1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another black day for English football

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by typical, Feb 8, 2012.

1. typical

typical Well-Known Member

Disgusted and appalled at the fa and the legal system. Shame on the fa and this country. Sepp blatter must be laughing his socks off

2. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

It looks as thougthe idiots at the FA have got what they deserve. The manager has the right to choose the captain. Not a faceless committee who are looking to judge somebody before the courts have taken a view. Capello will now pursue the constructive dismissal route for the money remaining on his contract. The committee will try and poach Rednap but Daniel Levy will have a say iin that. I guess Stuart pearce will have to shoulder the burden with trevor brooking for the match at the end of the month. Curbs wont get a sniff but some idiotinthe press will recommend Pardew.

Oh well another tournament screwed!

3. typical

A set up by the fa. There was no resignation but a pay off. The confidentiality clause kicks in. Capello is well out of it. How many phone calls were made between southwark crown court and lancaster gate today then? This country deserves its status as the mugs of the world.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Disgusted at the legal system? Why? Were you on the jury?

5. CAFCAlex

CAFCAlex Member

Nothing surprises me anymore with England or the F.A.

There was bound to be something that happened before the start of a major tournament.

We are a joke as an international footballing nation.

Give me club success with the mighty Charlton any day.

6. typical

You don't have to be on a jury to know when the system is wrong. If you can spend 8 million on an investigation, you can afford to try defendants separately. you can apply the freedom of speech principal and not deny a innocent man the chance to captain his country. If you can try and jail a rioter the day after they we're caught, why can't you deal imediately with a simple racist abuse case? The whole think stinks of a set up.

Harry was guilty as sin. The next poor sucka who late with his returns is gonna get it, the inland revenue will get its 8 million back somehow. Oh and why did the fa refuse to comment upon appointing Harry if he was convicted? Oh and why did the attorney general try to scare joey Barton into not tweeting. Why has free speech so frightened the politicians. I wonder what bob Crowe would do if Capello drove a train for a living and got treated like that?

7. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

Happy Capello's gone, he never did much here. BUT I really do not want Redknapp in charge, as Typical, he is guilty as sin, don't want that in charge of my country.

Stay away from the Black Jesus though

8. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Brilliant posting agree 100%...The `Arry tree huggers will be out in force unfortunately sadly the public will demand the cockney geezer...teflon Don Redknapp

9. Addick_Stu

Addick_Stu Active Member

I think we should bring back El Tel - after all, there's nothing dodgy about him.

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I hope you're not including me as a 'tree hugger'. I was merely making the point that 'disgust' is a fairly strong emotional state to be in for someone who's relying on hearsay to form an opinion on Redknapp's culpability.

11. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Name and shame the jury I say...like the `Arry El Tel combination,dream team Ronnie n Reggie woulda loved em gaud bless em.
    Capello a man of principal stood up for what he believed in,to honest and decent a man for the England job.

12. Addick4Life

Addick4Life Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Its strange that a lot of people say an Englishman should get the job yet dont complain when the foreigners take all the other jobs.... ;-) (lol! Soz please dont start a debate on this)

I feel though that Guus Hiddink should get the job - He took Australia to the World Cup Quarters (the same year we only got that far ourselves) and took South Korea to the Semis (When we havent gone that far since '90)

He also did pretty well for Chelsea winning over 70% of the games he was in charge for and nearly won them the title (and that was coming in Half-Way through the season)

13. ybabobmij

ybabobmij Active Member

I think Pardew should get it. Then again I am Scottish!

14. Addick4Life

Addick4Life Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought you'd be able to name a better Management Team than Pardew... (after all he is doing quite well for the Geordies).

I'd have said Dowie flanked by Reed and Parkinson what better way to get ready for the Euros than quik cricket followed by a walk around the Warsaw neighbourhood.

15. typical

If you ever have been to a jury trial then you will know that most of the evidence is hearsay. That's the point mate. You have to accept that juries are incapable of understanding the intricacies of forensic accounting and rely on personality rather than law. Go check why ken Dodd got off and lestor piggott did not. While your there go check Harry's wiki page and as a comparison any other employed English football manager.

Terry is a dick but does he deserve this? The principal here is about media and race, the two most uncomfortable subjects fo an Englishman. The more justice we offer, the more oppressive our system becomes. Nobody said to Diane Abbott maybe you ought to sit out the next election did they?

16. Sarflondoner

Sarflondoner Member

Call me a cynic but I wonder how many of the jury make flash purchases in the next 24 months?! ;-)

I have had little interest in this trial to be fair but on the face of it redknapp gets money, puts it in offshore account, names account after dog, denies account is his, admits account is his, denies putting it overseas to avoid tax. So the jury need to decide did he put it overseas to avoid tax? Well surely £189k is a very small amount of his fortune so I personally think the jury would think "why hide such a small amount to avoid such a small amount of tax?" Just creates that 1% of doubt. And if you have been on a jury you will know that the prosecuting body (whoever it is) needs to make you 100% sure, the defence only need to create 1% of doubt.

The fact this happend the same day as Capello go does cause a massive conspiracy theory, and for the first time I find myself smirking and thinking "Hmmm maybe there is such a thing!"

Personally I don't want Redknapp as the manager of England. Just not a fan, his personality side but also his tactical methods. Even Spurs fans have criticised his use of subs and not actually knowing what his best 11 is. But the truth is what is the alternative? I think Pearce should take over for the Euro's (aware of Olympics, no idea how to solve that, maybe Redknapp as a trial?! ha)

When would Redknapp get time to scout and sort the national team before Euros? There is no way he would leave Tottenham at this point, surely not?

Pearce knows the England set up, the under 21's he has worked with have worked into the squad and so why the hell not?

17. IA

IA Active Member

Nice work avoiding his two most recent jobs ;)

I have no idea why Redknapp would take the job now. If I was him, I'd sit out the likely car crash, say I'll start as soon as the Euros are over, and leave an interim manager to deal with Poland/Ukraine.

Beckham and Pearce dream team. <ok>

18. typical

Pearce and Beckham have wrapped up the olympics so it makes sense to pair them for this as well. Just saw Rooney picking Harry as his next England manager, what a rat.

19. Captain Blackaddick

Captain Blackaddick Well-Known Member

Sam Allardyce, anyone?

I know his style of football isn't exactly Rachael Weisz but he did a tremendous job at Bolton, and look at what has happened to Blackburn since he was sacked.

And he would certainly bring the passion back into playing for England.

20. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Interesting that no one is mentioning curbs even as interim manager. He has a better track record at club level than pearce and is still very involved with the game. i would like to see him in the interim role with pearce as back up. He has got little to lose and would definitely contribute 100% of his time and passion to the role. He should, of course, had the job instead of the brolly wally.