1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4th Round v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GLP, Jan 6, 2020.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Hull City @HullCity
    Hull City’s Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round tie with Chelsea next weekend is set to see the KCOM Stadium host its biggest FA Cup crowd since the stadium opened in 2002.

2. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I am informed that it's Hull v Rovers in 3 weeks as first game of new RL season.

Big crowd expected blah blah blah

Chelsea game is ideal one to showcase Hull City Football Club to any youngsters being introduced to live spectator sport, so that they make the right choice of local club to follow.

Don't know what floats the boats of young kids these days.

If its face painting so be it.

If it's hugging a man dressed as a comic tiger figure or in drag as a tigress in a skirt, then whatever.

If you find the game a bit hard to understand, then you may enjoy the state of the art pitchside lightshow to your young tastes.

I know the gas fuelled roaring pitchside brazier is a bit passe, but some youngsters might be hooked by it. It could just sway the argument in City's favour against the local rugby clubs.

But a blood and guts performance by City, a spectacular winner by Jarrod Bowen, a deafening partisan crowd ringing in the ears, grown men dancing with delight like young kids around you and leaving you feeling like you belong and want more of this , might just be the start of a lifelong romance.

Over to you City, no pressure...

3. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

Mostly singles dotted about in the lower bowl now, west upper about half full.

Sold out by Thursday I reckon.

4. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Agreed, DJ. Everyone knows why there'll be a big crowd and who they're there to see.

It's sad really.

5. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Surprising but we only got about 20,000 in the quarter final against Sunderland in 2014

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Why is it surprising
    I seem to remember you posting you weren’t arsed about the cup and wasn’t going?

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

LIMITED TICKETS REMAIN FOR SATURDAY’S EMIRATES FA CUP FOURTH ROUND TIE AGAINST CHELSEA (KO 5.30PM) AND THE ADVICE IS TO BUY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

Supporters can buy tickets online, by telephone (01482 505600) and in person from Tiger Leisure at the KCOM Stadium with prices set at £18 for Adults & Seniors (65+) and £12 for Young Adults (16-22) & Juniors (2-15).

Supporters are reminded that the West Stand Upper Tier is open for this fixture.

Thank you for your tremendous support.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

It’s really weird how it’s selling so well.

9. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

I never expected this to get anywhere near a sell out, so lot of credit to those who have marketed it so well. I do feel the club is selling itself so much better over the last few months and I don't really care if a lot of people are coming to watch Chelsea, they're still turning up and it's a big opportunity for the club to give them a good experience so they want to come back.

johnbo and AlRawdah like this.
  10. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I'm amongst that lot somewhere.

11. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

It's £18/£12 a ticket - or a lad and his dad for £30 rather than £70 or so before - greed got the better of them - price sensibly and you will get parents bringing their kids

12. Quill

Quill Bastard

Everywhere but the West Upper was packed from memory.

I was up there that day at the media tables and it was at best half full up there.

Madness that that game wasn't a sellout.

13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

It is

Personally I'm holding out for the final...

14. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I'd do the semi ... but only if its against one of the big boys.

FILEYseadog and dennisboothstash like this.
  15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Less than 1,000 tickets left.

16. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Actually I might pop down to the semi too...see how I feel

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  17. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I don't know what City have done differently to promote this game but they have done it without any help from the local printed media
    The HDM are already pumping up the importance of the Hull RL derby in three weeks time and how big the crowd will be. Like wise the headlines over the week end because Fc have sold out the away end at leeds rhinos, which is less then 2,000, for the opening Super league fixture. City sold as many for the away game at Rotherham recently but that didn't warrant any headlines. Instead the only headlines about our crowds this season have been all about how small they are.
    There is a huge difference on how the crowds and the support of the two codes are reported on locally. RL is pumped up way beyond its importance and football is treated just the opposite.
    One of HKR's signings was asked how it made him feel hearing rovers fans chanting his name at a friendly at wakefield last week and if he was impressed by the away support for HKR at the game, no attendance figures given by the way.
    I'm sure I heard City fans chanting Herbie Kanes names at both Rotherham and Derby. But the HDM never.

steverico likes this.
  18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

It has been ever thus. You get the impression isn’t geared up to be a football city and that a lot of the population and the local media are not interested in them being one either.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Barely a mention...

Hull City will attract biggest FA Cup crowd for 47 years when hosting Frank Lampard's Chelsea

Hull City fans scramble for Chelsea tickets with FA Cup tie on course for a sell-out

Tickets for the FA Cup tie against Chelsea are to go on general sale tomorrow

How drawing Chelsea in the FA Cup can boost Hull City's Championship promotion bid

Hull City slash ticket prices for Chelsea FA Cup tie as a sell-out crowd is targeted

Date and time for Hull City's FA Cup tie against Chelsea at KCOM Stadium confirmed

Tuckin likes this.
  20. Chazz Rheinhold

I think we just like an event. Not had out interesting for awhile
    Oh let’s go.
    Draw Norwich or someone equally uninspiring in a quarter final at home and we’ll get 15000
    We’re a strange people