1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4th Round v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GLP, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I was one of the lucky few who were members of the social club in North Stand. That filled in time until we could get to Chalk Lane Club.

2. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I travelled to away matches with the TSA who were based in Chalk Lane Club. Good days out as they nearly always stopped at CIU premises for the matches, and most of them put a free buffet on.

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

3. Barchullona

I had left Hull when those started. Knew Dave Dewberry and a few who went on them. Some memorable trips, including someone releasing the handbrake on the coach which the police had parked on a hill near the police station where they had stopped them on the way to a match. I remember once when Dave told everyone to bring no colours or anything City connected. They had a few beers at Chalk Lane and loaded some crates on board. The police stopped the coach and took it onto the Boothferry Park car park. A copper got on and started going on about beer not being allowed on football coaches. Dave said they weren’t going to football they were going on the Chalk Lane Mystery Tour which he had organised . The driver confirmed it had been booked as a mystery tour. Where is it going to end up asked the copper? Can’t remember where it was but coincidentally the destination was where City were playing. Somewhere in the Midlands I think.
    The coach firm got a visit from the plod who told them not to accept any more mystery tour bookings on a Saturday.<laugh>

4. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

gary cahill is a **** and he not only endagerned a mans life but ended a mans career
    **** him and **** chelsea
    **** chelsea a total scum club
    the first of the human rights club
    who cares about human suffering as long as the club is successfull?
    i hope man city never play here again
    disgusting club

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    tigers1970 likes this.
  5. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

next world cup played in qatar
    hundreds of migrants killed building with no way to go home
    spanish super cup played in saudia

**** oil
    anyone with decent humanity in their mind will not support this
    money talks
    while slaves exist in the middle east
    while people die building the stadiums

tigers1970 likes this.
  6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

This BHA away in the cup in 84 I think?

7. Barchullona

Can’t remember. I had moved the year before. Remember Dave saying in pub at a home game about it. Had it in my mind it was Chelsea but that may have been another incident.

8. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

One of the reasons RL enjoyed a boom time during the early 80's is because they switched to Sunday afternoon kick off's at a time when pubs use to close at 2.00pm. Which meant you could carry on drinking at the rugby. Fc had seven public bars at the boulevard at a time when public bars at Boothferry Park, a mile up the Road was forbidden. Come to think of it RL and football fans drinking habits in the same city and the same stadium are still operating under a mild form of apartheid.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  9. Barchullona

The days of taking oranges in injected with large amounts of vodka.

10. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Not that anyone outside of football forums like this will care, but it is ridiculous that the same individual, possibly sat with the same people, in the same seat, at the same ground can have a drink at their seat if the ball on the pitch in from of them is pointy, but not if the ball is round.

11. Barchullona

I can remember you giving me swigs of whisky from a bottle you had smuggled in to the Liverpool FA Cup game as we were somewhat excited at being in the lead. A bit risky as we were stood next to the fence separating fans in Kempton which means the police were doing their usual performance, closely watching every movement of City fans whilst ignoring the away fans.

12. Barchullona

Personally I would allow drinking at the version of games played with a pointy ball at places like Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Exeter etc but ban it at the version played in Hull, Leeds, Wigan, St Helens...

13. Tickton Tiger.

And if you remember we had to beg them to let us join. ( The social club, not Chalk Lane)
    One of the best nights ever in Chalk Lane was a fund raiser for the Action Group organised by Dave Dewberry, a 'Worse Club acts in Hull competition' It was hilarious. We had a one armed juggler, a blind knife thrower, a fat stripper, some awful singers and banjo players, dwarf wrestling, ventriloquists with a stammer, etc etc and this was 40 odd years before Peter Kaye and Phoenix Knights. He also arranged football nights with the likes of Tommy Docherty who took the piss out of us all and walked out to his chauffeur driven Rolls with £500 cash tucked in his arse pocket, Raich Carter one night, and even Eddie Gray another who was our manager at the time. But every night Dave organised was a sell out at a time when football in Hull was on its knees. It was years before City themselves hit on the sportmens dinners do as prolific fund raisers. I said at the time that instead of banning Dave Dewberry the club should have employed him as the commercial manager. Martin Peters might have been ten years before his time on the pitch for WHU and England but Dewberry was 25 and more years before his time off the pitch for Hull City with his ideas.

14. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Huddersfield game Tuesday after now, probably less chance of our strongest line up against Chelsea now

Newland Tiger and Kempton like this.
  15. Barchullona

They let some of us join , a number from the Well, as they were sick of us getting in by someone passing the card through the fire door and it being re-used a few times. Think they thought it was better off having all members inside if the police came in checking.
    Remember at the Docherty one someone complaining Docherty had spent too much time talking about City and he wanted to hear about Man Utd to much jeering. Was that the one where it had been booked for quite a while and City announced an open night with an official question and answer session with manager and some players on the same night and far more were at the Chalk Lane club than the City one?

16. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

I was a genuine mystery tour...the driver was blindfolded.

17. Tickton Tiger.

Correct.

18. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

You need help. All this anger & bitterness isn’t good for you.

Take a step back & relax

Quill and look_back_in_amber like this.
  19. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

I was on that coach, Dave Dewberry had nothing to do with that trip it was more a CJ/GT affair.

20. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

CJ was the culprit allegedly