1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

... and in Other Football News

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Gone For A Walk, Sep 16, 2021.

1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Samuelsen was technically a wonderful player, he just lacked the physicality to succeed in the English game.

2. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

Hes 6ft 2 but as slender as a peice of paper

3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Very old new of course, but thought this was the best place to put this.
    I vaguely remembered the name and story, but this thread about the late Adrian Doherty is well worth a read.

4. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

5. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

2311:23
    Moyes rewarded for European success
    There's more reason to celebrate for West Ham boss David Moyes.

The Scot showed off his dancing skills after last week's Europa Conference League final win.

And now it has been revealed he will be staying at the Hammers for their third successive European campaign.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Things not getting any better a Wigan, HMRC have just commenced a winding-up action.

7. Sumatran_Tiger

Everton have announced chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale, chief finance and strategy officer Grant Ingles and non-executive director Graeme Sharp have left their boardroom roles.

The Toffees said interim appointments and chairman Bill Kenwright's future will be decided in the next 48 hours.

Last month, Everton entered into an exclusivity agreement with MSP Sports Capital over investment in the club.

Everton ensured Premier League survival on the last day of the season.

A 1-0 victory over Bournemouth at Goodison Park confirmed they would be extending their 69-year stay in English football's top tier.

However, fans have been extremely unhappy at the running of the club and vented their anger with protests asking for the board's removal.

The club's key decision-makers last attended a home game in January, having been warned of a "real and credible threat to their safety" following "threatening correspondence".

The construction of Everton's new 53,888-capacity ground on Bramley-Moore Dock is well under way but has seen costs soar from £500m to £760m, for which owner Farhad Moshiri has been searching for investment.

Talks over funding have progressed with MSP and it is understood the New York-based company will likely expect representation in the boardroom if it does complete a minority investment.

The departing directors said in a joint statement: "We have all been fully committed during our time here and are disappointed to have made the decision to leave Everton.

"We have worked tirelessly alongside our chairman in what has been a challenging period to deliver some of the most significant projects in Everton's history - projects that will safeguard and sustain the commercial future of the club for generations to come.

"We are proud of the commercial growth projects progressed during our time on the board, including the construction of the club's new waterfront stadium. This construction project - the largest currently on site in the UK - is progressing at pace.

"The club's partnership portfolio has also been increased and diversified, reflected in record commercial partnerships and the expansion of our work internationally."

Kenwright added: "This has been a great board who have all worked tirelessly for the club, no matter what the circumstances.

"My relationship with Denise has been known as one of the closest in football. I thank her for her many achievements, particularly her magnificent work in respect of our new stadium."

Meanwhile, court records show Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is suing Everton, his former club, at the High Court.

The claim relates to "general commercial contracts and arrangements" but the listing gives no further details.

Ancelotti, 64, managed the Toffees between December 2019 and June 2021. The Italian's lawyers declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

8. Sumatran_Tiger

9. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good on him

Pep Guardiola gifts six-figure bonus for winning the Premier League to Man City staff
    By Jack Gaughan for MailOnline 17:31, 14 Jun 2023 , updated 21:43, 14 Jun 2023

has gifted his six-figure bonus for winning the to some members of ’s staff.

The exact amount has been kept under wraps but some of the club’s senior stars earn bonuses of up to £750,000 inserted into their contracts and Guardiola’s is likely to be around that figure.

Guardiola has always remained keen to stress the importance of the entire staff in and decided to make a donation to a sizeable number of employees.

They are believed to include receptionists and security staff who are seen to have played a role in the historic success this season, culminating in securing the Treble by beating Inter in Saturday’s final.

The manager, , is a hugely popular figure among the staff and his latest act of generosity will significantly increase the value of bonuses that were already handed to those behind the scenes

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Good for him, but I'd have guessed his bonus might have been bigger than that.

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Maybe read it

13. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Morning Chazz.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Baptism of fire - Champions Man City will kick off the Premier League season on 11th August at promoted Burnley.

15. Cityzen

I certainly wouldn’t have guessed who it was on the left of this picture, (Imagine the reaction if a reporter rolled up for an interview with a fag in their gob these days.<laugh>)

please log in to view this image

TwoWrights likes this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Saw that article already
    Had a look of Paola Rossi

17. Cityzen

That was my initial thought. Now I know who it is I feel a bit happier about the sight that greets me when I look in the mirror nowadays.<laugh>

Help!, Chazz Rheinhold and TwoWrights like this.
  18. Chazz Rheinhold

upload_2023-6-15_11-10-55.jpeg

19. Cityzen

Yes, definitely a similarity. Not nowadays though.<laugh> Rossi has achieved something only 2 players have ever done and something no other player has. Without googling any ideas? I confess Imdid not know until I read it online.

People, especially women, would not have thrown the insult at him so many football fans do back then. I imagine a lot .of women would have been happy having him looking after their table.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Should be the same in the Championship...

please log in to view this image

Wessie Exile and highpeak tiger like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 0)

1. Cityzen
  2. mrprochull
  3. garyd80
  4. Arctic Tiger Oslo
  5. DouglasFairbanks