1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Serious Question!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

A thought flashed through my tiny mind recently and it was this:
    Would any of the current Cardiff City side get into the Swansea City side now?
    The question I really wanted to arkse was the reverse of this! :steam:<wah>

2. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

A serious question?

3. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

difficult question as any swansea player needs to fit in with their style of play, you cant just say 'player x would get in over player y because he's better'.

i'd say probably whittingham, and mcnaughton based on earlier season form would get in, individually swanseas players arent streets ahead but as a collective they are better no doubt....<ok>

4. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

whitts and Hmmmm

5. snlk/poksnbn

Yet another thread they have to jump on.Why the **** do we keep inviting them over by talking about them and why the **** are they sat there waiting for the next opportunity to comment on our board?

Seriously,is there a thread on the first page of the Cardiff City site that doesn't have a swanc comment?

6. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

ITIWRAN,

They seem to have half a dozen spoilers, ready to jump on any Cardiff post.

JH got banned from the Swanc board for doing just that, maybe we need to start doing the same.

7. snlk/poksnbn

Rhondda!
    I never thought I would agree to such draconian measures but I would like to see things evened up by banning one of them as example to others.I don't think any of our lot even post on their board anymore so repercussions will be limited.Take your pick from the usual suspects.

8. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

you want to ban me for being non abusive?

9. snlk/poksnbn

10. DaiJones

I totally agree, I've always thought that banning was the wrong thing to do but things have got too bad, we seem to lose more good posters every week. I&#8217;m very close to it myself.

We can either go onto the Swanc board in mass and spoil their posts or start banning.

3 at a time I'd go for then maybe after 2 or 3 lots things might get back to normal.

11. snlk/poksnbn

Rhondda!
    To be honest m8,other than to ruffle a few feathers I have no compulsion to go on their board.I'll be honest they have had some unexpected good fortune of late, so not that they need any more but good luck to them.I would like to know what other Bluebirds think of going down the banning avenue.

12. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

I posted a thread on their board linking to the infestation thread so that the other Jacks could see what was happening, JackAsh deleted it !! so it's ok to delete and ban on the Swansea board but not here. I'm with Rhonda here, sadly what's good for the goose etc, tbh I'm not enjoying it on here anymore and if things don't improve I can't see me continuing at all.

13. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I don't think banning is the answer. All that will happen is it will be seen as tit for tat and we will be no better than them if we resort to banning individuals.
    We all know JH is provocative in some of his posts and most Swans choose to see it as a dig at them even if there is no mention of the swans in his post.
    They have banned JH so as far as I am concerned they have no argument any more, after all JH is posting on the Cardiff message board. a prime example is his thread about Gary Lineker, did JH mention Swansea in there?
    So we can take the higher moral ground based on we do not restrict freedom of speech whether we like it or not.

14. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

theres freedom of speech, then theres ruining almost every thread to the point that our members cant have a decent discussion about CARDIFF CITY, the club at the top of the page....

15. snlk/poksnbn

Taff!
    For far too long they have blamed John for everything they perceive as attacks on their precious football team.If you mention the word swansea the usual few invade,if you don't mention swansea they invade.Ban one and they will stop posting on our board.You yourself tried posting a thread recently and this was ripped apart by the swanc.Easier if we just don't talk to them.It's not as if we need them as much as they need us.

16. snlk/poksnbn

And your final sentence is exactly what they hope to achieve m8.

17. DaiJones

If things stay the same we won't have many members, we either sort this out now or change the name to Swanc board 2.

18. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

ITIWRAN, that's my point, they have no argument any more because they have to come on here to attack JH, you could say JH is being stalked. I usually ignore the immature comments but sometimes I do bite and respond to quickly to some of the clowns. I very rarely mention the swans but some saw fit to ruin the cross board thread. So in future I will not engage them on their board if any similar news breaks regarding Welsh clubs in Europe. No loss on my part.
    I will engage swans on here if they post reasonable threads, even well thought out humour is acceptable other than that I will ignore them. If the mods see fit to ban them fair enough, I'm happy to go with the majority.

19. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight, your regular posters are leaving because they can't handle some Swansea fan coming on the board and posting. Well, I am sorry, but this is a public forum and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be on here in the first place.

But, with all due repect, none of our lads are half as bad as the tosser that calls himself John Hughs. Not one of his posts was constructive, he continually spouted complete bullshit, so we had a vote and it was decided that it was best he was banned (Not by me I may add, Syd did, as we don't have the power to ban).
    You say above that these posts about Swansea don't contain the words "Swansea" in the title. While this is true, it would take a complete dumshit to not realise he was on about us. If it was from any decent Cardiff fan, it may be thought differently.

So, I have come to a conclusion. If you don't like one of our lads posts, delete it, not really that hard, is it?

20. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Ash,
    Its got nothing to do with not being able to handle some swansea fans, more a case of getting pissed off with decent threads getting ruined in the name of point scoring, even if JH hasn't posted in it. It's one of the reasons I stepped down as a mod. Another is, I don't like the banning/deleting route. I tried the fair approach which was completely ignored so it seems the only way to stop all the crap is to go down that road.

Why would that thread be read any differently if anyone else had posted it? This just confirms, imo, no matter what JH posts, you boys are going to be all over it... just because its JH.I agree he can be a pain in the arse sometimes but to quote you, If you can't handle him, you shouldn't be on here

just saying <ok>