1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

All time qpr player

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by bowlesnumber10, Mar 30, 2011.

1. bowlesnumber10

My all time qpr player is mick leach,some of the younger fans wont know of him,but he was a midfield player and so under rated,he did a lot of hard work he was a grafter,nothing spectacular but very efficent,and he could score goals,great player

2. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Mick Leach was under rated for sure. But it has to be Rod Marsh for me. I'll swear the ball was glued to his foot at times!

3. aerospacemango

Not quite old enough for Rodney (sorry Hoops Eternal!!)

So my vote would go to Stan Bowles.

I loved the man! No, seriously...I LOVED him!!!

4. houstonranger

houstonranger Member

So many to choose from over the past 45 years or so that I have supported Rangers.
    My first hero was Mike Keen. Although not the most skillful player he was the stabilzer and driving force behind the team .
    He was a teriific motivator on the pitch and a true professional.
    If I had to pick between Marsh and Bowles I would go for Stan the Man.

5. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

I'm surprised by the vote for Mick Leach. Always saw him as more of a striker. Efficient enough at times but unfashionable and in no way prolific. A bit of a tidy Alan Wilks if you catch my drift.

In the Marsh days, my hero was Roger Morgan. To think we not only had Rodney but identical George Best lookalike twins on our wings (Ian right footed and Roger left) is a full set of sparkling memories to cherish. Tottenham bought Roger in the end.

Another fave was Barry Bridges (ex Chelsea and Brum). Also a winger, bandy legged but faaassst. Wasn't with us for much more than a year or so (shock mid-season move to Millwall of all teams) but was always electric and totally lethal anywhere near goal.

And yet another who kept me coming to game after game was Tony (silky skills) Currie. Nuff said for those who know an artist when they have the privilege of seeing one at work.

But to address the purpose of this thread: all time QPR player?

It has to be the namesake of the author of this thread - STAN THE MAN BOWLES. Rodney, Venables, Currie, Wegerlie, Sir Les, Ideal Taarabt and others: all massive Rs icons. One day, out of the blue, we bought this long haired, slightly bedraggled looking bloke from Carlisle at a snip - supposedly to replace Marsh in the 10 shirt. 'Yeah, right...' thought us on the terraces... The rest is absolute legend!

So why is Stan my all time QPR man? 'Cos as Mancunian as was when he started out, he quickly became Rangers through and through. Never really did it anywhere else... and from what I hear from time to time - he's been with in one way or another ever since. Here's to you Stanley!!