1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, St Andrews Old Course/Carnoustie/Kingsbarns

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by Smokin Beau, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Well arrived here ready for hopefully some fantastic golf over the next 4 days.

The tournament is played over 3 courses, each player playing a different course over thursday/friday/saturday, then a cut is made and the remaining players play the Old course at St Andrews again.

Alongside the actual event is the Pro-Am - which features stars from the TV and other Sports, as well as other famous people. For the racing folk amonst us, JP McManus is paired with fellow irishman Harrington for the event.

If last year is anything to go by, Kingsbarns is the scoring course, so i've picked a couple who are playing there tomorrow. The logic being that a fast start could maintain the focus and intensity better for the next two days play.

Thongchai Jaidee - 80/1 - I've backed Thongchai a few times this season, and usually plays steady golf. £7.50 e/w

Brooks Koepka - 66/1 - Has already shown he can play well on links courses, and with that in mind i think he can be up ther ein contention. £7.50 e/w

My friend who has been here since Monday said he watched Charl Schwartzel yesterday in the practice round really work the ball left & right, and kept a good flight which is neccessary for links golf. So with that in mind, i went and backed him at 22/1. £10 win

I'll be at St Andrews, hoping to follow a spprting idol of mine around - Shane Warne!

Goodluck to anyone who has a bet

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Enjoy your time there Smokin... Hope you gat to see some great golf, and good weather... It can be a bit nesh up in them parts at this time of the year...:bandit: