1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Bluffers guide to Watford FC class of 2012/13

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Al the Hornet, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

I spotted this on the NewsNow website and I think it is a very good article;)

It will not let me publish the article as it is over 10,000 characters<grr> so here is the link:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/609782358?-276:790

Enjoy the read, I did;)

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks as if we spotted this at the same time again. <laugh>

3. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Good informative article and goes some way to readress the crap coming out of the Daily Snail...

4. HampshireHornet

It all makes for good reading up to Christmas, the real test will be in Jan/Feb.

5. Golden Gordon

Golden Gordon Well-Known Member

Very useful to me, sat here at home and rather bewildered by the seemingly never ending permutations of team sheets.

6. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Yes very helpful for those of us who struggle with yet another player in the team each week.... good article too..

7. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Let's hope the some of the laonees sign up then too!

8. SandyHornet

SandyHornet Active Member

Good spot Al <ok>, was very helpful as this is the first season that I have really struggled to remember any of the team. I see the team sheet each week and sometimes it "Eh......who's that?"

9. Lloydinio

Lloydinio Well-Known Member

Haven't read this good an article in ages, The writer should apply for a job at a newspaper. Or the BBC...

10. Saxet

Saxet Well-Known Member

Matt Rowson has always been a good read. From his match previews on BSad and match reports on BHappy. I think he was a co-commentator on a recent game as well.

11. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

OFH, I must admit with my change of job in the summer I have not had the ability to post as much articles as I would have liked however, as soon as I read this I thought it was well worth everybody having a chance to peruse;)

12. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Don't you just love his closing sentence?

"Don&#8217;t be surprised to see other teams go the way of Leeds in the coming months".

I'll drink to that <ale>

13. Irohas Bunyon

Irohas Bunyon Member

Good artical and a good summary of where the players are in the season so far.

14. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

As time goes by the "Pozzo project" begins to look more reassuring for Watford fans. The fear that in this set-up we will be first and foremost a finishing school and shop window for Udinese players has not entirely gone away, but has been put into perspective. The anxiety that our own Academy will be downgraded and our own players marginalised has been laid to rest (for now) and the Pozzo's do seem to respect the history and ethos of the club. The Pozzo's are coming across as serious business people with proper resources behind them, who are not motivated by the quick buck but are here for the long term. They are knowledgeable football people too, which puts some distance between them and owners from India, Thailand the USA or the Middle East. (No offence). So far so good, after the initial apprehension of the takeover. But, as the project begins to succeed in football terms too (i.e. as we rise up the table and challenge for promotion) then the spotlight will fall on the club even more. Will the Pozzo model of multi-ownership and numerous inter-club loans be allowed to continue? How long before someone more influential than a few Luton fans or a Daily Mail reporter cries "foul"?

15. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Easy to get round that one , Roger Papa pozzo has udinese , and Gino has watford father and sonmoving a few players around , I believe the fergusons have moved a couple of players around before now ;)

16. oldnickhornet

oldnickhornet Active Member

May have missed it but surprised no publicity particularly from those on here who had faith in the new regime from the beginning , for the Watford Observer interview this week with Mr Pozzo-tive (like that?).Even to sceptics, it reads very encouragingly.

17. oldnickhornet

oldnickhornet Active Member

Part 2- cant really leave it like that can I.
    What this Smith man didnt mention,and by coincidence was offered a top job at the Pozzos salt mine interest in Siberia at the interview ,was that Mr Pozzo(tive) was asked where his family intended to live here.

He answered probably in one of the houses to be built on the site of the current ground. When Smith asked where Watford would then be playing Poz took on a 'I've let cat out of bag' look and left hurriedly for a suddenly remembered meeting.
    Sorry to be the bearer on a Fri pm,get there tomorrow while theres still a football club.

18. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

<bubbly>

;)

19. lendal

lendal New Member