1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£40M bid rejected for Siguardsson

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jul 10, 2017.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Sure you can - you have to get rid of the dead wood for the rest of the plant to grow.
    Last season he wasn't much of a game winner either - wasn't completely his fault and have to include the way we played and the position he was in but if the manager doesn't want to then best get rid and bring in someone who does fit in like we could be doing with Iheanacho.

Of course we could end up keeping him and all the rumours are crap - what do I know.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Don't let Arro here you call Slimani dead wood <yikes>

3. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

He should generate £30m+ after a big bid was rejected.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Is not a discription of his talents - is a very good player but for us with the way we play, his strengths are not being used and so that is what he is.

Is a pity as I would love to see him and Ulloa up front with us firing in crosses but that doesn't suit our counter attacking style and how would we fit Vardy etc.

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That's what I predict we will want for him.

TBH I can see us working a deal with Sporting for Adrien Silva who we were after last season - if they sell Bas Dost and we bring in Iheanacho, we could do him + cash for Slimani.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Only messing mate, I think you know who it was aimed at <ok> :grin:

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I get you now mate - am tempted to edit my response for shiggles <laugh>

Diego likes this.
  8. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

I said we'd finish in Europe when he was appointed. I was right.

I said in September 2015 that it wasn't form, it was how good we are so won't be dropping off. I was right.

I said we'd beat Everton and be top at Christmas. I was right.

I said we'd carry on and win the league in January after beating Liverpool. I was right.

I didn't see Ranieri stuffing up because I didn't expect him to change a winning formula. I mean who in their right mind changes away from a style of football that first of all kept us in the league before winning it? I couldn't have predicted he'd be so stupid.

I predicted he would take us down if he wasn't sacked and after the Liverpool game and seeing that Shakey had reverted us back to what we're good at, I said I wanted him to be given the job permanently.

I talk sense but what I say sounds wild because nobody can get past the Leicester of old. We're just little old Leicester who will be in the Championship again soon because that's where we've always been but ask yourselves why that is? MONEY!

In the past we've not had wealthy owners and so we've not been able to compete but now we do. We have more money than Everton now and that's why we're above you in the rich list and we've just outbid you for Sigurdsson showing that we have more money than you.

Leicester won the league and reached the CL quarters only losing an aggregate tie to one of the best teams in the world because of a penalty that never was. That's after knocking out the winners of the EL for the past three seasons, who beat Liverpool 3-1. We've lost one player since winning the league but now somehow we're only good enough for mid-table? Are you all realIy that blinded by the 25 games Ranieri fooked up? We're still the same team that won the league, as they showed once he was sacked and they were played to their strengths again.

We'll finish above both Everton and Southampton next season and I'm well confident about that.

9. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Jesus christ you dont half blow your own trumpet

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

So you didnt predict you to win or for you to do so **** last season. Good to know.

As for going down with ranieri all conjecture, we will never know but you were never ever in the relegation positions under him.

Also I'm a chelsea fan not an evertonian haha. So for the record you think you will finish ahead of the toffees and saints this season?

11. Champions of England

I said we'd qualify
    for

BobbyD likes this.
  12. Champions of England

As I said, I predicted we would qualify for Europe before the season started and said we'd win it at the end of January. I was told I didn't know what I was talking about and laughed at.

We were 18th when Shakey took over so yes we were in the relegation zone and had lost six on the bounce and getting worse, he was taking us down.

Oh ok, well done last season it was fully deserved and I wanted you to win it. Yes I think we'll finish above both no problem because I think we'll finish top six. With no European football and a better squad than the one that won the league, I don't see any reason why not.

BobbyD likes this.
  13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Better splash the cash, otherwise Spurs will be getting Leicesters long scouted targets.

Unless it's a sell to buy policy

14. Champions of England

No they won't at all, it's a done deal only issue is image rights with his old agent. He wants to come and play with Ndidi and get more game time, neither are at Spurs and anyway they couldn't hijack a plane if they had every terrorist in the world.

You'd better put a bigger bid in than us for Sigurdsson otherwise you'll lose your top target.

15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I expect Siggurdssin to be pulling in the blue of Leicester then.....once you sell Mahrez to fund the bid.

16. Champions of England

We don't need to sell anyone to fund the bid and we don't want to sell Mahrez, we want them both.

I think there's more chance of him wearing the blue of Leicester than he is Everton because it was reported that our owners will just outbid you to get him and well they did outbid you and they'll do it again if you make another bid. We want him because there's nobody more suited to our team than him because we need Okazaki's work rate more than Mahrez's creativity behind Vardy meaning although he offers little in an attacking sense, he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet but we need better and Siggy fits the bill.
    You can find plenty of creative players without his work rate (which you don't need) and for less than £50m. Having already spent £24m on a no.10 and with Barkley still at the club, I can't see you paying north of what we've already offered.

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I'm guessing his 'trumpet' is the size of a peanut

18. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Sure is, you can always out bid another club. But it's completing the deal that counts.

But remember, Maguire shows that Leicester don't have to be rinsed to buy who they want

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Look on the Iheanacho thread - is even more hilarious <laugh>

20. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I don't think we'd need to sell Mahrez to get Siggy, but i don't think that we'd be able to accommodate both either.