1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

All Ireland Final Dublin v Mayo 22/09/13

Discussion in 'GAA' started by Mick O'Toon, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Dublin were poor and Mayo were even worse, pretty poor match but its another all Ireland in the bag and that's all that matters now. The ref was a shocker and gave Mayo everything, how the **** that cretin got to ref an All Ireland final is beyond me 32 frees to Mayo and only 12 to Dublin.

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The ref had to do something to counteract all that extra practice Dublin had by breaking the training ban.... Some have said this offence is as bad as doping.

3. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Ah come on,I expected more from you Reb and I can't believe the 31 counties against 1 still prevailed,**** me!

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Another Dub who can't count... 31...... Shame on you. If you can't count the number of teams you are supposedly up against there is no hope of you actually playing by the rules and training when you are supposed to.

This is chronological doping. Sam would be turning in his grave.

...... I have told folk I am wumming on another forum and pedalled the line and still getting a few bites. There is some merit to it though.

5. Rubadub

We cant forget London and New York who make it 33 especially with the year London have had. I think they could go well again next year, they certainly wont fear playing the likes of Sligo any more.

6. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

I honestly hope you are not being serious. It was obvious that Dublin came out with the intention of using their physicality but some of the things the ref let slide was shocking, especially the fouling when a Mayo player with the ball was on the floor. Mayo didnt help themselves, but the ref was certainly helping Dublin and I can remember a questionable decisions stopping Mayo attacks and allowing Dublin to go up the other end and score. Fairly significant in a 1 point game.

7. Rubadub

I am being serious 100%. The ref gave Mayo everything and did his best to hand them the game and they still couldn't win, all you have to do is look at the free count. We are used to having to play against a culchie ref so its no big deal we still won playing against Mayo and the ref.

8. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Not PC but very true and my apologies to New York and London,33 counties against the Dubs:laugh:

9. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

Culchie ref <doh> typical attitude iv seen when playing dub teams

The Dublin foul count is a reflection of the cynical approach Dublin took to the game.

10. IA

IA Active Member

I reckon the Dubs have it hardest of all counties. Having to play all their matches away from home, against culchie refs and culchie teams, and only having a paltry 1.3 million people to choose from. It's amazing they've won any All-Irelands

Even if most of the All-Irelands they won were with culchie players...

11. Rubadub

Dublin don't ask to play in Croke Park now do they? The gaa tells them where to play and im not sure how many times that has to be explained, its a lame excuse mainly used by bitter mucksavages like you who are sick that Dublin win.

1.3million? So you are telling me that 1.3million people play gaa in Dublin? Get a grip, seriously.

Most of Dublins players who won All Irelands are culchies? <laugh> Stay off the crack.

12. IA

IA Active Member

I've been away for a few weeks.

You were the one who whinged on another thread that Parnell Park was home. Where did I say Dublin asked to play at Croke Park??

Not sick at all that Dublin won. It's about time a Leinster county is able to step up to the top table since Meath's downturn.

Well done on the win.

Population of Dublin: c. 1,300,000
    Population of Carlow: 54,612

Which of the above counties do you think has the most available players?

Most of Dublin's All-Irelands were won before 1945, in an era when players played for the county they lived in rather than the county they were from. Dublin had a large number of players who had moved up to the big shmoke from Kerry, Tipperary, Galway etc, and many of these players won All-Irelands in Dublin colours.

As for the whine about culchie refs...

Catch a grip <ok>

13. Rubadub

That old chestnut is another lame duck excuse to belittle Dublin g.a.a and its not even entirely true, it was actually the Dublin hurling teams back then that were full of players born all over Ireland and there is still only one Dublin born hurler to have won an All Ireland and that was in 1938, im sure the footballers had a few but times were tough apparently so people had to move to Dublin to get work and im sure they were happy enough to play for Dublin.

Anyway pre 1945 is a long time ago and it just shows how bitter some people are if they are still using things that happened that long ago to discredit Dublin g.a.a.

14. IA

IA Active Member

OK so would you prefer that nobody mentions any All-Irelands won before 1945?

Never said anyone was forced to move to Dublin or play for Dublin.

15. Rubadub

People can mention them all they want but they have no relevance to the modern game at all, they are in the ancient history books and its all about the present for me.