1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Annual Results y/e 31 July 2022. Update y/e 31 July 2023

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

2. Taffvalerowdy

3. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

4. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

So what do you reckon the upshot of all this is? The losses don't look good for next season's prospects.

5. Taffvalerowdy

Well, the results are for the year ended 31 July 2022.

The new investors would have seen the figures in advance of filing at Companies House, plus they would have received the year to date management accounts for the current year, together with the forecast/budget for next year/season.

The sale of players (Whittaker, Obafemi and Piroe?), together with the introduction of new cash, should mean sufficient cash funding is available.

daimungeezer likes this.
  6. glamexile

7. Taffvalerowdy

8. Taffvalerowdy

9. daimungeezer

Are we looking at a positive summer and a tilt at promotion next season? It should be up for grabs looking at the overall quality of the division again this season. Fingers crossed.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  10. Taffvalerowdy

Depends who comes down and whether their financial position allows them to retain most of their PL squad

11. glamexile

Looks like there will be some big names coming down next season and I guess they will be favourites for automatic promotion. But then weren't Watford also expected to go straight back up!

daimungeezer, 55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  12. daimungeezer

That still leaves three other places to play for ;)

13. Taffvalerowdy

Swansea City is delighted to announce the appointment of Andy Coleman, a seasoned, successful business executive, as the club’s new chairman.

Coleman has also acquired a significant shareholding in the football club – which has been approved by the EFL – and will act as operating partner of the club’s majority ownership group.

Coleman will now assume day-to-day responsibility for the running of the club and will also be moving to Swansea with his young family to provide on the ground leadership and help drive the club forward.

This new structure will provide ownership presence at the club, working side by side with the existing management team to streamline decision-making and deliver a cohesive club strategy.

Swansea City shareholder Jason Levien, said: "I am pleased that Andy will be the new chairman of Swansea City and operating partner in Swansea.

“We believe what Swansea City needs now is a chairman on the ground with the authority to run the club. Andy’s passion for this project is palpable, and his commitment and leadership are exactly what the club needs.”

On his appointment, Andy Coleman said: “I am honoured to take on the responsibility of being chairman of Swansea City.

“I have seen first-hand on my numerous visits to Swansea the passion and commitment of the supporters, and how much it means to this city.

“I’m putting my whole life into this club and this community. I promise to work tirelessly to represent the club in a manner that supporters can take pride in. I want to share in their enthusiasm for the club and its success, and I want all of us to enjoy it together.

“The facilities and infrastructure are best-in-class, and we look forward to building on the club’s strengths to put Swansea City in the best possible position to achieve our shared goals.”

Coleman arrives with a wealth of experience having built one of the world’s leading hospitality industry finance businesses for Berkadia in the United States.

Community work has always been important for Andy, and as part of his involvement with MLS club DC United he re-launched the DC United Foundation and serves as its chairman. He looks forward to continuing that in South Wales and working with the Swansea City AFC Foundation.

Coleman begins his responsibilities with immediate effect and everyone at the club welcomes him and his family to SA1.

14. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

What’s you take on this Taff. Was he one of the investors recently being mentioned?

15. glamexile

Following his appointment as chairman, Andy Coleman has written the following open letter to the club’s supporters.

To the Jack Army,

I want to start by saying how privileged and honoured I am to become chairman of this great football club.

This is a community club and my vision for it begins with strengthening the connection between you, the supporters, and the leadership of the club. The fans are the heartbeat of all clubs, and you are no different. Communication is of paramount importance, and I will be as transparent as possible. Whilst you may not agree with every decision I make, I will always put the interests of the club first.

We are fortunate that many aspects of Swansea City are in extremely good shape. We play an exciting brand of football under a terrific young head coach in Russell Martin, and we also have an excellent senior management team with talented and hard-working staff across all departments.

We have fantastic training facilities, a great stadium, and a strong academy. The fresh capital coming into the club will allow us to make investments throughout the organisation to build on this strong foundation, and create a best-in-class operation in all aspects of our work.

In these early days, I am very focused on supporting and strengthening the work of our player recruitment team ahead of what is an important summer for the club. We also know that it is essential Swansea City implements a longer-term strategy, not only for the football operation but also the business side, in order to put the club in the best possible position to achieve promotion and stay in the Premier League.

Myself and my family have been fortunate to spend a great deal of time in Swansea over the past eight months, and we have been blown away by its beauty and the welcoming spirit of people within the city. We are so excited to make our home here.

We are beginning to understand the connection this community has with its football club and its great history. The supporters played a vital role in rescuing the club and helping to start that magical journey from League Two to the Premier League, and we have felt that passion in all the games we’ve been to – especially when winning a third consecutive (now fourth) South Wales derby back in October.

It is that kind of commitment and passion that I will carry into my work here.

I still have so much more to learn about this club and the area, and I know I must earn your trust as a steward and custodian of Swansea City. I am extremely grateful for this responsibility and I am excited to get started.

Andy

16. Taffvalerowdy

Hi Never,

Yes - he was/is one of the 3 guys rumoured to be injecting the £10m (total) into the club.

It must be better to have an American on the ground so to speak - there’s not been that connection since Chris Pearlman left.

I liked Chris as an individual - he certainly had the interests of the Club/Owners at the heart of how he operated, and (correctly from the Swans perspective) didn’t mind ‘stepping on’ the Ospreys’ interests if he needed to.

Different to Chris, Andy has skin in the game through his direct investment.

Hopefully, we won’t see a repeat of the January transfer fiasco!

17. daimungeezer

Makes a good noise but we've heard that before. Sounds enthusiastic but we'll have to see... and hope!

18. Taffvalerowdy

100% <cheers>

19. Taffvalerowdy

Perhaps we should be grateful for small mercies:

daimungeezer likes this.
  20. daimungeezer

How not to do it. When someone rich wants to own a club for all the wrong reasons (becoming the norm).