1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2012 UBS Chinese GP Chat and Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by genjigonzales, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Who'll fly high in Shanghai?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2012.
  1. Fernando Alonso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

47.9%
  3. Jenson Button

31.3%
  4. Mark Webber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sebastian Vettel

8.3%
  7. Kimi Räikkönen

2.1%
  8. Bruno Senna

4.2%
  9. Kamui Kobayashi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Paul di Resta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Jean-Eric Vergne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Nico Hulkenberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Michael Schumacher

6.3%
  15. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

"The circuit layout in Shanghai tends to be more demanding than in Albert Park."
    Translation: Bad luck Schumi!

Vettel to pull a Hamilton-in-Korea-last-year and win. <ok>

2. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

No chance, i'm watching on Sky no matter what. The new presenters/crew on the Beeb are absolutely **** at their job and should be fired asap.. Waste of tax payers money.

3. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

I can think of a number of reasons to prefer Sky's coverage to the BBC's but Georgie Thompson and Simon Lazenby are not among them.

4. TomTom94

I can think of one reason to prefer Sky's coverage to the BBC but the positive of Brundle is outweighed by the negative that is David Croft.

Also if you refuse to watch on the BBC then you advocate F1 disappearing behind a paywall. <ok>

5. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

McLaren one-two with Lewis leading the way if he looks after the tyres in the first stint/quali lap. Reckon Mercedes will be massive in the final sector though.

6. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

For me, the commentators are the most important thing. We've got two good ones (imo) on Sky, and although i like Coulthard, I've been brought up with Brundle, so i'll be sticking with Sky.

7. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

BBC for me, half of the Sky crew is useless anyway.

8. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Back to the topic of potential winners, i've broken my normal option on picking a weird person to win, and i've gone Hamilton, because he's probably the best driver around this circuit.

9. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

Wish Aus had BBC coverage, but unfortunately we get Sky. And while it's free, I know I sure as hell wouldn't pay for it. Really starting to dislike Croft.

10. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Radio Commentators do radio coverage for a reason. Becuase Croft talks a lot, he's perfect for radio, as that requires more information being delivered to the listener. TV commentators don't need tot alk so much, that was one of Legard's problems too, he couldn't shut up.

11. GUEST

GUEST Member

i think lewis will win the race is if his pitstops go well.
    but so far this season has been disapointing.i think as the season goes on all drivers will become very samey,i mean you can only drive one way to make the most of these tyres.
    so now drivers are not able to show off their different styles,and thats a shame.i think this season will be pretty dull,hope im wrong about that tho.

12. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Depends where I watch it whether I watch Sky or BBC, I suspect it'll be BBC this week. Given the choice I'd go for Sky because they have Brundle and Kravitz.

13. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I suppose you're right, i'm suprised teams aren't investing heavily in cloning technology, and try to make 24 Jenson Buttons.

14. genjigonzales

I can't remember on which stream I watched the Malaysian GP (possibly SportLemon) but it was Canadian TV and carried the BBC TV commentary (i.e. Edwards and Coulthard) live. It might be an option to mute your TV and listen to the stream audio instead.

I hope you're wrong. The whole point of developing the 2012 compounds was to bring them closer together in order to make calling the strategy more difficult and personal. They're supposed to increase driver and car variation, not remove it.

15. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

hmm...
    For those who have been watching BBC coverage, how good is the in-race pitlane reporting (compared to Ted)?

16. TomTom94

Gary Anderson is very good on the detailed knowledge, not so good at the speaking in a comprehensible accent. Which is a shame because it's brilliant to have someone with that level of knowledge on board for the web articles, but all we need in the races is someone who can tell us what is going on up and down the pitlane.

17. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I am amazed to see the discussion of Sky v BBC hanging on their respective commentary teams. Are people really prepared to pay so much extra according to such criteria?

Having said that - and although Martin Brundle is light years better than his BBC counterpart - when it comes to lead commentary, the BBC score a simple equaliser.

BBC v Sky
    Edwards 1 - 0 Croft.
    Coulthard 0 - 1 Brundle.

Others are not such a great consideration in the big scale of things, so, bearing in mind that the lead commentator has the greatest overall impact, I think the BBC just edges it!

18. genjigonzales

I don't have a problem with Anderson's accent at all. On the technical side, he's a lot better than Kravitz, who is, at best, a fanboy. For enthusiasm and running around spying on what teams are doing in the moment, Kravitz is better - Anderson seems a little world-weary but I think that's just his manner. Anderson's new to that role, too, and should improve.

I honestly prefer Coulthard to Brundle but I think he was better last year alongside Brundle than he has so far been alongside Edwards. Only two races in, though.

19. Drudeboy

Drudeboy Well-Known Member

brundle all the way, but he alone doesn't justify the fee

20. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Croft saying China should have showers all through the event. Saturday will be the lightest though.

Maybe a chance for Vettel to win?