1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2017/18 Fixtures

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, Jun 13, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

They couldn't sell their allocation for Champions League games so loads of those tickets went on general sale to Japanese Tourists etc.

2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

High scoring opening day for us. We've got a great record against Spurs, but when we do lose we get hammered!

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

If I remember rightly, away fans will be diagonally behind one of the goals (similar to WHL). When I was picking where I wanted seat for the season, there was a section greyed out which I presumed was where away fans would be stuck.

As for allocation no idea.

Libby likes this.
  4. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Surely the price of tickets for Spurs home games is dependant on the season ticket prices?

How much were they? Can't start selling cheap match tickets for say £20 if a season ticket is over £400 (ie over £20 a game). The fans with a ST will start kicking off and no-one will want a ST if they can buy each match individually for a lot cheaper

Libby likes this.
  5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

***South Korean tourists, we can thank Son for that! <laugh>. Bloke is seriously a huge draw though, been coaches and minibuses of South Koreans to The Lane since we signed him.

We did sell out our allocation for all CL games though plus the EL game against Gent, although the latter was down to a great move by the club of reducing ticket prices, max an adult would pay was £20, kids and concessions were just a fiver.

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We had our season tickets reduced for this season mate, not substantially but a reduction nonetheless.

I presume though that if the club begins offering a number of games at cheaper rates which works out considerably cheaper than a ST price for the season, they'll compensate us lot somehow, either by refunding us the difference or adding more free cup games to our ticket (ST covers all Prem games and the first two domestic cup matches). Can't see the club being naive enough to do something that messes up one section of it's fans.

7. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Yes exactly - fair enough if they have reduced the ST prices - probably had this in mind so they can offer cheaper individual match-day tickets too! Just can't see a match-day ticket being less than 1/19th of what you have paid for a ST (whatever that was)

No point in antagonising the regulars over bringing in the 'waiting list' fans and one-offs...

Dier Hard likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Another 5-1 home win hopefully <ok>

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I thought you reduced the price for some of your CL games too ?
    That's the issue that won't wash with ST holders though, if you suddenly try and fill Wembley by making the tickets cheaper.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Home to Leicester for us opening game. Happy with that, then we go to Stoke and Liverpool.

11. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Bigger grounds should equal cheaper tickets imho.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

This time of year is confusing for us Liverpool fans. Is it our time this or next year? <yikes>

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

No mate, not as far as I know anyway. For CL games, the club offered a group stage package, which went on offer to ST holders first, then members and then general sale. Something like £85-£90 for the three games, can't remember exactly. Outside of that, all tickets were then individually priced and if bought all three separately, you would've paid more than the package.

For this coming season my ST price was reduced, not by a large amount but still a decent gesture, although our ones are ridiculously expensive anyway, I think it's only you guys who charge more than us in the Prem. I think if the club decides that for the lesser demand matches there's a chance they won't sell out and therefore decide to do similar to Gent, I'd like to think us ST holders will be compensated somehow. Whether by adding another domestic cup match free of charge (or a European game for free) or just reimbursing us at the end of the season what the difference would've been between a standard price for a ticket and a discounted one.