1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2019 GE

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Saf, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Who will you support in the 2019 GE

1. Conservatives

2. Labour

3. Brexit Party

4. Lib Dems

5. Greens

6. Independent

7. UKIP

8. I support my legs because my legs support me lol

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I agree some of the highlighted points do not frighten me, but did you look at the edited bbc footage and did you notice the 'taking the law out of the constitution'

2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Yeah, the changes to the constitution is another one of the slightly concerning things. The interpretation is over the top though. It could just as much relate to the legal challenges to Brexit as it does the high court response to prorogation though.
    The BBC editing stuff doesn't look good, no. The pro-Labour factions are certainly making capital from it.

3. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Just found this via twitter, interesting view of the former tory pm

4. Deletion Requested1

The worrying thing for the constituion issue is that if they get a majority that leaves it wide open. Basically they just make their own laws and remember a lot of the tory centre have been removed/resigned/decided to retire so that is a disturbing move to the right.
    Bbc stuff: And why wouldn't they - I just wonder if that is why he is not doing one to ones with Neil and Etchingham. Do head office think he will put his foot in it perhaps?

5. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that Noggie hasn't picked up on the fact that Corbyn isn't even respected by his own 'very' shadow cabinet minister for health, John Ashworth who states that Labour is in a dire situation and blames Brexit and CORBYN for it. <laugh><laugh><laugh>.

Makemstine Roger, RTB and Saf like this.
  6. The Norton Cat

This is true. I still don't believe it amounts to tyranny though.
    As for the BBC, I think we have to consider what other reasons there may be for editing before assuming that it's to protect Boris. I think head office probably do think that he'll put his foot in it.

7. The Norton Cat

That's quite damning of those three. However, the context of this interview has to be considered. It was conducted in 2016 prior to the referendum and Major, a Remain campaigner, was warning against voting on the side of three prominent Leave campaigners.

Makemstine Roger and Saf like this.
  8. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Of course context should be considered and I am currently going down the rabbit hole of finding out more about these comments.

As I said in my post it's an interesting view

9. Deletion Requested1

The russian involvement worries me - social media can influence an awful lot of people. In those circumstances It does not matter who you support - the media influences the 'victim'. Regarding Boris I suspect that he is a figurehead (yes I know) but there are forces behind - forces that do not want to be public and that also worries me and that is why I bang on about him not doing interviews.

10. Deletion Requested1

New Report: Who Owns the UK Media in 2019?
    March 12, 2019 By Media Reform Coalition

please log in to view this image

We produced our first comprehensive report on media ownership in the UK back in 2015 when we argued concentrated ownership was a significant problem for any modern democracy. Four years later, we have produced an updated version that suggests that, not only does concentrated ownership persist but that the problem may be getting worse.

This report shows that just three companies (News UK, Daily Mail Group and Reach) dominate 83% of the national newspaper market (up from 71% in 2015). When online readers are included, just five companies (News UK, Daily Mail Group, Reach, Guardian and Telegraph) dominate nearly 80% of the market, slightly up from our last report. In the area of local news, just five companies (Gannett, Johnston Press, Trinity Mirror, Tindle and Archant) account for 80% of titles (back in 2015, six companies had the same share). Two companies have 46% of all commercial local analogue radio stations and two-thirds of all commercial digital stations.

11. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

And BJ isnt respected by John Major, Micheal Heseltine, Chris Patten, Ken Clarke.

All fully paid up members of the tory party

12. farnboromackem

<laugh><laugh><laugh> and are they campaigning for him.... NO.... which makes your comment more laughable<laugh><laugh><laugh>.

As a disclaimer....I've never voted Tory nor will I in this election but cannot abide the terrorist sympathising prick that is the tramp CORBYN<cheers>

13. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Laughable? What's funny about fully paid up members of the tory party actively campaigning against its current leader?

14. farnboromackem

They are not campaigning for him.... Ashworth us for the terrorist sympathising ****er.. there's a difference.. perhaps you can't see it<doh>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Nope, can't make out what "Ashworth us" means. Sorry

16. farnboromackem

FFS.. picking up on a typo error:emoticon-0102-bigsm.

Ashworth is for the terrorist sympathising ****er.. there's a difference.. perhaps you can't see it<doh>

Just for you....<cheers>
    20 minutes ago

17. The Norton Cat

I'm not sure that I buy into the shadowy powers behind the scenes theory, other than with respect to the 'Establishment'which has always been there. Social media is powerful. All I see in social media though is quite vitriolic pro-Corbyn stuff. A lot of which is clearly not presenting a balanced view or interpretation. I suspect the main reason he's not doing interviews is simply that he and his strategists know he won't come out of it well.

18. Deletion Requested1

I think the man is a loon as much a corbyn but the press (and possibly the establishment) consider him their loon so anthing goes

The Norton Cat likes this.
  19. Hamish 1973

Hamish 1973 Well-Known Member

Corbyn is a spunktrumpet

20. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023