1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2019/20 Next Season's Kit

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Lambertissier, May 3, 2019.

1. Piri Weepu

Piri Weepu Well-Known Member

I just hope we can bumble on through his tenure as owner without relegation and/or severe punishment for any wrongdoings behind the scenes until we get a new owner. Probably unrealistic.

MIsaints likes this.
  2. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Rumour mill.....
    4E03BB94-BE8B-4D6E-B4BB-1A77A2C3F825.jpeg

3. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

Would be nice. Can't imagine we'll get a shirt with buttons though

4. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I'm in the same position I've been since the beginning: hoping that Gao's merely here to turn a quick profit, and that someone will swoop in with a bid soonish.

Unfortunately, beyond the giant red flags with the deal itself, the other downside here is that it suggests that he's still in the good graces of the hall of power in China, which limits the likelihood that we're a vehicle for him to move money out of the country...and thus makes it less likely that he'll sell up in the near term.

Going to be a nervy and topsy-turvy few years...

6. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Definitely seems really dodgy. But then again, the whole league is corrupt so may as well join them.

I for one, would love to see millions pumped in by the Chinese government. Would be more entertaining than the last few seasons of clogging down the bottom

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  7. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

The Chinese government couldn't give two whits about the competitiveness of the team, though. The emirates etc have used football to raise their profiles in the West and serve as a bit of good PR to offset some of their nastier activities, but China has no particular interest in such, and indeed have been attempting to rein in those who were spending freely on football clubs. If they are using us (and that remains to be seen) it likely isn't to make us some sort of showcase team...it's to further other interests.

8. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Imagine if the government pump loads and loads into us.

(T)Pow! We'll have China in our hands

9. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Yes but saints likely wouldn't agree to this if it did not benefit us as a club. Dont forget that we an asset of Gao's and the better or worse we perform on the pitch, the more or less we are worth to him.

10. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

We have a cupboard full of china. Our best china is in the parlour and is never used.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.

11. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Got to say, long as the club is progressing and money is spent to improve the squad, I don't really care if it China doing it. Plenty of dodgy owners in the Prem, it is how clubs do anything. Look at Wolves

P-J, Romsey_Saint, Rich and 3 others like this.
  12. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Been like 5yrs since you last were positive about Saints. :emoticon-0110-tongu

13. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention Wolves.

Here's an article from last year about their very own mysterious sponsors. Seems like a very similar mob to ours.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...-new-shirt-sponsor-is-w88---but-who-are-they/

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  14. Cowtownred

Cowtownred Well-Known Member

Omg! Looks like a curling jersey! That's bloody awful

15. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

And during that time we've fallen into a near-relegation position, watched our talent pool deplete and our financial position degrade, got bought by someone that the PL deemed unfit, and are now sponsored by a company that doesn't yet exist. I'm not sure that the negativity has been unwarranted. <diva>

16. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I wouldn't treat Gao and the club as interchangeable; there are plenty of activities that would benefit him that would not necessarily be beneficial to the club.

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Still in the Prem though, that's the main thing. It hasn't been a amazing time, but **** could be worse. Saints could have gone out of business years ago.

I will wait until the transfer window closes, to answer whether I will moan or not.

18. BackFromBeyond

BackFromBeyond Well-Known Member

The back without the stripes isn't going to match the front - so along with the odd inclusion of Bournemouth style sleeves - this will look like three kits joined. Fingers crossed it isn't this

Saintharry13 and Cowtownred like this.
  19. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Sure, but that's setting a pretty low bar. Four years ago we had multiple world-class players, a sterling reputation, solid finances and the opportunity (if Kat was selling) to catch the eye of a buyer interested in taking us forward. We don't have any of those things now, and it's pretty alarming when the likes of DTLW and Monk are suggesting (repeatedly) that we're a ****show behind the scenes.

I think it's pretty unfair to call it moaning at this point. We've made some good decisions, but the overall picture is deeply concerning and has been for some time.

Romsey_Saint likes this.
  20. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

The overall picture is we are in the Prem... I never thought Saints could keep hold of the bigger players ever so couldn't have a go at the club for that. I also never bought into the 5yr rubbish, Poor recruiting and manager choice is what has got Saints where they are and they seemly got rid of the two people that were in charge and over saw them choices.

I just don't get being negative all the time (not on about you here), like people are looking for anything to bash the club over. My thing is if you are finding something so bad you have no positives about it then why are they still following Saints? or whatever it is that is making them unhappy. Yes people can say they are passionate and care etc and that is why they are concerned, but at the end of the day it is football and only football. If something makes you down and is easy to back out off then walk away it makes your life better. I did that.. it's why I didn't post on here for a while. Hughes and Co had got me to a point were I wasn't enjoying anything about Saints so I left it for a while.

Last edited: May 15, 2019