1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 2015/16 Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by InFrancroatiaWeTrust, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Can see both sides of the argument..

However, all I care about is that we're very lucky to have Klopp as our manager, I for one will enjoy every minute he's in charge of us, if his track record is anything to go by, we'll have a few up's and down's but the up's could lead us to the promised land..
    Here's hoping!

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

You saying that only 2 of that United side would get in the Liverpool side and yet even since the arrival of Klopp you've done no better than them, and you have been calling them ****e....so what does that make you?

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

This point:

Klopp >>>>>>> LVG

Liverpool Players >>>>>> Man United Players

if we are looking at points earnt in the league
    Liverpool Players + Klopp ~ Man United Players + LVG (underachieving this year which we all agree)

This formula doesn't add up. Some of these variables have to change, LVG is overachieving, Klopp is underachieving, Klopp is ****, LVG is great, Liverpool players are **** or United players are quite good

4. saintPort&Ginger

I haven't really followed your spat with Astro, sorry- but going on the highlighted statement alone: surely it's obvious that this comparison is meaningless as Klopp hasn't yet had a full season and/or time to bring in his own choice of player?
    LVG has had two seasons now (not the comparable number of games to Klopp that you first mentioned), and importantly, two pre-seasons and a seemingly limitless budget.
    His first summer signings amounted to a reported £120 million or something ( I can't remember exactly what I read) and he's spent a lot more subsequently.
    I'm not Astro, and I don't routinely claim that everything LFC is necessarily better than everyone else - but to say that Klopp should be doing better than he is is absurd. Give him a realistic amount of time before making comparisons, eh?

5. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It makes us European finalists <cheers>

I have addressed the point you're desperately clinging to above <ok>

6. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Try this equation

(Klopp + none of Klopp's players - key players injured) * nothing to play for in league > (Van Gaal + £300m of Van Gaal players - minor injury problems) * should be challenging for the title

<cheers>

7. JonnyBaws

I'll give it a try...

Wouldn't say 2.. De Gea, Shaw, Blind, Martial, the rest I genuinely wouldn't want to swap with the respective players in our team.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  8. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

3 years with our two clubs budgets is enough to build a team that will give an accurate reflection of how good a manager is and how good the team he built is.

Narrowing it down to x games is pointless.

Van Gaal is entering his final year so next year his team need to actually win things or he and they are failures.

Klopp can be judged in 2 and half years time.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

errrmm no.

To say the United side is ****e and there's only 2 players in the entire squad that would get into Liverpools side, and yet they've matched you in the league since the arrival of a manager who you (now) think is God on a bike, compared to United who are managed by a man who you think is a complete plant pot, makes **** all sense.

As if their players are far inferior to yours and their manager a pale imitation, then why aren't you smashing them in the league table since the arrival of the German Messiah?

I'll answer that for you, you were talking ****e <ok>

There's plenty of quality in that United squad, what they lack is balance. They've needed at least 1 top notch forward for over a year, put an Aguero level of striker in that team and they'd have been right up there this season. In spite of Van Gaal.................

10. astro

astro Well-Known Member

So you actually give the same as me except also Blind for some reason

Where are you playing him if you have Shaw?

If you want to get into squad then yes I would take Smalling over Skrtel but I would not break up Lovren-Sakho for any Man Utd defender

Is Blind a Lucas squad replacement?

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Tell it to @moreinjuredthanowen who thinks they could challenge for the title with no new strikers

12. JonnyBaws

I wouldn't play Blind in defence, I'd have him play the holding role in midfield, good player, reads the game, good passer, would be an effective partner for Can!

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I've never been great at maths so will leave these thread alone. :smile:

14. DirtyFrank

As for player swap...bar the 2-3 examples being touted. It's highly likely the two teams will finish a couple of points off each other outside the real league places and at best with one of the minor trophies under their belt.

So yeah...I'd probably not think it outrageous to say I wouldn't take any of the rest of their squad....

15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

This is masking the argument Saint. Man United players are **** and wouldn't get into the Liverpool team. LVG is also a **** coach (so actually **** players + **** coach means even ****ter performances). Everyone already believes United are underperforming.

With a better coach and better players albeit without a pre season, should we not expect far better performance in terms of PPG.

If you dropped a new coach onto Barca in without a pre season you would still expect them to challenge for titles because they have superior players.

Either Klopp is not as good as people think or more like Astros wrong and United players are probably as good if not better than the current Pool bunch

16. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Since Everton are 14 points below us @Tobes must think almost every Liverpool player would get into their team <ok>

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Mignolet, Clyne, Sakho, Lovren, Lucas, Coutinho, Sturridge and probably even Lallana would get into the Everton side on current form.

There you go, that's what's called an 'honest assessment' mate.

You're welcome.

18. astro

astro Well-Known Member

No place for Stones, glad you finally accept I was right <applause>

My Man Utd assessment is honest BTW

19. DirtyFrank

An interesting question (clearly hypothetical and open to bias lol) and going against my own view that it's a pointless exercise lol.

If when Klopp arrived we had taken De Gea and Smalling and they had Mignolet and any one of our CB's they want. Would United be sitting with the points they currently have and would we? Who would be higher up the table?

Would the difference in points be larger?

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

On current form, no.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. So no, you weren't right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.