1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Andre Marriner

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poyet's Eleven, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

First off, second half we were awful, Hull were the better team for longer periods, so well done to them.

But, Andre Marriner, hang your head in ****ing shame. 2 (TWO) clear handballs inside the penalty box with 5 minutes of each other, one of which is right in front of him, both resulted in nothing but angry Sunderland protests. The free-kick leading up to their goal wasn't a free-kick by any stretch of the imagination, he didn't think so at first either, until Meyler stayed on the floor for a good 5 seconds.

This isn't the first time he's had an absolute shocker against us either. Club should seriously take action. It's a ****ing joke.

All that being said, the players need to take a look at themselves, because in the second half we were so bad. Absolutely no composure at all.

Good think we've only got a couple games to wait to bounce back, because today's game was depressingly bad

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Hope to god Gus fancies the fine and and sticks the boot right into the **** in his post match interview. The **** is not fit to referee Sunday League.

3. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Agreed we were terrible.

Ref was even worse, most people would be sacked if they got it that wrong at work

4. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Ref: But, Andre Marriner, hang your head in f**ing shame.

So so predictable !!!

5. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

I was just saying the same thing... Get stuck in Gus !!!!

6. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Gus picked the wrong team for the job, but that does not let Marinner off the hook, we should seriously look into a formal complaint to the , oh wait a minute, they would probably dock us three points, the players let us down to-day and a golden opportunity was lost, we've been here before so many times, its like ground hog day. Fatheed rides again Agggghhhhhh!!!!!!!.

7. Poyet's Eleven

Aye, he should go for it. Incompetent ****er

8. Poyet's Eleven

"Andre Marriner will referee the League One match between Fleetwood and Sheffield United this weekend following his error-strewn display during Manchester City and Everton on Saturday."

From earlier this month. Let's see his punishment this time round

I genuinely believe he shouldn't be taking charge of football games, let alone premier league games.

9. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

I'll chip in

10. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Agree we were ****e, but Mariner cheated us out of three points. He should not be allowed to referee again after that..

11. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Fatheed has just been on the box, applauding his performance, surprise that.

12. smurky_safc

smurky_safc Member

When has Marriner ever 'incompetently' reffed a game in our favour? Amazing that he only ever 'incompetently' refs our games against us.

Can anybody actually recall a game when this ref had a 'good game' for us?

13. shiney-mackem

shiney-mackem Member

I know the ref had a poor game but far more worrying was our second have performance. No urgency, no composure , no creativity ,no threat. I think the players have let everyone down, we should have been nudging the top ten today instead of still looking down.

14. Brian Storm

Lads lads, we know were ****e today and it being discussed, let's not give this **** Marriner any defence here at all, us playing bad should not get him off the hook so lets not deflect this thread towards our performance. This thread is about that **** and nowt else. Useless ****er. Sack him fa.

15. smurky_safc

smurky_safc Member

I'm tempted to load up on Hull surviving upon the basis that the FA give instructions to refs after what I've seen today.

The FA want us in the league but not to climb to high and as we started to get up the league, we were an easy expendable picking today in favour of Hull, in order to help Hull get out of the bottom three.

Conspiracy central, and I'm going to pile my money on it aswell. Gunna lay some Betfair wedge.

16. Brian Storm

Gus Poyet furious with 'embarrassing' Andre Marriner
    Sunderlands Uruguayan manager Gus Poyet reacts during the English Premier League football match between Sunderland and Arsenal at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland, northeast England, on October 25, 2014© Getty Images
    Tweet
    By Paul Gorst, Reporter
    Filed: Friday, December 26, 2014 at 17:52 UK
    Last Updated: Friday, December 26, 2014 at 17:52 UK
    Sunderland boss Gus Poyet slammed Andre Marriner's decision not to award his team a penalty against Hull City as "embarrassing".

The Black Cats lost 3-1 at the Stadium of Light, and Poyet was far from pleased by the official's decision to wave away two penalty appeals for handball.

"I thought it was an embarrassing [decision] to be honest," Poyet told Sky Sports News. "The second one was an easy one to make. I thought that the referee had a problem giving handball today.

"If it is the only incident in the whole game and you tell me that it is normal to put your hands up then we can discuss but I thought the second one was easy. He was five yards from the incident."

The victory for Hull was their first win in 11 games.

embarrassing, great choice of word. Both for the ref and the FA, ****ing embarrassing. Worth the fine that Gus. <applause>

17. Poyet's Eleven

spot on.

First one was more blatant, but the second one was a few yards in front of him. HOW can he miss it? HOW?! The only answer is incompetence.

18. Brian Storm

Right in front of his assistant. should not have been missed.

19. Poyet's Eleven

When I saw the replay I lost it. So ****ing obvious.

I can't accept it.

One, is hard to take, but two? Both should be easy decisions

20. smurky_safc

smurky_safc Member

It wasnt missed, he saw it and chose to ignore it. The 'foul' on Meyler was as blatant as biased refs can be.

How can a team like Sunderland put themselves about when the ref is stopping play in favour of the opposing team every time there is anything that resembles a tackle?

They know its the little decisions that change the flow of the game but when 2 major decisions are ignored aswell, it tells you everything you need to know.