1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Allam's interview with The Sun...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Quill

Quill Bastard

It's amazing that someone who has been on this forum for as long as you can be this wrong. This is one helluva whoosh.

2. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

It's one of them ''in'' jokes mate, you must have missed it - it isn't as good as weralth creators though.

3. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Can a forum oldster tell us: is this the moment when it was born, or was there an earlier post?

EDIT: this one predates it:

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Love that he called me a puff, old school put down. But he ruined it by saying 'a puff'. Stop been puff would have been better. Seriously Castro, how are you not getting this?

Bengals Tiger likes this.
  5. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

ANGRY owner Assem Allam branded the FA 'amateurs' after they blocked his plans to change Hull City's name for a second time.

And the 76-year-old revealed his hurt at fans’ opposition to a switch to Hull Tigers.

Allam’s bid was knocked back by the full FA Council last month despite backing from FA chairman Greg Dyke, vice-chairman David Gill and chief executive Martin Glenn.

Allam said: “Greg Dyke is a very nice man, very experienced and very professional. He understood what I was trying to do.

“People involved with the Premier League understood what I was trying to do, because they are global.

“It is a sad day that most of the people who make the decisions are amateurs and do not have this understanding.

“They are local, not global. Premier League decisions should be made by the Premier League Council.”

The 92 elected council members include just eight from Premier League clubs — and 52 from various local county, schools, amateur, armed forces and university FAs.

Allam, who rescued the club from being wound up when he bought it in 2010, responded to the decision by insisting he will quit and sell the club.

The Egyptian multi-millionaire added: “From day one I said if people didn’t like my way of doing things, I would walk away. I offered a present — to make this club self-sustainable and a global brand. The answer was no thanks, so I go, I am not a dictator.”

Allam insists local opposition to his plan came from a ‘troublesome minority’ of fans.

He added: “For 46 years I have lived in Hull — please find me another owner who can say that.

“I mix with the people so I don’t need to get my opinions from Twitter.

“Overwhelmingly, they are positive and welcoming about what I am trying to do. It is only a very small corner who sing ‘City til we die’ and they are demonstrating for the sake of it.

“About 15,500 season ticket- holders were balloted and just 2,500 came back and said no. That’s 16.5 per cent.”

Allam claims the name-change was part of a plan to turn Hull into a global brand.

He said: “The only merchandise we sell is in Hull. To go global, we need to market ourselves. The shorter the name, the better.

“Google, Apple, Twitter. You don’t go out to the world and say ‘we are Hull City Tigers Association Football Club’.

“If you do that, expect to fail, my friend.”

Relegation will cost Hull around £60million in lost income this season. But Allam nsists he never considered sacking boss Steve Bruce.

He said: “Steve is a good manager and we get on well.

“This is the problem with football — chopping and changing managers. That’s not me.”

6. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I hope we do continue to hear it then. Louder too. Would mean it's been reclaimed and is no loner a protest, but is a celebration.

Kempton, renegadetiger and PLT like this.
  7. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

“Google, Apple, Twitter. You don’t go out to the world and say ‘we are Hull City Tigers Association Football Club’."

You ****ing idiot, Allam.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The reasoning of a six year old. <doh>

joannahatfield likes this.
  9. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Noticeable he didn't quote how many said yes. With his logic Cameron had a huge majority in favour of him as all people who didn't vote would have voted for him if they had and therefore very few are opposed to him.
    One thing he says can't be denied. Not one of the other 91 chairmen in the football league have lived in Hull for 46 years. (Although it could be asked how many years has Allam actually spent living in Hull?).

joannahatfield and PLT like this.
  10. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Any indications of the chants the silent majority will be coming out with to show their support for the name change? Though given their reluctance to make any noise in support of the team, only raising their voices to moan, grumble and tell other fans to shut up and sit down, it seems unlikely they can stir themselves into action.

PLT and spesupersydera like this.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

See, he's not all daft. <ok>

Any link to the Sun article, or anything where says he's he's dropping it?

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's posted six posts up.

It doesn't say anything about him dropping it, it was the bloke who wrote the article who was interviewed on RH last night who said he told him he was dropping it. No idea why he didn't include it, you'd think it was the most important part of the article, though maybe he thinks that would only be of interest to City fans.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That quote's actually hilarious because according to his staff at the club, he can't go out on his own any more because he gets too much abuse. And that was a year ago, before the re-application, the Airco and ASI scandals and the latest price hikes.

14. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Was he asked why, if that's what was said by Allam, he didn't put it in the article? That seems bizarre to me - I whiff journalist bullshit.

15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I saw that, it just looks like a compilation of his earlier comments, much like most of the replies in this thread.

So, he hasn't said anything new, nor that he's dropping it, but disharmony has once more been helped along on an assumption and not his words.

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I can say that the claim isn't 100% accurate.

17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

The reporter mentioned that Allam said he was dropping the name chance as he was a business man and didn't pursue lost causes, or something along those lines.

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Fancy that eh.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Aye, it didn't surprise me.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's based on what the journalist said he was told in an interview, fair enough if you think he's lying, but it's based on his comments, rather than any assumptions.