1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2019/2020 SEASON OVER ....... WHAT FOR NEXT SEASON 20/21

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jun 28, 2020.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WELL now our 2019 /20 season is over what do we all envisage for next year.... 2020/2021 ?

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Nothing to be honest John just the same old same old.

3. johngalleyfan2

The likelihood of a couple more leaving because the prospect of premier ship football is now gone will require more new faces.
    I did state IN 2018/19 THAT promotion to prem would/should/could be 2020/2021. HOWEVER that was on the basis of building up a strong squad which at the time had players to progress and a few new ones but we sold one or 2 for a good profit …. I think not retaining the services of Brownhill was a major error, we all know our midfield is pretty much non existent although we do have players "that fill in …. occasionally" Sometimes a player can adapt for a game or 2 but not maintain "the interest".
    we have our forwards we have a couple of wingers we have some decent defenders what we need is [ and we have all said it …"A MID FIELD" ….
    this season I had hoped for top 8 or MAYBE top 5 or 6 …………………

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL …. I believe All Lives Matter … not a just a chosen few [ last creature I saved ….a caterpillar from being walked on ]

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Plane for Johnson completely finished with him.Gone as far as he can. F5F15898-FB43-47B5-8699-2A62ABA985F9.jpeg

5. johngalleyfan2

SORRY RR that plane wont pull that banner to much wind resistance ……..

6. Red Robin

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

If Johnson is still in charge, I am expecting exactly the same as we have had for the past 3 season, very good up to January and then utter failure and soporific mind numbing football, weird team selections, even weirder tactics and mind blowing substitutions, followed by the soporific mind numbing bollox of 'they were great in training', 'it's not my fault', 'I have to pick players I can trust', it's not my fault', 'I thought we actually played quite well, 'it's not my fault', 'I saw an improvement', 'it's not my fault', 'I thought we competed well', 'it's not my fault', 'we never deserved to lose' but 'it's not my fault'.

The man is a bullshitter, who cannot handle big players and does not have a great CV.

Get rid now bring in the new guy to asses the squad in the final 7 games and get rid of the first team coaches they are part of the problem.

8. Red Robin

He can't handle players it is simple as that.

SL HAS TO CLEAR OUT THE DROSS or the fan base will melt.

9. johngalleyfan2

Don't think the CV has much to do with it ...had he stayed at Barnsley and got the promo to champs and the wemglee winners cup … then in the close season jumped ship back to div1 with city may well have had 2 promotions and a cup! heckingbotham got the honours and has done nothing since

10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Ever heard the saying "IF my grannie had balls, she would be my grandad"?

CV means a lot and his says zero.

11. johngalleyfan2

she wouldn't be your granny in the first place ! had LEE NOT LEFT Barnsley at the time he did he would have a CV they were onward bound for promotion and Wemglee

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL …. I believe All Lives Matter … not a just a chosen few [ last creature I saved ….a caterpillar from being walked on ]