1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Alehouse Brawlers vs Baggies Friday 17th May 8pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by StJabbo1, May 14, 2024.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how that unfolds this summer. West Ham aren’t much good so they might want him to come back into the fold.

I assume they have been monitoring his performances for us and have noticed like anyone who has paid any attention that he is extremely important for us, so if they do sell him they may ask for a large fee. Spending a large chunk of our transfer budget on 2 players who are already here is what we will have to do but doesn’t improve the 23/24 team at all, and we will be playing a far higher level. I’m guessing the scouting team are trying to find a cheaper replacement who can play the Downes role as an alternative

2. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

A blond trippel does the job.

3. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

4. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that a trippel is a beer, not a euphemism for a lady of easy virtue <whistle>:)

Saints_Alive likes this.
  5. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Possibly 3 ladies..:emoticon-0116-evilg

6. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

i genuinely feel we gave them an extra gear last night

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I was at a match…never left my seat…yet thought we’d lost until leaving the stadium and someone said we’d equalised. The only logical explanation is that I must have been abducted by aliens .

shoot_spiderman and ChilcoSaint like this.
  8. LincolnSaint

LincolnSaint Well-Known Member

Didn't post last night because I was ****ing exhausted and collapsed straight into bed having been awake 21 hours!

Yesterday was mental. Absolutely 100% batshit crazy level of mental. I took Mini Lincoln and his cousin who's been to a few games before as Wonky Saint definitely would have struggled with that game with so much riding on it.

We got to the ground to welcome the team coach and Mini and his cousin had bought red and white smoke. Never in a million years did I expect to see that many people there, let alone the singing/flares/smoke. I knew it was going to be a special night there and then. I've been coming to St Mary’s for over 20 years and never felt a build up like it. Truly very special.

Into the ground and there were huge queues before the turnstiles had even opened. Again lots of singing, lots of chanting. A discounted pint and sausage roll and off to the seats. We were row CC of Kingsland North and in our seats 45 mins before kick off and could hear the Northam singing in their concourse:emoticon-0115-inlov

The atmosphere from kick off was incredible. Lots of singing when we had the ball lots of whistles and jeers when brom were in possession. Loved the Saints player who spoke to the crowd before the game(looks like he had definitely been enjoying the hospitality package<laugh>)

The first half nerves didn't get the better of the fans, but ****ing hell. The noise when Smallbone hit it was incredible. Honestly could feel the ground shake beneath our feet. Complete dominance in the 2nd half and what do you know....we're off to Wembley :emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl

****ing get in

9. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Cracking photo of SMS from last night. Might be my new desktop background. Credit to @sfcharryy on Twitter

please log in to view this image

10. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

11. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Depends on your medication. Two's company, three is a crowd and four's even more fun than that.

Welsh Saint and Saints_Alive like this.
  12. - Doing The Lambert Walk

13. fran-MLs little camera

Just have the feeling that the gods are rolling around laughing on Mount Olympus as they can’t believe we’ve fallen for it. Rather like they did when I got married <laugh>

14. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

We’ll be going in as the underdogs for sure, not sure what the bookies have as prices but I’d be shocked if Leeds weren’t favourites. I’d imagine by kick off they will be quite big favourites as well.

If they play like they did against Norwich then we have a very hard task. Hopefully Martin has got their number with the 2 victories in the league and, like Leicesters style completely batters Martin, ours is Leeds Kyptonite

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  15. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Wow, I was tearing up watching that, incredible atmosphere! Have to repeat that at Wembley now!

Pydo and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  16. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

Fantastic result obviously. For too long st marys has been a nice place for away teams to play, last night it wasn't, it was passionate, loud and hostile - long may that continue. Echoes of the Dell atmosphere against the big clubs back in the day.

Special mention to Smallbone who i haven't really rated for parts of the season, haven't slagged him off though, last night he scored an amazing goal and is proving vital as the midfield runner into the box

Onto wembley - need our forwards to be fit and firing...

17. fran-MLs little camera

The manager really rates Smallbone…very complimentary of him as a player and a person in the interview on Sky post-match

Saints_Alive and SaintsFan86 like this.
  18. LincolnSaint

I raise you with.....

Screenshot_20240518_220123_WhatsApp.jpg

milton archer, Libby, garysfc and 9 others like this.
  19. - Doing The Lambert Walk

20. LincolnSaint