1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amount of fouls commited

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is the amount of foul commited by Harrold acceptable? Could our league position be better?

DISCIPLINE
    -----------------------FL2 ----CUPS --TOTAL
    Player -------------F Y R P F Y R P F Y R P
    Matt Harrold ---89 4 1 0 8 1 0 0 97 5 1 0
    Ian Sharps ------31 6 1 0 3 0 0 0 34 6 1 0
    Kevin McIntyre 27 2 1 0 5 0 0 0 32 2 1 0

To have a striker having three times as many fouls as our CB a good thing?

2. radshrew

radshrew New Member

Just watching the Bradford game was enough to convince ANYONE that refs have a vendetta against tall ginger blokes. EVERY 50/50 challenge went against him, to the point where he was standing off players and holding his arms in the air as he challenged for the ball for fear of being penalised AGAIN. Whether it's his awkwardness, size or demeanour, refs seem to find him an easy target. I think centre backs hate playing against him too, and hence protest, winge and draw more attention to him throughout games. All in all, we're better with him than without him imo, he'd be first on my team sheet - but ideally with a pacey partner running off him. I don't believe that he would have half the cards against him if the refs were of a more decent quality.

3. Matster

Forum Moderator

I definitely think he should be starting games. He was great with Robinson at the start of the season and his flick-ons were perfectly timed, sometimes though I think we are sending the ball to him too much and it becomes predictable for the defense. Smith picks up the ball for a goal kick, always walks to the lhs corner of the goal kick area and kicks it out to Harrold, in turn the CBs are ready for it.

Harrold also needs to learn not to place arms around opposing players and not grab their shirts.

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

oh no a debate about harrold ...............................best i keep quiet<whistle><whistle><whistle>

5. radshrew

radshrew New Member

Go on rocky, do your worst!!! In my opinion, his biggest down fall is his lack of subtlety. Dye his hair brown, stoop a bit and the refs won't notice him as much. League 2 centre backs are simply not whiter than white, and the percentage of free kicks for and against the ginger wonder are ridiculous. He needs to learn to play the refs better, the majority of them seem incredibly easy to fool in this league.

6. Matster

Forum Moderator

Holt's still managing it...

7. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

dont get me posting on here on what i think about harrold cos you lot would ban me for life ,lets just agree to disagree......................cue the abuse from jenny and atcham

8. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

wobblers know a thing or 2 about harrold, ie he was nbg with them. if his scoring capability was as good as his bookings he might be going places. is he good enough for L1? on paper shrews have one of the strongest squads in the league, certainly the best manager, a well run club by the board and an excellent new stadium. we are too good for league 2! lol. so lets get cracking floreat salopia. who are we, shrewsbury town englands premier borough. believe and crack in those goals harrold

9. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

No surprise that Kevin Davies has the record for most fouls given against him in the Premiership. Referees don't seem to understand the physical nature of the game. I am sure that Nat Lofthouse would have only been half the player in today's game