1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adebayor

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by RRich, Nov 17, 2012.

1. RRich

RRich Well-Known Member

Good signing or disruptive influence? Discuss...

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Good signing made a stupid mistake today but there's not reason to suggest he's disruptive unless you believe the couple of media reports with no quotes or anything to give it credit. Even then you still have to ignore how settled he was for us last season.

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Twat!!.....:mad:

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

The thing is he isn't like a new signing to us. He has been with us a year now and if previous is anything to go by from his former clubs then he's a self centred little child...and it kicks in around now!

When he plays football then he is immense...however if it's not often enough then he is a liability. I feared he would have got sent off last week as well what with his constant personal battle with Zabaletta.

Idiot cost us today so I'm going to be hard pushed to find much positive in him for now.

5. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

It was a yellow card at best and a 10% competent ref would have made the right decision

Instead the attention whore Webb was in charge

****er

6. RRich

RRich Well-Known Member

It's still in the heat of the moment, but trying to analyse the player rationally. A top EL player, played for Real, scores goals; we know his strengths. However, for the wages we pay him he let us down in our most important game. If he doesn't get picked in the starting XI, thats where my real concern is. Granted, we only have Defoe at the moment, but there is an undercurrent of negativity from Ade if not selected, which spreads. Seems like a top bloke off the pitch though.

7. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Have to agree. If you are going to send a player off for a non dangerous but wild tackle 10 minutes in a sin bin would be a better punishment for everyone involved. If the game is going to go all namby then appropriate punishment is required,

8. No Kane No Gain

Everyone makes mistakes and he's far from the only player to have done so in a NLD and I don't see what wages have to do with it.

9. RRich

RRich Well-Known Member

He is getting paid more than any other player at our club (I believe), which makes him a senior player, someone leading by example, the person that should influence our team positively. True, we're all human and make mistakes and countless top players lose their heads. Bottom line for me, he is a disruption and there must be a reason other top managers have let him go.

10. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Speaking objectively Adebayor is a good player. But he's also a ****, lazy at times, and a hot head (as shown today)
    If Spurs can find a manager who can put him in his place then he'll play much better

11. No Kane No Gain

I don't think it was cut and dried but he could have stayed on the pitch, particularly because Webb refused to give players the benefit and avoid carding players throughout the game. You can't go by the letter of the law on some decisions and not on others.

Goons if you want to reply try and be constructive, if you have no intention of that then you'll have the posts deleted.

12. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The issue right now is that, if we want/need/have to continue playing 442, who do we stick up front with Defoe? Dempsey is the obvious option but has failed to impress thus far, whilst our other options are raw prospects in Coulibaly, Lancaster, or Obika.

13. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Yes, I wouldn't disagree with that assessment. The only problem is I'm to sure there's a manager alive who can keep that ego in place.

14. Ade is a very good player, and we are lucky to have him. AVB, as coach, has to roast into him for making such a stupid challenge so early in the game. Adebayor can be forgiven for this, provide he learns his lesson; and AVB isn't to blame. But, if Ade repeats this stupidity, both he and AVB will have proven themselves no good for us.

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Todays game just doesn't allow for it. If your foot is raised and you go in studs up with a flying karate style challenge like that, you don't stand a chance.

Ade's made a mistake, but players do. We can't question his effort since he's been fit. Even before he got sent off, he looked sharp again today.

It's happened now and there's nothing we can do.

What bugs me is that the holes in the squad weren't taken care of properly in the summer. Injuries and sending off's happen every season. It's something every club have to prepare for. We went into the season v short for the first 3 games again, and didn't get who we needed last season, let alone who we needed knowing that rafa and modric were going.

The red card to Ade and AVB's bad subs are not the root of the problem.

16. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Adebayor great player and I am glad we have him.

Why should he be slated for being committed to the cause and falling foul to a decision that was either poor OR correct and the rules are poor. Either way no footballer should be slated for trying to win the ball. If it was intent to injure, different matter all together, but I don't think it was.

The modern game saddens me in this respect for while cheats (divers, shirt pullers etc) go unchallenged mistimed tackles are penalised so harshly. This is NOT in the spirit of football IMO.

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with your assessment of things, Spurf. However, as a professional you have to be aware of what the rules ARE. Not what they should perhaps be.

18. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Yes you are right, sadly <ok>

19. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Same as Crouch in the CL, a bit of pumped up lunacy, you expect better from senior players, but thats how it goes, its done, move on. Can't criticise the decision, the other way round and we'd be screaming straight red. Had he not made contact maybe a yellow, but when you clatter an ankle studs up as he did, intent is irrelevant its still dangerous play with no option other than to walk imo.

20. BajanSpur

BajanSpur Well-Known Member

Good player and by no means a disruptive influence..
    No one can question his ability and commitment.. and he has always been a positive influence when picked to play for Spurs.

The fact that the referee made an absolute blunder (once again in a Spurs game) so early in the game is not down to anyone esle.

We can not blame players like Ade (or any other Spurs players) for being committed to our cause, infact we should look towards the cowardish and sheepish behaviour of others.

We here at spurs are all too accustomed to major blunders by referees. It is becoming par-for-the-course in big games lately and there will be more of these 'refereeing mistakes' to come through-out this season, I come assure you of that.