately the waiter spent all his tips the previous summer on cheap rioja. When he started mixing in more affluent circles, invited them round and poured them a glass, they laughed in his face.

I can understand why you are frustrated he's wasted what money we had though. Its really come back to bite us this year.

11. leez

leez Well-Known Member

Doom. And gloom this fooka

12. RobEllious

<laugh> Absolute bollocks are you Ashley's PR man in disguise? You love to ignore anything that doesn't fit your argument, so ill ask again, why havent we had a loan sorted from all the wages saved by the 5 players that left without reply in the last window? That could easily account for one loan and its associated fee. After all, MA puts money in when we're in the clart doesn't he, so why has he yet to even use the money that he saved last window three weeks after TELLING Rafa there's money available? Are you also saying all previous failures in transfer windows is because we're Newcastle and we just can't compete with the mighty Hudds or Brightons of this world?

All those clubs you mentioned didn't drop the wage bill like we did in the summer and literally do not have the ****test team in the league. Ill speak to you at the end of the window.

Fine mate must be just as easy to make excuses when you've gone so far up Ashley's arse arguing his case with Rafa and the takeover that you only register facts that support him :biggrin:
    (No meme required)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  13. RobEllious

<laugh> what other football club operates this way? Sorry, we knowingly gave you what you wanted last season so you're getting **** all for the next season. Yep, that's Benitez's fault not Ashley's.

14. Warmir Pouchov

No I have addressed that. The same reason all those other relegation clubs haven't signed anyone. The same reason Rafa thinks it might be tricky to sign anyone. I assume you think Rafa's a prick too who is simply being Mike's bitch by making such comments? I'm sure we will sign someone.

15. Warmir Pouchov

I think you mean what other manager operates this way. I'm sure Rafa knew full well that if he spent the majority of the money generated from the sales when we came down on his Championship promotion, he wouldn't have as much to play with in the PL. He is surely not that stupid to think Mike was going to start spending money they don't have? Bottom line is Rafa didn't fancy the challenge of keeping some back and managing his way out a la Hughton or Wagner. He decided to buy his way out. That is fine and it worked. However its no good whining now saying, "please sir can I have some more sir". He could have spent 25-30m less getting out of the championship in my opinion. That money would be really handy right now...

Do you have a money tree in your garden that is giving you a false sense of where money comes from? :emoticon-0143-smirk

16. RobEllious

If that someone is kennedy i'll be straight on here to check your opinion hasn't changed.

Nar i think Rafa says whatever, just like Pards, just like every manager, he said this all through the last window and we all knew he was basically saying ashley wont give me the money.
    Words and actions are two different things so i pay small attention to that to be honest.

17. RobEllious

Well i do, but its one tree. Apparently in your garden there's two, one for wages and one for transfers. So it doesnt matter the wage bill has been halved in the time mentioned, because we're only allowed to consider transfer fees

18. Warmir Pouchov

Hang on though, our wage bill in the Championship far outstripped nearly all the division (bar Villa of course) and was widely accept to be that of a PL lower mid table side. So yes we did offload a lot of wages because we needed to, but I don't think mismanaging the wage bill again would be very sensible.

19. Warmir Pouchov

If we sign Mark Kennedy I'll be raging. He's 41. I doubt he'd leave his coaching role at Man C for a relegation battle anyway.

I'd be disappointed if all we get is Kenedy from Chelsea too. I think the problem with that one is Chelsea have to sign this Roma lad. I don't think Rafa will fall into the same trap twice. I'm sure he will have other targets. I'm a realist though. January is a very very tricky window to do business in now unless you have money to burn. So it would be quite easy to end up with nothing.

The rumours are circulating he has money to spend though and we've been linked with spending a fair bit more. Both fees and wages. Its just rumour and conjecture though like the takeover stuff. I always believe it when I see it. I certainly think signing the likes of Gameiro, Bryan, Schurle is bullshit given the clubs who would want players of that calibre. I think Rafa could have had Bryan in the summer if he'd not bothered buying Lazaar and Sels the previous summer.

20. leez

leez Well-Known Member

was there not a parachute payment in there as well... a club that has 52 thousand supporters , and can not afford to invest in players . well what is the point of watching . an excuse for a piss up every saturday lol .

Kryptonite likes this.