1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4 games in

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poyets outburst, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Poyets outburst

Hi guys not been able to post much as I've had to take a break for a bit for family reasons , was just wondering were every one stands ATM ?
    4 games in ,bottom of the prem and yet I still feel very optimistic that we can kick on . The media are the one creating this circus around the club just baying for paulo to get the bullet **** um
    Even with this tough run of fixtures I reckon we will pick up 3 points against west brom and as soon as that happens hopefully that will lift a weight of everyone's shoulders and the team start to really kick on .
    Remember guys while its true we've got some tough games coming up if we can get through them still in touching distance of say 15 th place our games then start to become a lot more winnable I hope.
    Ktf hope you all are good,and one more thing gutted we didn't add a clause in with ki to buy him at the end of the season very good player

2. Chaos-Or-Cornelius

As far as I'm aware Swansea have a clause to take Ki back in January.

I think we are in for a battle purely for the reasoning that I don't think we have cracked top 8 with this squad. Psychology will be a massive influence this season due to the way the fixtures fall. Hopefully Paolo doesn't attract too much pressure onto himself as it will be easy for that to spill over onto the training pitch.

3. Poolie Mackem Paul

Based on the Fulham game and second half yesterday, against the teams around us i am more than content we should be fine. My only worry is, come November if we are still only on 1 point will players heads drop and will the rot have set in?

4. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

What is annoying me is the reaction from the fans and the pundits about us having brought 14 players in, are people not aware how depleted our squad was and Mignolet and sess apart everyone else who has gone we would have been happy to let go.
    Also some of the 14 are for the development squad
    I think we are stronger than last year and hopefully they can gel soon.
    Lets face it the football we watched last year was dire and we gave Arsenal a scare second half

KTF

5. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic, not as much as I was before the season started, admittedly, but I still think we'll have a solid season

Finish around 11-13 which would be fantastic progress.

6. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Four games in and a win would have seen us mid-table! We were **** against Soton and Palace, but did OK against Fulham and the Arse. I think we'll be fine, but it's going to take a few months to get going. Nasty fixture list and a lot of new faces taking time to bed in, will see us bottom 3 at the end of October. But after a brief death, our season will gradually recover...