1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2020/21 ‘Summer’ transfer window thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Tobes, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Oh right, yeah I forgot lol.

Ain’t going anywhere this summer bro. He’ll be off next summer unless we improve markedly though, and I wouldn’t blame him tbh.

Sucky and FosseFilberto like this.
  2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Good to know I'm not going insane :emoticon-0148-yes:

Tobes likes this.
  3. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Since Watford have gone down we should be able to tie Matty Longstaff to a new deal and make out like it's a new signing.

We really need a CM, and a half-decent striker alone would transform our propsects (from relegation fighting to lower-mid-table boredom). We'll sign Willems, loan a couple of payers I've never heard of and end up with Gayle up front all season whilst crying into unworn black-and-white headdresses we've ALL bought whilst forlornly hoping to be taken over.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Oumar Niasse is available on a free mate.

You can have Sigurdsson for a packet of Wotsits and a CurlyWurly.

remembercolinlee and haslam like this.
  5. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I really rated Sigurdsson, for a few years either side of his ill-fated move to Tottenham I'd have had him in any team of player outside the top 4 teams.

I assume he's gone off the boil.

As regards Niasse I wrote this on our board a month (or so) ago when the free list came out:

Niasse is an interesting one as he's looked good whenever I've seen him and was utterly shafted at Everton by Koeman almost immediately after they had paid £14m for him. I'd trust him more than Joelinton up front to be honest but you'd have to hope we're looking for a higher level than that and suspect Gayle is better anyway.

Can't say I know that much about him though.

6. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

don't like to break this to you bur just cos your memory is functioning doesn't mean you're not as mad as a box of frogs .hth
    #askDrSolid

Sucky likes this.
  7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Siggy is a half arsed tart. ****s out of virtually every challenge and is the epitome of what’s wrong with our team. He’s got talent and is the sort to look great on a YouTube compilation, but he’s beyond frustrating to watch every week. £45m we spunked on him ffs.

Niasse is dogshit, actual dogshit. He became a standing joke. We’d literally laugh when he came on. Tbf to the fella he always tried, but he was never good enough for the PL. He was signed by Bob Martin, presumably after he watched a video and received a brown envelope. Koeman arrived, picked him to start in a pre season game in Austria. Hooked him at HT, and then told him to basically **** clean off. Didn’t even give him a locker at Finch Farm just in case it hadn’t sunk in <laugh>

remembercolinlee, Libby and haslam like this.
  8. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Fair enough, given that Gylfi is only 30 I suspect there's a spot for him at a lower Premiership side. His set pieces alone used to be worth his spot.

As for Niasse, I only ever really noticed him when he was on loan at Hull and thought he looked alright but he has seemed poor ever since. 13 games for Cardiff with no goals this season. Probably still better than Joelinton though.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He’s on £100k a week mate. He’ll take some shifting, as will a few of the other donkeys we’ve collected in recent years. I mean Iwobi ffs, can’t get Zaha so we lump out £28m on deadline day for that mule. We’re a lesson in how difficult it is to assemble a top side as an also ran. even with plenty of dosh.

Big summer for us this one. We’ve somehow managed to attract one of the best managers in the game, but he’s not a miracle worker, the owners need to back him and throw even more dosh at it, otherwise I don’t see the point in bringing him in. COVID has made that even more difficult I imagine, but we need a clear out and half a dozen new heads.

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Sigurdsson too good for the Toon...I’m sure he expects at least one decent player to be wearing the same shirt as him.

remembercolinlee likes this.

11. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Didn't he used to play for Tottenham?

JakartaToon and Diego like this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Good point <laugh>

13. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

yes as you mentioned in your earlier post...then he went to Everton...they got the odd decent player too.

haslam likes this.
  14. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

We are being linked to Coutinho again in a 3 way contest with the Spuds and Goons ... really can't see it given the likely fee for a 28 year old ... but there is the Brenda link.

15. Sucky

His career has taken a massive nosedive since leaving us to "win things".

Top player though, as long as he's not downing tools and faking back injuries. All 3 of you he would improve.

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

No doubt about it ... he is just what we need to play alongside Maddison.

Perhaps we might if we off-loaded Chilwell to the Chavs. I'm a fan of the lad but many Leicester fans are not - for reasons I don't quite get. Young Luke Thomas who played the last 3 games has a lot of promise so we already have a ready made replacement and James Justin can also play there. Watch this space.

17. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if Coutinho was on less than £175kpw so only the big payers can afford him without disrupting their internal wage structures .

18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

He's got 3 league winners medals in 2 and a half years since he left. I think you're over-selling it mate.

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

nauseous Scouse ****S win the league now they think they can change historee

It’s Sucky mate

he knows **** all about the finer details of most things football

remembercolinlee and haslam like this.
  20. Sucky

I suppose it's how you look at it really, he went to barca for his dream move and it's turned out he's not wanted there so has bounced around on loan albeit to some top clubs where silverware is almost guaranteed.

Like Klopp said to him stay here and be a legend or go to barca and be just another player. Turns out he wasn't even that for them.

Like i said a top player when he's on it.

I do get a little pleasure from how its turned out for him, all very Fernando torres.